The Linde Group

The Linde Group Employer Reviews

Great people; runs too lean so work is way over capacity; stress is high and pervasive
HR Business Partner (Current Employee), Murray Hill NJFebruary 4, 2015
Glad work there given the very smart professional and collaborative people.

Wish the leadership would take the high work levels and over capacity seriously as an issue that impacts safety, moral, engagement, retention.
No life, too many hrs for me.
Driver (Former Employee), Selkirk, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: aweful hours, nights and weekends. 60 hr wk.
Decent management. equipment not so good and running on a shoestring. no overtime. 60 hours/wk. nights/weekends/holidays working. a lot of paperwork and onboard computer system a complicated mess. do a lot of work for "free" with their pay system but the pay is still very good.
Great company and people
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee), Murray Hill, NJJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great people and a great company
Cons: lack of communication between employees and managers.
The work days were very busy and kept you on your toes. In the many years I worked there I learned a lot. They give you great learning tools, offer lots of training in many areas, have mentoring programs and have tuition reimbursement programs as well. The people you work with are professional and very vested in the well being of the company. I have made many friends that will last a life time. One of the toughest things to absord was the lack of communication between management and employees. This is an area that can use improvement. The most enjoyable part was the great people, the team building activities and the importance of safety that the company displays.
A job to be weary of
Pipe Welder/Fitter (Former Employee), Catoosa, OKJanuary 5, 2015
The compensation is good but that's about it, the main problem here is undoubtedly sick management, now i`m speaking for one individual here, a man (whom i cant mention) admires is position more than his employees or the job at hand. This man is most likely the reason why Linde has a bad reputation and why they cant seam to get any pipe welders. To give you an idea of this individual, a fellow co-worker was requesting the shop hand to arrange some pipe on a pinwheel a little higher, at that point the boss walked up to his face and began profusely yelling at him saying "don't tell my guys what to do", the co-worker stunned said ok ill finish this pipe and than do it my self, the boss then added "if you put your hood down ill have you walked out of heir" the co-worker complied and said notably "The only reason i let you talk to me like this is because iv got a wife and kids." the boss began LAUGHING at him and made a spectacle of the man.This unprofessional boss and his character have stained Lindes reputation and robs it of potential professional employees. In my opinion i would only work there if this man (if you wish to call him such) was replaced.
Cool place to work. trust no one
Medical Route Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: in early out early
Cons: the worst part of the day is going back to the shop and hear about lot #'s
Good place to work. Managers are the worst. Claim that they care at first but once your Hired Its all down hill. Managers and employees will stab you in the back and throw you under the bus...my advice just mind your business. They also think Trackcess is training..lol..management is not specific be careful
Worst job ever
It doesn't matter (Current Employee), NyAugust 24, 2014
Cons: everything
I have never been treated this bad in my entire life. They don't care about anyone at all. They preach family time but when you need to help your family it's too bad. From day one they are looking to get rid of everybody. There is no career here
A place that enforces safety
Medical Route Driver (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 11, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Safety is the culture of this company.
Safety
Management pushes safety
Coworkers are all about safety
The hardest part about this job is leaving when the day is done
Coming to work is the most enjoyable part of the day
moody people very unproductive
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: good business growing
Cons: takes advantage without compensation of employees
very stressful moods dictate departments tone from day to day
11 and ahalf hours of production
driver (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 8, 2014
on a typical day of work I would come in at 0530 be one of the first ones on site start by working in the warehouse for a few hours than I would deliver to either companies or customers that needed it come back off load and reload my truck for the next day than I would continue to work in the warehouse until 1700
Productive and energetic place to work
Operation Tech II (Current Employee), Brandon, MSAugust 1, 2014
This company is very productive, safety oriented, better than average in compensation, and has a decent health benefit package. The management team for the most part are easy to talk to and willing to do what it takes to improve quality, safety, and morale.
Horrible management. Horrible work load...
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee), Phoenix axJuly 23, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: chemical exposure, horrific management, long hours and lots of call ins, safety is an issue on site, bad boys club management style where friends get promoted over more qualified workers, outdated equipment and infrastructure, unreasonable workload
Management in phx production plant is really bad and it will effect your morale before long. Outdated and poorly maintained infrastructure makes day to day maintenance a headache. You will not be able to keep up with the ever increasing list of other people's work you will be expected to do if you are a good worker, and the all hours call ins and emergency overtime putting band aids on equipment is overwhelming. They preach safety and don't follow through with anything that isn't going to be visible to osha or corporate office leaving the people working with the chemicals in danger of exposure even after they bring it to their managers attention. Not a professional or safe environment, do yourself a favor and take any other job...you will be exposed to really bad chemicals working for this company in phx...
good money-treated like shi*
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
8yrs and it only got worse. bust your butt making them money to be disrespected. PHX location. go a head apply . good luck.
Good Job
Step-up Team Leader (Current Employee), Pasadena TexasMay 30, 2014
Very good place to work at.
Everyone is nice to work with,
It can be a very Challenging Job to work at.
You will learn alot in how to operate a Unit.
I DID!!!!!!!!!
Productive work environment with very good people to work with.
Windows Migration Specialist (Former Employee), Murray Hill, NJApril 14, 2014
Pros: supervision was very relaxed as long as your work was on schedule.
The work environment was very good. Everyone was willing to assist wherever they could. Great place to work.
stable place to work
VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee), Murray Hill, NJMarch 25, 2014
Pros: exposure to multiple industres
Cons: too centralized
Fun that their products and services impacted a broad range of industries. To Munich centric for a global company
Very Productive place
Senior SAP SD OTC lead consultant (Former Employee), Murray Hill, NJMarch 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health care, short breaks
Client – LINDE GROUP,USA(World Leader in Gas/Hospital Supplies/Packaged Cylinders etc
A very solid company with strong ethics and an enjoyable place to work.
MANAGER, ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS (Former Employee), Murray Hill, NJFebruary 27, 2014
The individuals in the company are focused on getting the job done and enjoyable to work with.
Productive and set own work schedule
ECOVAR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Lima, OHFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: ability to advance and the income is good
Cons: schedule around the clock work
I have learned alot at this company. typical day starts out by visiting every plant that I operate and performing prevenative maintenace.
Filler
Filler (Current Employee), NySeptember 13, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This is one of the worst places to work Management is horrible managers knowing nothing district managers don't care and hr is a joke they tell u hold ur manager Accountable and when u do ur the bad guy I don't recommend this place
Interesting job.
Engineering Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 27, 2013
Pros: steady hours.
Cons: assignment ended
I learned new programs quickly. I was given proofreading projects from different departments because I could find important details others had missed. A challenging assignment that I really enjoyed.

The Linde Group Photos