The Little Clinic Employee Reviews

great benefits
LPN (Current Employee), Cincinnati ohioJuly 4, 2015
Pros: the people and benefits
I like my job at TLC. To be honest it is a break from pushing that cart in a LTC facility. Was told the wrong pay but I stayed anyways because the people you work with are great and the benefits make up for it. I plan on staying at TLC till I get my RN and plan on coming back when I have my NP.
cma
CMA/CNA (Current Employee), Bardstown, KYJune 24, 2015
Pros: 5 MINS FROM MY HOUSE
Cons: 12 HOUR SHIFTS
I LOVE IT HERE. I CHECK IN PT'S AND TAKE VITALS SIGNS,OR ANY OTHER TESTING THAT APRN MIGHT NEED FOR ME TO DO. THERE IS USUALLY ONLY TWO OF US AT A TIME INT HE CLINIC,i LOVE WORKING HELPING SICK PEOPLE AND TO MAKE THEM FEEL BETTER
management is terrible
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Cincinnati RegionJune 17, 2015
The balance between life and work is terrible. The managers in the Cincinnati Region expect your life to be about nothing but The Little Clinic. During the winter snowstorms, when roads were barely accessible, you were demanded to come in. One manager stated it was because The Little Clinic is like a hospital. In all truth, they are far from that.
All that is cared about is getting money and numbers for the clinics. If a patient has an insurance that is not accepted at the clinic, the manager expect you to badger that person into being seen and paying $85 and/or up to be seen at the clinic. Oh, and if someone comes to the clinic and it is obvious the need to go to the ER or have an ambulance called, it is expected that you call a manager first before calling 911; because you know, there could be a chance that they could be seen at the clinic.
management is not professional
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 26, 2015
the company shows favorites, the manager has an employee that lives, with her, and she lets her do whatever she wants to do in the establishment
Productive day
Data Entry/Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 21, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: manager
It's a good company to work for depends on what department your in and what management your under. Co workers are fun.
The training could be better when learning different things within company.
fun work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Versailles, KYMay 8, 2015
Not too much room for advancement, but overall a good place to work. Management could use a refresher course.... Very nice people to work for.
This place is a joke
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Lakeland, TNApril 28, 2015
Pros: Kroger benefits
Cons: Management
Like I stated before, this place is a joke. There is no room to move up, and even if there was you would get no recognition for all the hard work you do. The regional manager gets praise and recognition for having such good numbers, yet it's not her doing the work it's all her emplyees that slave day after day. People who come to work and do their job get picked on for things that aren't relevant and others who sit on their butts all day slide right on by. Management is one word; EVIL. There are so many games played with management. If it's not the harassment, it's the almost threatening comments made. Don't plan on having a life outside of work due to the 12 hour shifts and every other weekend. Seriously, don't waste your time applying here. It will bring you nothing but stress that you do not need or want.
Great co-workers but not much room for growth
Marketing (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 18, 2015
Great work environment but not much room for growing with the company. Doesn't invest in employees they currently have very much.
Good experience
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Columbus OhioApril 3, 2015
Pros: Good place to start
Cons: Management does not support you, horrible
Not a good fit if management doesn't like you.
Long days, don't take a break or you will hear about it.
Customer driven. Give people what they want or else.
Don't respect your schooling or education.
It was a very boring job.
Distribution Tech (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 24, 2015
Some of my fellow workers were great. The management needed work. They would allow some employees to slack while the others did the work,
Beware - Empty promises
FNP (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: unprofessional regional director, no support, very limited scope of practice, long shifts, only 30-35 hours offered, required weekends and call shifts, short orientation
I recently resigned from my position as a provider at the Little Clinic, and I couldn't be happier. The company offers pretty decent benefits and discounts, but the work/life balance and the management is awful in the Memphis region. I wouldn't have given a 1 star rating, but there wasn't an option to give a 0 star rating. I read the previous reviews of the Memphis region, and they are very true. There is no support and there are no resources for new providers. The clinic providers are mostly new grads, and the regional director throws them out after a very short orientation to run their own clinic. I had a real problem with this because I was still learning to be a FNP, and the regional director was more worried about how quick I was seeing patients. The turnover rate in the past month has been really high, but no one cares. The regional director is very unprofessional and talks down to everyone. She talks about providers in front of other providers. She never smiles unless she is making fun of someone. She doesn't care about anyone unless your are making a profit because it makes her bonus bigger. Think long and hard before you apply!
ok to work as new grad.
Family Nurse Practioner (Current Employee), Avondale, AZMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work would be same as urgent care type work environment, only different we do not do any x-ray. I have learned to manage a clinic with full responsible.
Think long and hard
Nurse practitioner (Former Employee), Memphis, TennesseeMarch 16, 2015
Pros: decent salary
Cons: 12 hour shifts
The Little Clinic makes it difficult to have a good work/life balance with 12 hour shifts and working every other weekend. The turnover for NPs in the Memphis region is ridiculous and for a company not to investigate such a high turnover rate shows me that the company is not interested in establishing a long term relationship with the NP. Middle management staff worked well with the NPs but the regional manager is very distant and unapproachable.
Horrible experience
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Memphis, TennesseeMarch 11, 2015
Pros: decent salary
Cons: hours, regional unprofessional
I am a former employee and the Memphis, TN district is by far the worst.The Regional talks to you in a unprofessional manner .It's just like high school, meaning, you have people in a authority that plays childish games.Also , the turnover rate is ridiculous and corporate has yet to investigate. My suggestion to you is don't apply .Don't take yourself through the stress and headache.Always remember, a company that continues to hire for the same positions consistently, there is a problem from within. You have been warned.
Fast pace and productive
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNFebruary 11, 2015
Loved working with the customers and Nurse Pracitioners . Learned something new everyday and the job itself keep me aware of how far I can go in life.
I love TLC!
LPN (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 27, 2015
I love my staff there. They were all very friendly, helpful and professional. I still go there for all my healthcare needs. Quick and efficient. I really enjoyed working there and meeting new people everyday.
Productive place to work!
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Cordova, TNJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: clinic is located inside of kroger, 10% of kroger items, every other weekend off, off days
Cons: work weekends, 12 hour shifts, no overtime, only 30-35 hours available
SUPER EASY JOB! :)
Learn medical terminology/health scenarios
Kind, compassionate co-workers
Diverse patient base
Most enjoyable part of the job:
Interacting with patient's and meeting their needs/expectations
Good company to work for
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), etown kyDecember 27, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: management is not often reachable
good pay
great benefits
PTO buy back program
benefits start at day one
mileage pay
policies and procedures followed to a degree
Typical day is steady~ peak times are flu and physicals seasons
Good Role to Start
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 26, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, great benefits
Cons: demanding schedule, retail environment, frequent turnover
This is a good job to start at right out of NP school. Typically work 12 hour shifts (shorter weekends), manage one MA, see 20-40+ patients per day depending on the time of year.
Long days at work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Bartlett, TNJuly 30, 2014
My days especially at my location is always busy, which is a good thing; because I love to stay busy instead of fumbling my thumbs all day.
I have learned more than I knew before going into the field. Medication inventory, different medications, supplies, etc.

The management team are great. They are there for us for any needs necessary.

I really do not get to work with many co-workers other then the NPs. The ones I have worked with are great and I have learned every ones routine and how they work.

Seeing little children coming to the clinic sick, because I know that they are in some kind of pain.

Calling the patients for a courtesy call and hearing that they feel better and appreciate the calls.