Full Time, 35-40 hours per week
Seeking outgoing, organized and hard working individuals to provide superior administrative support to the Special Events Department’s Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY) campaign for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) on Long Island. The temps will work under the supervision of the Special Events Coordinators to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
MWOY is a spirited 10-week campaign to raise funds to help find cures for blood cancers. MWOY candidates are nominated by their social and professional peers to compete to raise the most money in honor of local pediatric cancer patients, the Boys & Girls of the Year. The male and female candidates who raise the most funds during the campaign are awarded the title of Long Island’s Man and Woman of the Year at the campaign’s Grand Finale Gala.
Since 1949, LLS has been dedicated to the mission of curing leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improving the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS is the world's largest voluntary health agency investing mission critical funds in lifesaving blood cancer research around the globe, and providing free information and support services.
- Provide administrative support for the Man & Woman of the Year candidates and committee members
- Provide support for all mailings
- Packing and logistical support for meetings and events
- Learn various LLS databases, and help to keep them updated
- Research, order, and maintain an accurate inventory of supplies
- Edit campaign materials
- Provide support maintaining MWOY websites
- Conduct miscellaneous Special Events support tasks as necessary
- Maintain a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and its programs
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Excellent word processing and database management skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and professional demeanor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of standard business machines and computers.
- Professional maturity and judgment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Indeed - 17 months ago
Since 1949, LLS has been dedicated to the mission of curing leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improving the quality of...