The Limited Employee Reviews

Quite and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 13, 2017
I come to work Energetic and ready to put a smile on my customer's face. Great customer problem solver. Best part of the job is making the customer feel good about themselves.
Fast-paced workplace with a diverse environment and room for advancement
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 13, 2017
I enjoyed the time that I worked at The Limited in Lafayette, LA. Very sad that the store closed. Management was great with training so there was room for sales associates to advance to managerial positions within the store.One manager was highly competitive and feared for her job so she refused to assist new employees the majority of the time which I found to be very unprofessional.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Not enough hours, overabundance of employees
Challenging place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 10, 2017
The Limited is a retail company. I held the position as a sales associate and then promoted to assistant manager. The duties performed were to put displays together and set up the store as required. Open and closed. Key holder. Made work schedules. Handle cash and made bank deposits. Inventory of merchandise.
Pros
The clothes
I was a manager
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILOctober 17, 2017
This was a job I remember little about since it was many years ago.
I was responsible for hiring, payroll and merchandise. I enjoyed selling and training the staff.
Pros
Discounts and self esteem
Cons
poor pay
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 12, 2017
Towards the end of The Limited's life span it was extremely mismanaged. The company refused to admit that it was going to declare bankruptcy, and then sprung it on us last minute.
It was a very production oriented workplace.
Distribution/Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43230October 7, 2017
It was a distribution center, with many different areas to work. You cross-trained in many areas. It was completely physical work and production was the bottom line.
Pros
Good money and made lifelong friends.
Cons
Very stressful and physically demanding
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 3, 2017
A typical day at work was approach browsing customers and initiate conversation with them to determine buying preferences. Assist customers with trying on items and finding their right size. Sign customers up for the limited card.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 28, 2017
great company to work for, great employees and management teamLeave me alone an dlet me finish my resume please I just want ot complete my resume without being harrase to complete a survey about an employee when i'm focusing on resume. thank you
productive, knowledgeable, fun, awesome co-wokers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 28, 2017
Interacting with customer to identify purchasing needs and to advise them.
Maintain and organize store display to enhance product visibility and expedite product location activities
Store replenish inventories, facilitate inventory and stock management
Provide quality customer service to optimize customer purchasing and payment process
Educated customer on available product option to meet and exceed customer service experience
Maintain displays and visuals
Investigate and help customer complaints or issues to strengthen store reputation and grow a good reputation with customers.
it was okay
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 21, 2017
typical boring day, management wasn't organized, the best thing about the job was help dressing the customers, worst part was learning the job by yourself
great place; far
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 20, 2017
it was a great, fun job, just far so it was either real busy, or real dead. it was a far job but it was still really cool to work at, that mall is so nice, just wish it was closer
Wouldn't Recommend
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 17, 2017
The Limited is a failing company that displays poor judgement when selecting management. They only care about getting credit cards and the product is cheap and hard to sell. Their marketing is ridiculous and the sales are never enough to drive business.
Great place to start out at
Sales Associate-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORSeptember 14, 2017
This was my third job. My position was only seasonal. The environment was very fast paced, especially during busy holidays. Management was great, very kind.
Great!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 6, 2017
So sad that the company is no longer around but it was a great experience to be a part of the company. I have also made really great friends from this experience.
fun envirnment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 31, 2017
I was store manager. It was a fun place staff were great. Sometimes we were busy others days really slow. When slow I would unpack boxes to put new trends out on the floor.
Pros
it was a relaxed place to work in
Cons
the fitting room was always a mess
1st Retail Job in California
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 29, 2017
I was utterly disappointed after working there for 3 months, the Manager did not honor her promise to give me the allotted pay when i sign in as Retail Assistant.
I gave her in my resignation letter.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Dishonest Management
Loved working here!
Stylist and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TXAugust 24, 2017
Worked here for about a yr until the company closed down. Hours were always an issue not just with sales associates, but with management. Constantly had to be cutting down or adding more was never a set balance. Coworkers/Management were pretty great overall was one of my favorite jobs!
Pros
work life balance, fun place
Cons
rude customers, hours, floorsets
Exciting, fast paced, great benefits and contests
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  many locations in IL & TXAugust 23, 2017
As store manager hired trained and reviewed all personnel. Merchandised floor with stock arrivals, resets weekly as per store guidelines. Daily markdowns and resets, signage .Controlled inventory paperwork and cash management.

At this time company was leader and innovator in the industry and considered the prestige place to work. Limited trained associates were in great demand. Very high standards individual accountability. They had great, fun, well paying contests monthly and were known for their highly rewarding contest prizes and trips.. his was a very desired place to work. I learned how to do everything the right way in retail and am very thankful to this company. This was a very competitive workplace.
Pros
Highly compensated salary, benefits, contests. Great clothing &discount
Cons
unable to have a personal life. Never knew a married managermany locations throought IL and TX
Company no long exist
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 23, 2017
The store is out of business.

The store no longer exist.

The store closed in the Willowbrook mall and other locations.

There is no need to write a review.
Pros
Out of business
Cons
Out of business
Closed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2017
Working there was okay not my favorite job, everything was always on sale and customers where always so needy. Management was not the best they had favorites. No good pay
Pros
hours
Cons
short brake

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Limited. Our community is ready to answer.