How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Team In Training Internships
Location: Independence, OH
Northern Ohio Chapter
- Marketing and Social Media
- Nonprofit Management
- Sports, Fittness and Nutrition
We are seeking interns to assist with the marketing & event coordination of our fundraising campaign, Team In Training. Team In Training (TNT) is the world's largest endurance training program for runners, walkers, cyclists and triathletes. TNT provides certified coaches and mentors to the participants that assist them in their fitness and personal goals for marathons, century rides and triathlons, in return the Team members raise funds to help find a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. We offer a supportive and hands on working environment where you can learn new skills and enhance existing ones. This is an unpaid internship.
- Educational training in communications, marketing, liberal arts, sports marketing, health and fitness or related background
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Interest in special events planning, fundraising, nonprofits, and fitness
- Prefer experience with Microsoft Word, Access and Excel GPA of 3.0 or above
BENEFITS TO STUDENT
- Gain practical working skills and experience in the non-profit industry
- Work samples for portfolio
- Networking opportunities and business experience for resume
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
- Intern will work directly with the Team In Training Director and staff.
- Intern will assist in marketing and event coordination of Team In Training.
- Tasks to include:
o local event planning
o public relations functions (writing press releases, event literature)
o communication with prospective participants for the TNT program through email, phone and in person
o distribution of TNT marketing materials around the Northern Ohio area
o data input & general office tasks
o support group trainings
o develop and manage social media plan
- Start/End Dates: flexible
- Hours are flexible. Minimum 8 hours a week.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Northern Ohio Chapter
5700 Brecksville Road, 3rd Floor
Independence, OH 44131