The Lincoln Electric Company Employee Reviews

best company I have ever worked for
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 4, 2013
I regret leaving this world-class, best in class, top notch organization. Corporate office personnel are phenomenal. Corporate culture is the best-they say what they mean, mean what they say and do what they say they are going to do.
Possibly the worst job I've had since I began working 34 years ago.
Assembler (Former Employee), EuclidMay 3, 2013
Pros: weekly paycheck ...but not always the same amount.
Cons: low pay, long hours, costly health care, low employee morale.
I am a military vet and have worked for some large and small companies (such as General Electric etc.) in my life. A layoff, due to the bad economy, required me to take a job at Lincoln to keep the lights on. They run this assembly line add every 3-4 months due to the high attrition rate. You'll start as a temp for what can be up to 4-6 months even though they say 3 months. IF you are deemed worth of hire,which I was, you can be assigned to assembly lines making the hourly equivalent of $14/hr or others that make a little better money. It's piece work so they tell you you can make as much as you want but in reality the jobs are priced so low anymore that you'll kill yourself trying to make decent money. Schedules are made weekly and 12 rotating shifts are not uncommon. All your medical for the year comes out of your bonus..something they don't highly advertise and they have lousy insurance compared to many other places I have worked. I now work for a company that views employees as assets not slaves.
Great Company
Production worker (Former Employee), Euclid, OHFebruary 11, 2013
You can make a good living if you're a hard worker. Working in production gives you the opportunity to learn and use many skills associated with the manufacturing process.
Good place for interns
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2012
I worked as an engineering intern. I was kept pretty busy with interesting projects and assignments. Pay as an intern was pretty good as well.
Tremendous respect for employees and compensation compatible for working hard.
Fine Wire Reeler Operator (Former Employee), Mentor, OHApril 23, 2012
Pros: great end of year bonus for working hard, and valued suggestions of employees.
Cons: difficult rotating schedule.
A hard days work that paid off. Learned how to manage and train employees with respect. Management valued the suggestions of the employee and pushed towards advancement in quality and production. Co-workers were overall willing to work together despite some differences in personalities which is normal in any workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the competative environment as if it were a sport.
Great company
Research and Development/Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioDecember 30, 2011
Lincoln Electric is a great company to work for. This company listens to its customers, and provides high quality welders and consumables.