The Limited Employee Reviews

Managing the store and providing excellent service to all customers
Sales Manager/Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 21, 2017
Working at the Limited provided me with the managerial skills I have today and allowed me to improve in those. Customers I began helping were to become my regulars who would come in just to see me and seek my help. I taught other co-workers how to better their selling techniques or in assisting with their issues with customers to resolve situations.
Co-Manager/Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Company was great to work for and benefits were amazing. The Limited provided training and development that I will use in my daily routine.
Great company to work for...
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJanuary 19, 2017
I loved my clients. I loved the classic, effortless style of The Limited. This was one of the best places to shop for ladies professional clothing. Very unfortunate about the closure.
Productive and fun work expierence
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Peninsula Town Center, Hampton VAJanuary 19, 2017
Working at The Limited has not only taught me about myself but also how I can improve my customer service skills. Being in management opened my eyes to responsibilities I didn't know I could accomplish. With the help of my supervisors they helped me along the way to successfully handle my tasks. I'm thankful my store manager gave me this opportunity to become a Sales Lead. Now I can gracefully take what I've learned and use it in my daily life.
Excellent place to move up the scale
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78216January 13, 2017
The Limited is a great place to learn the basics of retail. The Limited managers were always very helpful and willing to teach.
Productive and welcoming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 12, 2017
A day at work wold consist of assisting customers with clothing and fashion. I learned how to deal with all types of customers and find solutions. My management team was great along with my coworkers.
Productive and fun work place
Retail Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2017
Diverse cultures with smiling faces. Pleasant environment under minimal stress . First time being a part of a rush that involved driven marketing sales .
Sales Associate/Management Team
Client Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 11, 2017
The Limited provided professional wear for the working woman and our store updated the sales floor every two-three weeks with new collections. The staff was extremely dependable, friendly, and fun to work with everyday.
Sadly, the company closed nationwide recently.
Great Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Unfortunately the store closed but the company is really great to work for and they care a lot for their employees. the management team was outstanding.
Misleading and overworked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  侯马市January 9, 2017
When I started working at The Limited, I was beginning my senior year in high school. I was promised 10-12 hours a week, which was perfect for my schedule since I was also in extracurricular activities. However, about a month or two in, I was being scheduled way more than 10-12 hours a week. My studies were taking a hit because of this, and when I spoke to the manager, my hours were cut horrifically. My work life was being forced to be more important than getting my education, which was very discouraging.
great company
Sales Associate, Key holder, Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2017
I have worked at this company for two years and within a year I was trained and developed to be a sales manager. great job and team. so sad they have closed.
Pros
long breaks, benefits, flexible with hours and scheduling
Cons
no healthcare, unless full time.
Productive and exciting work environment
Temp key holder (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 7, 2017
My co workers are excellent, the pay was good and the customers were great. Management was fair and didn't show favoritism. The location was very perfect, safe and clean
Great place to work in.
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Loved working for The Limited. Great life and work balance. Had a lot of fun getting to know our client on a first name basis and helping them look and feel fabulous.
enjoyed working here
Floor sets/Freight associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 5, 2017
This was an amazing job, on a regular day, I started my shift by doing freight, unpacking boxes and tagging the units. Then hanging or folding the units. By my mid shift I was usually done with 2 or 3 boxes and would go work out on the floor, greeting clients and helping them find product and help them in the dressing room area. One of the hardest parts of the job was having clients yell at me, but I bit my tongue. The most enjoyable part of work was seeing my co workers, we were just one big family! My manager was amazing with my schedule and allowed me to be totally flexible in my hours!
Pros
amazing management, discount at store
Cons
no benefits unless working 40 hours a week and The Limited will no longer exist in a couple days.
Productive and a great work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 5, 2017
The Limited is a great brand. Sadly they are closing all stores in January of 2017. As a store we did not get much notice to the closing which is a huge negative towards the brand. But the store at Stonebriar has had a great team and we have always maintained a very healthy work environment.
Excellent Brand to work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 3, 2017
The Limited is a great company to work for, very nice work life balance and opportunity to move up. Management style was structured but you were empowered to "own" your business. Sad to see the company going out of business.
Enjoyable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 2, 2017
This job was by far the most fun job I've had. My co-workers were great, and the relationships I made with customers are unforgettable. I enjoyed meeting new people, with different styles daily.
fun and productive
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 1, 2017
An amazing place to work with lots of room for growth. The work life balance was great! There were always new clients to meet and help and always something to make better. I was very sad to see the company fold.
Love the atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 31, 2016
I enjoyed working at the Limited because you build relationships with the customers. I love fashion and the clothes that we sale or of good quality and fit. Typically it is very busy during the holidays so you have a better chance of making good sales. The only issue is the pay if you are just a sales associate. Even key holders do not make much income.
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Low pay
fast pace workplace
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 29, 2016
I really did like working there. I didn't make many hours working there but it was a good run for me due to it was my first job i had in many years. It was all fast pace working place which i really like doing because it keeps me on my toes.
Pros
the people i worked with were amazing
Cons
the hours weren't enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Limited. Our community is ready to answer.