The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Employee Reviews

Great Learning Experience
Marketing/Event Planning Intern (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJune 20, 2015
Got a great hands on internship of what it is like to work in an office. Learned about the work and time that goes into a charity event.
dynamic organization
Vice President, Research Business Development (Former Employee), White Plains NYApril 8, 2015
A lot is going on and change is imminent. The organization is not what it was ten years ago and will be different next year too.
Coaching
Marathon Coach, Independent Contractor (part-time) (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Enjoyable, small pay as a coach volunteering to coach runners to complete marathons/half marathons as they raised money for LLS.
Great Environment
Senior Campaign Manager (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 9, 2015
Enjoyed learning and growing with company.A lot of opportunity for growth. The CPA chapter has a great atmosphere and friendly environment. Goals are very high while working with LLS. Constantly need to find ways to reinvent or refresh campaigns.
Great non-profit to work for!
Senior Campaign Manager (Former Employee), Orange, CADecember 18, 2014
I loved the passion of the volunteers and employees at LLS! Such a fulfilling job!
Great mission, difficult transitions
Director (Current Employee), Southeast RegionSeptember 16, 2014
PROS: Great mission-focused organization.

CONS: Regional realignment of organization has caused layoffs, reduced resources, and extremely long hours for all staff.
Mission Oriented Great People
Senior Campaign Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GeorgiaAugust 28, 2014
I worked for LLS for over 5 years. My managers were always very supportive and the leadership always kept the mission at the forefront of what we did. I had a GREAT experience working with LLS and continue to volunteer.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Senior Regional Controller (Current Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: employer 401 contribution reduced from 10% to 2.5%, job/ work life balance may be coming to an end, there is favoritism
Work with field and upper management and research and respond to their queries. Right now is year end and our Auditors are there. I am the liaison between the Auditors and staff ensuring the Auditors samples are provided to me timely.

I know how to multi - task and prioritize projects as well as learn new systems for report writing.

Management is quick and sharp and to my knowledge leading the organization in the right path to keep to its mission.

I get along with my co-workers and know that we are a team and a team helps eachother so each player can get their job done timely and effectively.

The hardest part of the job is expecting others will respond right away to you and they do not. A quick response can be the key to making a deadline or completing something before its deadline.

The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the day when I feel, Wow! I accomplished alot today!
Assistant in the Patient Access Department
Intern (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 30, 2014
I began interning at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to gain experience as well as earn credits for a course at Fresno State. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly which made me comfortable in the office work setting. The atmosphere was very family oriented, educational, and supportive to anyone who needed help. During my first half of my time there, I worked with the Patient Access Manager with daily tasks relating to emailing patients, volunteers, and planning the Cancer Survivorship Conference. My main task was to spread awareness about the event to patients and to the public. Since my course ended at Fresno state for the semester, I continue working at the office assisting in any tasks given by the Patient Access and the Team In Training Campaign Manager.
We are in it for the mission
Assistant Director, Event & Meeting Services (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: pto, working with enthusiastic people
Cons: culture, work life balance, employee job satisfaction. morale
I have learned a variety of skills during my time at LLS. I have learned to navigate various kinds of software and valuable customer service skills. I have created connections with colleagues around the nation with people who are working toward creating a world without blood cancer.
It is a shame management is unconcerned with company morale, employee job satisfaction or a good work / life balance for its employees.
The organization represents a mission that I am very passionate about.
Campaign Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 3, 2014
The organization represents a mission that I am very passionate about.
typical day
Accounting Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 20, 2014
I come in and data enter all of our donations and gifts that we have received. I process the mail daily and make copies of those checks and create the deposits for them.
Productive and great work environment
Black Tie Ball (BTB) Mission Moment Intern (Former Employee), Shawnee, KSJune 3, 2014
Each day I worked on a powerpoint that would be shown at the annual Black Tie Ball event. We worked with several design and PR firms.
Good Mission
Manager (Current Employee), MidwestMay 8, 2014
Enjoyed having flexibility to creatively decide job goals and outcomes.
Great cause, awful place to work
Campaign Manager (Former Employee), HauppaugeApril 8, 2014
Pros: the cause, good benefits, decent salary
Cons: felt like working at a used car showroom. upper management is difficult to please
No one can argue with the cause. It is how LLS goes about raising funds and treating their staff that is the problem. LLS is not a family oriented, supportive place to work. The high turn over rate should speak for itself. Very long hours are EXPECTED and the norm. Nights and weekends and there is zero compensation, including any comp time. No quality of life
Great organization/very poor management
Director of Community & Corporate Development (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great cause
Cons: poor upper-level managment
I think this organization would thrive with better chapter management in the Northern & Central Florida Chapter.
Fun, caring people working to end blood cancers.
Account Manager for the School and Youth Team (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2014
The group of men and women running and working in this office are truly dedicated people. The employees at LLS were welcoming and always quick to answer any question I had, even though I was just a summer intern. As I gained my position through the internship, I was already acquainted with the layout of the office, but started to take on more responsibility with my paid position. Again, the staff and management were always approachable and willing to help me in anyway possible. I would like to thank LLS and their staff for setting such a great example of how to carry yourself in a professional atmosphere, and also showing me how to truly live out the mission of their organization. Their kindness and dedication is something I will never forget.
Productive and meaningful workplace
Campaign Assistant for Team in Training (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 24, 2014
Dedicated work towards a wonderful cause. The employees had high energy and were goal oriented. Anyone who chooses to work for this nonprofit organization will see that a lot of work and passion goes into every ounce of effort.
great environment for a non-profit organization
VICE PRESIDENT OF IT OPERATIONS & INFRASTRUCTURE (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: working toward the cure of cancer
Cons: non profit
never meet more passionate people who were effected by the cancer, and wanted to help others.

Truly inspirational, and very proud of distributing my business card with the company logo.
Rewarding and fun organization.
Volunteer running coach for Team in Training (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 10, 2014
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is a rewarding and challenging organization. My work experience included many areas including direct sales, fundraising, coordinating major and minor events, working with a variety of people in the community to increase awareness and support the cause to cure blood cancers.

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Salaries