The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Employee Reviews

A very corporate feeling that was a newspaper publishing feeling.
POP Marketing Rep. (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 31, 2017
I liked being involved in Marketing.
This was a part-time job. I think that local campaigns would have
been more successful.
I don't believe that there was a lot of excitement generated.
I worked with different managers.
The Campaign only lasted five months.
I don't think that a Funds Drive is something that I will participate in
again.
Pros
Getting paid. Friendly managers and staff.
Cons
No job expansion
Great cause
School Outreach Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 25, 2017
Working for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is very rewarding. You have the opportunity to assist with saving lives by allowing children/students to be a part of the giving donation process.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Seasonal job
My Time at LLS
Senior Campaign Director - Team In Training (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 25, 2017
I really love the mission of the LLS. They are sold out on finding a cure for cancer. I had a manager that was not a good mentor. I think it may work for others not like me.
Creative, fun
Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 13, 2017
This was a great place to work while I was raising my family. The job /culture gave me the flexibility that I need. I was able to work my fundraising events around the demands of my family. My family enjoyed being involved with my events.
Pros
Meet a lot of awesome people
Cons
A lot of weekends and travel
Good for part time
Campaign Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoSeptember 14, 2017
LLS is challenging as it requires many cold calls throughout the day but the results are rewarding. Good place if you are a college student and the schedule is flexible. There is a constant push for numbers and management changes all the time.
Great Cause
Campaign Coordinator/IT Administrator Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJSeptember 7, 2017
You feel like you are giving back to these unfortunate individuals who develop this type of cancers. They are tremendous people with enormous hearts of gold!
I loved working at LLS!!
Campaign Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2017
I was originally brought in through a temp agency to assist with the School & Youth Programs and I managed to do exceptionally well so they continued to bring me back year after year until work died down. All staff was extremely friendly and pleasurable to work with. There was a new challenge every day which never made the job boring.
Pros
Helping people
LLS will find better treatments to fight cancer.
Director, CRM (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 25, 2017
I was in the IT department and it was non stop and lately there have been many changes. All the changes are trying to help get the organization to a better place so they can better fund their mission.
Pros
paid work
Cons
last two years there has been lots of change
Supportive environment desired to make a positive difference in the world
Special Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 26, 2017
Interning for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society was an eye-opening professional experience working hands on with a special event project. I was able to see my personal hard work pay off and go towards an non-profit organization that supports a more positive quality of life for those individuals suffering.
Non-Profit with Excellent Mission
Administrative & Event Planning (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 25, 2017
I worked at a very small chapter in Las Vegas, NV. This chapter had many growing pains and was learning how to communicate with corporate properly and utilize the chapter resources appropriately.
Very rewarding place to work
Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2017
Great experience. Hardest part of the job was having to create events with very little resources. Every day was different depending on the campaign I was working on.
fyn
Campaign Coordinator, Light the Night Walk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 11, 2017
inventory control for $1 million-budget high-impact community fundraising
events in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, meeting key fundraising goals.
¥ Assisted full-time staff with data management for Fort Lauderdale and Miami events.

¥ Directed in-bound and out-bound communication with all chapter event participants and key donors.

¥ Spoke on behalf of Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as Honored Hero in multiple community outreach
opportunities.
¥ Manage a million dollar budget within a team of 5
Important mission
Outreach Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2017
Important focus and mission. Intense environment with unhappy manager made for a stressful work environment. Nice to have flexible work hours and the expectations of the job were very specific which was helpful. Met some very hard working and nice people there.
Pros
flexible hours
Great atmosphere that allows for creative contribution
Manager, Education Programs (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYDecember 14, 2016
The gift of giving to families of those affected by a blood cancer is a job that you will always be proud of. I've participated in planning, preparation, and editing of videos and telephone/web programs used by hundred of thousands of families in search of information about themselves or a loved one affected by a blood cancer. Truly an honor to be on the side fighting cancer.
great work life balance
Senior Campaign Manager, Student Series (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2016
great work life balance. great benefits, vacation days, sick days and life outside of work.

Company is not good at keeping people around for long, lots of turnover and they don't help the employees who stick around.
Mission impossible
Campaign Manager- Team in Training (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 13, 2016
I spent four years working with LLS. and while they promised career advancement and opportunity, they never delivered. They higher young women out of college and never once promoted a person over 30 in any job opening. If you want to bust your but for a great mission but have no career advancement then by all means work for LLS. They made cut back after cut back while I worked here and expected bigger and better results. They lack leadership and direction in the offices and tend to hire underdeveloped managers who do not know how to lead.
Pros
great mission, benifits and paid holidays
Cons
They pay way under living wadge for the work they expect you to do
Mission Oriented, but things don't make sense
Campaign Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 29, 2016
Working at LLS is very rewarding in the sense that a good percentage of every dollar raised does go back to he mission. LLS goes wrong in the way that the treat their employees. Long hours, not enough support, high demands, and a lot of person time has to be given up.

They also like to take advantage of young adults and pay them less than the older staff.
Pros
Good benefits, a lot of time off
Cons
management, national office, materials not on time
Mission oriented and goal based
Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 15, 2016
Employees managed people who were fundraising for the organization. Because of the line of work, we had emotional ties towards our mission of finding a cure for blood cancers. We worked long hours, weekends and traveled every five months to take teams of people to their events.
Pros
Traveling, people oriented, mission based, fundraising for a cause
Cons
no work/life balance because it was your entire life, all the time.
Much growing pains and lack of leadership
Market Development Director (Current Employee) –  Northeast FloridaJuly 6, 2015
LLS is an incredible organization that does important life-saving work; however, the internal workings are a bit rusty. CEO is great, but many middle managers and executive directors that lack leadership and people skills.
Pros
Feel good about doing something good
Cons
Everyone's struggling to keep up with the changes and direction.
Great Learning Experience
Marketing/Event Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 20, 2015
Got a great hands on internship of what it is like to work in an office. Learned about the work and time that goes into a charity event.