Title: Graphic Design Manager – Apparel a.k.a Art Director
Department: Graphic Design
Reports to: Creative Director
Successfully lead, direct, and manage the creative development of the brand’s graphic and print direction. Manage a graphic team of designers; collaborate with the marketing, product, design, and license teams to communicate the brand messaging and art direction for each season.
You will be a good candidate for this job if:
- You are a genuinely optimistic person with a good sense of humor
- You are a strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design
capabilities with a solid background in apparel graphic design
- Comfortable working and managing outside vendors and relationships with BIC partners
- You can manage multiple priorities and projects and have the ability to effectively
communicate status on projects with all key stakeholders
- You have a keen sense of detail
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and direct a team of graphic designers, communicating themes and directives
for current and future seasons.
- Collaborate with and follow direction of Creative Director in the development of
seasonal theme direction for graphics, creation of original apparel graphics, appliqué
- Direct and manage the graphic development from creative concept, color, technique,
application, and printing as well as mechanical art phases.
- Research current print, graphic, and design trends in competitive retail market and
communicate trend research to internal teams.
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with internal teams.
- Coordinate the brand look and feel across business channels to ensure consistency;
serve as guardian of the brand standards. Maintain brand integrity throughout all
graphic designs and across cross-functional departments of design and marketing.
- Prioritize and manage workload of Sr. Graphic Designers.
- Drive the creative and aesthetic directions of BIC, Custom and Core product graphic
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Graphic Design or Fine Arts
- At least 10 years of graphic design experience
- Expert on Mac based platform in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Demonstrated leadership, organization and communication skills as evidenced by 5
years in a leadership role
- Excellent design, creativity and technical abilities
- Background in multi-channel retail and/or fashion industry a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The requirements listed below are representative of the requisite background required to adequately perform the functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting, verbal and written communications with customers and coworkers, key boarding, data entry and filing are continuously required activities of this position.