The Lincoln Group of Schools Employee Reviews

A beautiful learning experience
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJSeptember 10, 2017
A technical school located in South Jersey.They offer training programs for the medical field, Automotive, as well as certification programs that do not exceed 24 months
okay
HVAC Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJAugust 31, 2017
it was okay to work here. no complains. Did a lot of work.wanted to get paid more. But not really getting paid more. Teaching was okay. But not really
Pros
okay
Cons
not really
The company does not accept different cultures as to why they don't enroll.
Outside Field Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2017
It is not a bad job if you don't want to see your family. Balancing work and personal life is challenging. All about hitting your numbers. You are at the expense of 18 year olds that do not know what they want to accomplish yet in life. You must be able to talk them into going out of state and get their parents to agree.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
They want you to figure it out
Good place to learn
Education Coordinator and Registrar (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJAugust 26, 2017
Due to the high number of responsibilities, it was a good place to learn multiple skills. The jobs there are way underpaid and it is a stressful environment because of some employees' illiteracy.
Pros
Occasional free leftovers
Cons
Underpaid, lack of professionalism.
very enjoyable work experience
LPN Instructor, Maternity (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 25, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Lincoln Tech and felt very comfortable with other staff as well as supervisors. Help was always available. The staff really care about teaching their students.
The right concept, poor processes
High School Field Admissions (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2017
The school is trying to be something they are not. Expectations is for you to work 7 days per week. Extreme micro managing with impossible duties for the Field Admissions. No respect for the hours driven in a territory and unrealistic expectations of performance. It's all about the starts!!
laidback
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 9, 2017
My director was awesome and always motivated me to do better so I can get ahead. He was very laid back but always expected the most from and individual.
Very Good Learning experience, good food and good co-workers
Business Office Clerk/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 18, 2017
-you will learn about different programs they have, you will see all the few students that are left are facing the closing of the school which it has been a very negative experience for the students remaining.
Pros
good professional develpment
Cons
why would they closed?
Stable environment
Agency Representative (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJuly 17, 2017
Stable working environment. But also has room for growth, as any company has. Can be stressful if you let things get to you. But you have to be on the A game.
Great for Students!
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 10, 2017
I took on this job to help me financially finish up with school. My previous job made it difficult to focus on the final stretch of school. I was blessed with the opportunity to do the work study program at LTI.
Watch your back
Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 8, 2017
Upper management, arrogance, bully, your opinion doesn't count, and unfortunately good people gone. It's too bad because great programs and instructors.
Pros
Wait I'm thinking
Cons
Ha where do I begin
My Schools extra curricular activity
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2017
I participated in with my trade school being productive with my time. During school events such as career fairs and ceremonies we as Student Ambassadors would be responsible for operating everything. Basically making and maintaining all necessary requirements so all events would go smoothly and to expectation. Also working with ecologist creating structures to defend and help the environment.
Pros
I was always doing something being productive with my time.
Cons
Not my favorite thing to do in 90 degree weather.
rewarding career
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 6, 2017
My employment at Lincoln was very rewarding in my time there. The program manager was extremely fair and this was a good company to work for. I enjoyed my time there.
good salary poor management
Director of Dinning Services (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, CTJune 1, 2017
This was a great Job and our department ( Dinning Services ) was great but poor Corporate Management was bringing the school down. I worked there for 12 years as Director of Dinning
Pros
Good salary & Benefits
Cons
Por Corporate Management
Productive and fun work place.
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fern Park, FLMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company and allowed to grow. Learn a lot from everyone in the company. Love helping the students and visiting internships/clinical sites. Overall experience with working with Lincoln was excellent.
Pros
Helping the everyone
Nashville Career Services
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 19, 2017
This position pays $32,000/yr (in Nashville, TN) with no chance of salary increases no matter how long you've worked there. The department has constant turnover and yet nothing is done to improve working conditions. The role itself is pretty easy, essentially you just call recent graduates once a week to ask if they've found a job yet. Obviously, most of the graduates just block or screen the calls so you spend most of your time dialing numbers rather than talking. It's really more of call center position than an actual advisor of any kind. Working with the students was hands down the best part of the job, but you're encouraged to spend no more than 4-5 minutes with each student so it's really not the focus of the position. The overall environment of the department is unprofessional and disorganized.
Pros
Nice coworkers, working with the students, and passionate instructors
Cons
Terrible management, cockroach problems/dirty office environment, and low wages
LTI Columbia
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 11, 2017
This place started out great but over time the management kept hounding people over stupid stuff and not aiding staff on the basic needs. Anything that would go wrong they blame instructors for at any department. The hours of nonsense meetings and 99,000 emails that go out on a daily basis has everyone in a tailspin or not knowing what to do. The departments coordinators are very disorganized and are very poor at planing events. This company wants everything for free and refuses to pay anything on time unless the law says they have too.

The campus presidents they have cycled through in the past years are both complete clowns. I know for a fact that they know nothing about teaching or knowing the first thing about the operations in the real world.

Outdated equipment and floundering supervision combined with decreased enrollment numbers year after year. Add it up. Its a bad place to work and this place will take away from your work/life balance.

There is a reason they are short staffed its because the company is a total nightmare to work for. When i have to return to the feild because this job pays less and increases my stress level to cause medical issues that ahould speak volumes.

Want to save yourself wasted trips to the doctor? Do yourself a favor and decline ANY type of job from this location or the entire LTI group. They are a bunch of minor league player hypocrites.
Pros
Students
Cons
Administration is very weak and indecisive
good quality of education for technical career
On-call Pharmacy Instructor (adjunct) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIApril 24, 2017
I had the opportunity to teach single moms who were seeking higher education with better quality of life. It was a friendly school for instructor and students.
Pros
good attention for Instructors
Cons
far away from my home. Late shifts
Students were the best
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandApril 20, 2017
Loved working with the students. Management was very poor. No one was held accountable. Worked by sales calls and sales calls were routed directly to favorited admissions reps instead of assigned fairly. A lot of inappropriate staff relations and politics . Too much drama and insecurity.
Pros
students, could work independently
Cons
pay, having to go out to different locations
Good academic environment
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2017
I was sub-contracted to lecture on Emergency Preparedness in the Healthcare Environment. This lecture was a requirement for the graduating Nursing class to give them a different perspective of what will be required of them with regards to their overall patient responsibilities in the working environment.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Lincoln Group of Schools. Our community is ready to answer.