The Lincoln Electric Company Employee Reviews in United States

Low morale on all levels with Sub par management and communication
Cad Detailer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 23, 2016
pros: yearly bonus, vacation time

Cons: lied to about your yearly bonus
Under paid at least 30% of average
Poor leadership and management
Family and friend oriented advancement, your either part of the group or your not.
Paid BI WEEKLY
EXPENSIVE HEALTHCARE
NO REAL FEEDBACK ON PERFORMANCE

POOR PROFESSIONALISM
Hard working employees, strange advancement and bonus system
Machine Repair Millwright (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OhioSeptember 16, 2015
This could be a good company to work for depending on what department you work in, every department is managed differently. Some employees make good money for there fields while others are grossly under paid. The bonus system "incentive management" is archaic and leads to a cutthroat environment in some areas, and can lead to back stabbing and a lack of accountability when mistakes are made.
Pros
Good bonus years can lead to a very good annual salary, some areas have a very friendly team work environment, also there is a lot of knowledge and resources at your finger tips working at lincoln.
Cons
No sick time, no holidays, employee pays entire cost of health care$$$, no timely pay increases, will fire anyone at anytime without notice during slow downs ("NO LAYOFFS"), bonus varies year to year, will cut any incentives they can to keep profits high, cost reductions will always come from the bottom up, company focuses on the short term not long term
Archaic Culture - Not Collaborative & Poor Employee Placement
Office Employee - Corporate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJanuary 4, 2015
The company has a bonus system in place, which is a big part of your earnings. At the end of the year, your boss initially gives you your bonus points & then it's up to his boss to fight for your points with upper management. By the time you get paid, you could get a completely different number of points, which could affect your pay by thousands of dollars.

This bonus system creates a very competitive environment, where there's no accountability b/c people don't want to lose points. Also, (from what I understand) it's competitive b/c each department gets so many points to distribute with each team member. There is little collaboration & everyone seems to be out for themselves.

Additionally, the technology is not up-to-date. They don't have many systems in place to help you get your job done effectively. When I was there, they were VERY behind in this area.

Because they don't layoff employees who've been there for 3 years & up, they move people around in positions they are not qualified for. This is very frustrating b/c often times you're working with someone that has little knowledge of best practices in the area they work in. For the majority of my time at Lincoln, I felt like I was badly managed & under valued.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
archaic culture, bad management, competitive environment

Comment – January 6, 2015

Note that this bonus system is extremely frustrating because it's not based primarily on facts and performance. It's definitely the weirdest review system I've ever seen.

Tremendous respect for employees and compensation compatible for working hard.
Fine Wire Reeler Operator (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 23, 2012
A hard days work that paid off. Learned how to manage and train employees with respect. Management valued the suggestions of the employee and pushed towards advancement in quality and production. Co-workers were overall willing to work together despite some differences in personalities which is normal in any workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the competative environment as if it were a sport.
Pros
great end of year bonus for working hard, and valued suggestions of employees.
Cons
difficult rotating schedule.
Possibly the worst job I've had since I began working 34 years ago.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  EuclidMay 3, 2013
I am a military vet and have worked for some large and small companies (such as General Electric etc.) in my life. A layoff, due to the bad economy, required me to take a job at Lincoln to keep the lights on. They run this assembly line add every 3-4 months due to the high attrition rate. You'll start as a temp for what can be up to 4-6 months even though they say 3 months. IF you are deemed worth of hire,which I was, you can be assigned to assembly lines making the hourly equivalent of $14/hr or others that make a little better money. It's piece work so they tell you you can make as much as you want but in reality the jobs are priced so low anymore that you'll kill yourself trying to make decent money. Schedules are made weekly and 12 rotating shifts are not uncommon. All your medical for the year comes out of your bonus..something they don't highly advertise and they have lousy insurance compared to many other places I have worked. I now work for a company that views employees as assets not slaves.
Pros
weekly paycheck ...but not always the same amount.
Cons
low pay, long hours, costly health care, low employee morale.
best company I have ever worked for
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 4, 2013
I regret leaving this world-class, best in class, top notch organization. Corporate office personnel are phenomenal. Corporate culture is the best-they say what they mean, mean what they say and do what they say they are going to do.
Good place for interns
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2012
I worked as an engineering intern. I was kept pretty busy with interesting projects and assignments. Pay as an intern was pretty good as well.
Great company
Research and Development/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioDecember 30, 2011
Lincoln Electric is a great company to work for. This company listens to its customers, and provides high quality welders and consumables.