The Little Clinic Employee Reviews

Terrible
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 20, 2016
This is a job for someone who doesn't have a life outside of work. There is no work life balance for everyone in the clinic. Communication is horrible. It is all about the money here. I understand it is a business but what they are asking us to now is sad. Not everyone can afford an $89 and up visit and they want us to bagger the patients into paying this price. A company that is all about the money and not the care given to patients and the rude and demeaning treatment of their employees is not a company to work for.
Benefits
Cons
Productive, fun work place.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 9, 2016
Great place to work! Awesome staff and great opportunities. Great salary. Kroger offers multiple discounts as an employee of The Little Clinic. Fast paced environment.
Pros
Kroger discounts
Cons
short breaks
Terrible management and disrespect for employees
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2016
This was the worst job I've had as a nurse/nurse practitioner. The management was terrible. Very understaffed and all they care about is the money. Was left alone in clinics with no help from management. Required to be the administrative assistant, LPN, patient technician and NP all in one. I even had to fix the equipment if it broke. I also cleaned up at the end of the day. It was unbearable as I couldn't focus on the job I had as a provider. The management would fire people for no reason in the middle of shifts. Very disrespectful management.
Pros
Cons
bad management, long hours, short staffed
Fun comfortable place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 14, 2016
I really enjoy working for The Little Clinic. It's myself and a healthcare provider operating a clinic with a volume of 30-35 patients a day. It's fast paced and fun. I work the front desk and take vitals so I'm familiar with most insurance companies, checking blood pressure and other vital signs, working with EMR system, and general clerical duties. I love my manager. He's a great fun person to work with as well as my co-workers. We all get along great and communicate well with each other. The hardest part about my job is having to turn patients away because certain things are out of our scope of service. The most enjoyable part about my job is helping others and making them feel better. It's very rewarding.
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
Good for new graduate nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHMarch 26, 2016
This is a good start to learn basic skills as a new graduate such as vaccines and obtaining a patient history. Not really something long term. Very busy clinic. Do NOT expect 40 hours. They give you the minimum full time hours which is 32. The staff are very friendly and you get a variety of patients of all ages. You get good pediatric experience if that is something on your future. Meet very interesting people. Everyone is very greatful for the clinic especially when they cannot get in with their PCPs. No room for advancement unless you are a NP. Currently moving to PRN because I found a better opportunity to further my skills.
Pros
45 minute lunches, benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts, no room for advancement
Good to start out
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 22, 2017
As a patient care tech you are what makes the clinic run.
You check in the patients, check insurance, take co-pays. Works the NP/PA's schedule. Manage their breaks and appointments. You clean, you restock, you also do vitals.
You are the face of the clinic and you work side by side with the provider for 12 hours a day.
Pros
Working with Patients, Interactions, vitals, king soopers discount, good medical first step in the door
Cons
Long hours, time-off/Holiday coordination is complicated, some providers are nicer than others, lots to do during your shift, can feel overwhelming
Positive Enviroment
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2016
TLC is a good place to work, great benefits and good work ethic as a company. Pay is acceptable compared to other companies.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
some managment is lack luster
I love working with the staff but we are being asked to work even longer than 12 hour days and I just can not work those long days any more.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNOctober 26, 2016
We work 12 to 13 hours a day and are open on weekends also.

I love the employees that I work with daily.

The hardest part of my job is the long hours. We are open 7 days a week and even on my days off they call and beg you to work at another clinic. I have done this for several years and I just can't work the long hours any more.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients and helping them feel better. I especially love working with elderly patients they are so sweet.
Nurse Practitioner Supervisors (ACP) are very disrespectful
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 19, 2016
The ACP that I was appointment was very unprofessional. She wanted total control of her clinics, and would speak bad about her back up ACP. When management speaks poorly of one another it sets the tone for the company yet this misconduct was supported by the regional director. There is nowhere to turn to obtain a resolution of any kind at TLC, because poor conduct is accepted by upper management. The turnover rate is extremely high, and they could care less. They just recruit more new grads. Employees are not respected nor treated fairly, and there is nowhere to turn to make matters right. I've read other reviews and agree the working as a NP for this organization was like working with real life "mean girls". There is certainly a "click" and if you are not a part of it, that is when you experience bullying and retaliation in the workforce.
Pros
great co-worker, patients were great, and compensation was good
Cons
disrespect from supervisor, bullying from upper management
Terrible Company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAAugust 1, 2016
Management is ineffective when it comes to communicating with staff across the region especially VA Beach location. Va beach locations closed down with less than 30 days notice.
Pros
Decent benefit, Decent Pay for what you do
Cons
No work/Life balance, Ineffective communication from management

Want to know more about The Little Clinic?

