The Little Clinic

The Little Clinic United States Employee Reviews

Good experience
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Columbus OhioApril 3, 2015
Pros: Good place to start
Cons: Management does not support you, horrible
Not a good fit if management doesn't like you.
Long days, don't take a break or you will hear about it.
Customer driven. Give people what they want or else.
Don't respect your schooling or education.
It was a very boring job.
Distribution Tech (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 24, 2015
Some of my fellow workers were great. The management needed work. They would allow some employees to slack while the others did the work,
Beware - Empty promises
FNP (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: unprofessional regional director, no support, very limited scope of practice, long shifts, only 30-35 hours offered, required weekends and call shifts, short orientation
I recently resigned from my position as a provider at the Little Clinic, and I couldn't be happier. The company offers pretty decent benefits and discounts, but the work/life balance and the management is awful in the Memphis region. I wouldn't have given a 1 star rating, but there wasn't an option to give a 0 star rating. I read the previous reviews of the Memphis region, and they are very true. There is no support and there are no resources for new providers. The clinic providers are mostly new grads, and the regional director throws them out after a very short orientation to run their own clinic. I had a real problem with this because I was still learning to be a FNP, and the regional director was more worried about how quick I was seeing patients. The turnover rate in the past month has been really high, but no one cares. The regional director is very unprofessional and talks down to everyone. She talks about providers in front of other providers. She never smiles unless she is making fun of someone. She doesn't care about anyone unless your are making a profit because it makes her bonus bigger. Think long and hard before you apply!
ok to work as new grad.
Family Nurse Practioner (Current Employee), Avondale, AZMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work would be same as urgent care type work environment, only different we do not do any x-ray. I have learned to manage a clinic with full responsible.
Think long and hard
Nurse practitioner (Former Employee), Memphis, TennesseeMarch 16, 2015
Pros: decent salary
Cons: 12 hour shifts
The Little Clinic makes it difficult to have a good work/life balance with 12 hour shifts and working every other weekend. The turnover for NPs in the Memphis region is ridiculous and for a company not to investigate such a high turnover rate shows me that the company is not interested in establishing a long term relationship with the NP. Middle management staff worked well with the NPs but the regional manager is very distant and unapproachable.
Horrible experience
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Memphis, TennesseeMarch 11, 2015
Pros: decent salary
Cons: hours, regional unprofessional
I am a former employee and the Memphis, TN district is by far the worst.The Regional talks to you in a unprofessional manner .It's just like high school, meaning, you have people in a authority that plays childish games.Also , the turnover rate is ridiculous and corporate has yet to investigate. My suggestion to you is don't apply .Don't take yourself through the stress and headache.Always remember, a company that continues to hire for the same positions consistently, there is a problem from within. You have been warned.
Fast pace and productive
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNFebruary 11, 2015
Loved working with the customers and Nurse Pracitioners . Learned something new everyday and the job itself keep me aware of how far I can go in life.
I love TLC!
LPN (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 27, 2015
I love my staff there. They were all very friendly, helpful and professional. I still go there for all my healthcare needs. Quick and efficient. I really enjoyed working there and meeting new people everyday.
Productive place to work!
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Cordova, TNJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: clinic is located inside of kroger, 10% of kroger items, every other weekend off, off days
Cons: work weekends, 12 hour shifts, no overtime, only 30-35 hours available
SUPER EASY JOB! :)
Learn medical terminology/health scenarios
Kind, compassionate co-workers
Diverse patient base
Most enjoyable part of the job:
Interacting with patient's and meeting their needs/expectations
Good company to work for
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), etown kyDecember 27, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: management is not often reachable
good pay
great benefits
PTO buy back program
benefits start at day one
mileage pay
policies and procedures followed to a degree
Typical day is steady~ peak times are flu and physicals seasons
Good Role to Start
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 26, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, great benefits
Cons: demanding schedule, retail environment, frequent turnover
This is a good job to start at right out of NP school. Typically work 12 hour shifts (shorter weekends), manage one MA, see 20-40+ patients per day depending on the time of year.
Long days at work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Bartlett, TNJuly 30, 2014
My days especially at my location is always busy, which is a good thing; because I love to stay busy instead of fumbling my thumbs all day.
I have learned more than I knew before going into the field. Medication inventory, different medications, supplies, etc.

The management team are great. They are there for us for any needs necessary.

I really do not get to work with many co-workers other then the NPs. The ones I have worked with are great and I have learned every ones routine and how they work.

Seeing little children coming to the clinic sick, because I know that they are in some kind of pain.

Calling the patients for a courtesy call and hearing that they feel better and appreciate the calls.
Productive Work Place with a fun atmosphere
INSURANCE CLAIM SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 14, 2014
Pros: advancements
Cons: heavy workload
The Little Clinic has a great team of employees with advancement opportunities. Everyone even though busy, was very friendly.
Great place to work for, great benefits, friendly, good communication between staff
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 19, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Loved it.Sometimes it was difficult because only two people were working there (a PCT and an NP) but usually it was great.
corprate was great My DVP was great My immediate supervisor was horrible in my opinions because she had no medical background at all
PCA (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 13, 2014
Pros: l worked alot of overtime.
Cons: working with s supervisor that did not have a clue.
The Company as a whole I enjoyed everyone worked together we had an open door policy . Even though it was only 2 people working at s time we were able to work with others if we had any issues by way of phone
Fun place to work and loved meeting new interesting people on a daily basis.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Florence, KYJune 11, 2014
Pros: very fast paced, good pay scale
Cons: short breaks and very long days
Go in during the morning get the computer system set up for the day, call back any messages that are on the voice mail. my Nurse practitioner that I worked with daily is awesome we have become friends. I think the hardest part of my job was learning the EMR system.The best part about my job is just meeting and taking care of all the different people out here in this world.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 23, 2014
25-30 pt. per day; busy atmosphere; Lots of new patients and returning patients on a daily basis
knowledge
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2014
Pros: moving up in the company
Cons: sometimes the short of help
Working in the operating room assisting in many skills at a very fast pace .
Wonderful company to work for while gaining medical field experience
CNA (Current Employee), Frankfort, KYMarch 31, 2014
This is an excellent company to work for. Acute healthcare at an affordable price in under 30 minutes or less. I register patients, gather basic information about the reason for their visit, obtain insurance information, and take them into a room to get all of their vital signs. I chart on the patient for the APRN. In between patients, I offer free blood pressure screenings to anyone interested. I love getting to know the patients .
Excellent Pay and Benefits, low level support
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), ColoradoFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: hours are usually plentiful. good benefits.
Cons: little clinical support, minimal communication, hard to get time off, long hours.
Be prepared to be a superprovider. You will perform provider and clerical duties. Some days you may get lucky and have some support staff and other days you wont. You will usually not have knowledge of that status accurately before your shift. Scheduling has been such that you usually have no idea who is working with you or when. On the positive side if it's not an overly busy day it is manageable. If it is a 20 plus day with no support - you will be challenged for sure. Main leadership is supportive as much as they can be it seems.