Ask a question
Exhausting place to work
pct float (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 19, 2017
Management play games and are mean

Double standard if you are not in the group or click

When you have a day off you are woken up early with scheduling asking you to work

management are mean girls

Fly under the radar !
Pros
Hmmmm
Cons
No breaks, no holiday pay, mean
PCT at The Little Clinic: Good stepping-stone/resume -building job
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2017
This is a good job to get to learn about EMR and duties of a medical receptionist job.
You also get to interact with the patients by obtaining vitals and health history.
It is a good job to help you gain insight into the medical field especially in the retail clinic perspective.
Does not pay too well so it is a high turnover position as a PCT.
small urology office
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 1, 2015
I absolutely loved this job because of its closeness. Everyone became a family. I hate I left to make more money. The benefits are great Mon-Fri work week. Flexible hours, half day clinic. This is superb place to work.

Raises don't come very often and bonuses depend on patient flow that years so there aren't many incentives working here except for free lunches when the reps come. Also there is really no room for advancement due to the office being so small; Other than that great work environment and awesome and friendly management team.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short work week
Good job, not a career
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 13, 2015
Good place to work, coworkers are friendly but you only work with one other person at a time so there isn't really a sense of community. Management is okay but they don't take the time to consider the differences at each clinic and it's all about the bottom line. There is no opportunity for advancement. Work every other weekend, 3 days one week and 2 days the next.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
11 hour days with one 45 min lunch break, very low pay
A great first time job for a fresh graduate
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 9, 2016
I would say, the hours are good, regular 9 to 5. They were very understanding when I needed time off. I worked with some amazing nurses that will forever be in my memory. It was my home away from home, and I do miss it sometimes. This is where I learned the bulk of my healthcare experience after just graduating from the Medical assistant program. There is a mix of sitting for long periods behind a desk, and walking throughout the store greeting customers and handing out literature. I did a lot of marketing.
Pros
Nice stores to work in, clean environment
Cons
sports physicals were not organized well
great company to work for
LPN (Current Employee) –  4915 DIXIE HWYJanuary 26, 2017
friendly co workers, lovend working 12 hr shifts it gives me more time at home with my family, working with different people everyday,and the effort that staff puts forth to make each client happy.
Pros
12 hr shifts
Cons
TRAVELING TO DIFFERENT CLINICS
Very awful place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 21, 2016
I would not recommend this job to nobody they lied you can't leave until the doctors finished their patients you can't eat until after the provider eat first . Corporate is unprofessional and wants you to work like a dog.Never get 40 hours either you get less than 36 hours per week.
This place is a joke
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, TNApril 28, 2015
Like I stated before, this place is a joke. There is no room to move up, and even if there was you would get no recognition for all the hard work you do. The regional manager gets praise and recognition for having such good numbers, yet it's not her doing the work it's all her emplyees that slave day after day. People who come to work and do their job get picked on for things that aren't relevant and others who sit on their butts all day slide right on by. Management is one word; EVIL. There are so many games played with management. If it's not the harassment, it's the almost threatening comments made. Don't plan on having a life outside of work due to the 12 hour shifts and every other weekend. Seriously, don't waste your time applying here. It will bring you nothing but stress that you do not need or want.
Pros
Kroger benefits
Excellent Pay and Benefits, low level support
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 15, 2014
Be prepared to be a superprovider. You will perform provider and clerical duties. Some days you may get lucky and have some support staff and other days you wont. You will usually not have knowledge of that status accurately before your shift. Scheduling has been such that you usually have no idea who is working with you or when. On the positive side if it's not an overly busy day it is manageable. If it is a 20 plus day with no support - you will be challenged for sure. Main leadership is supportive as much as they can be it seems.
Pros
Hours are usually plentiful. Good benefits.
Cons
Little clinical support, minimal communication, hard to get time off, long hours.
Think long and hard
Nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TennesseeMarch 16, 2015
The Little Clinic makes it difficult to have a good work/life balance with 12 hour shifts and working every other weekend. The turnover for NPs in the Memphis region is ridiculous and for a company not to investigate such a high turnover rate shows me that the company is not interested in establishing a long term relationship with the NP. Middle management staff worked well with the NPs but the regional manager is very distant and unapproachable.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
12 hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Little Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6