The Little Clinic Employee Reviews

great workplace
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 13, 2015
Assess, diagnose, treat common illnesses and minor injuries, prescribe medications, conduct tests and interpret laboratory results, provide wellness and preventative care, perform physical examinations and health screenings, and administer vaccinations and injections.
A great place to work at.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN- PRN (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GADecember 9, 2015
Knowledgable people to show and teach you the ins and outs of dealing with sick people, Great leadership also. I enjoyed working in different clinic and meeting new co-workers.
Nice Company
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 5, 2015
Great company to gain experience and patient rapport. Can help you gain confidence in customer service and public speaking.
Horrible!
patient care technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 25, 2015
I loved this job but the management is awful!! The nurse practitioner cussed me out. Management has favorites and not very professional! Management pretends to be on your side and the next moment they blame everything on you! I do not recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
Days off; discount
Cons
Poor management
Can be fast paced when busy
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Denver Metro AreaNovember 14, 2015
Interesting array of minor health problems, lots of opportunities to teach patients about their health. Since it is a walk-in facility and we were not making appointments while I worked there, we never knew when we would be busy with what kinds of problems, so time-management could become an issue.
Good job, not a career
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 13, 2015
Good place to work, coworkers are friendly but you only work with one other person at a time so there isn't really a sense of community. Management is okay but they don't take the time to consider the differences at each clinic and it's all about the bottom line. There is no opportunity for advancement. Work every other weekend, 3 days one week and 2 days the next.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
11 hour days with one 45 min lunch break, very low pay
Employees Are Disposable
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Nashville/KnoxvilleOctober 17, 2015
There are so many things wrong than right with The Little Clinic. Corporate is more concerned with numbers than the quality of care. They preach about "Fresh and Friendly" or " Emotional Connection" but they do not treat their employees with respect or see them as customers. They do not communicate with their employees or involve them with process improvement. The limited communication which is given is mainly negative, abrasive, and unprofessional. They are "mean girls" or bullies and talk unmerciful to their employees. There is favoritism with employees and if you are not in the clique than the work environment can be hostile. It is very hard to get time off even when asking 6-12 months in advance. Orientation is limited and unorganized and fails in giving the employees the essential tools to succeed. Turnover rates are very high but it appears never investigated or questioned. This is a sign of poor management if you do not strive to retain employees. It is very costly and wasteful of resources. Treat employees in manner in which you would like to be treated and have the same expectations of yourself that you have of your employees.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Time off, poor orientation and leadership
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant / PCT (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 15, 2015
Fun work place with a positive group of people. A company willing to go above and beyond to make it comfortable for all. Until the company started to grow and it became less enjoyable and we became a number. The more money brought in the more you fit in.
Pros
bonus for high numbers
Cons
never satisfied always wanting more more more.
Worst worst experience ever
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 6, 2015
Unorganized; unorthodox, classless management who shows favoritism especially when it comes to promoting and time off. The supervisor actually cursed me out and then cried stating she was stressed because she couldn't visit her time share! The workload could have been better if they hired more people, therefore more accounts could be touched. PTO sucked and you didn't get real holiday pay. I was thrilled to leave, good riddance!
Pros
Kroger and TLC discount, pay
Cons
Tacky management, no room for growth, workload
Good benefits; No work life balance- Very hard to get approved time off
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  KnoxvilleOctober 3, 2015
The Little Clinic is owned by Kroger=excellent benefits. Very hard to get approved time off, and switching shifts with willing coworkers is frowned upon unless its several months in advance. Took a long time to get approval of requested time off, IF you got it at all. ALOT of upper management , many whose areas of responsibility cross over. This made it difficult to know who approved what. One might tell you one thing, and the other another. Or they had to consult one another before making some of the simplest decisions. And everything needed approval. Treated like a kid more than a professional. Constant, and I mean constant changes. They said they wanted you to feel like it was your business, their managment style did not reflect this. Hard to keep up with all the changes, what rules were for that day because the day/ week before was different, and the next week different from the last. But you didnt know about it until you wete getting in trouble for it. You may have been notified in one of the many emails from oe of your many bosses, or it could have been in any one of the hundreds of different places where random information is posted like their weekly company memo or the monthly company memo, a staff meeting, or even a revised/new policy that wasnt updated yet to reflect the new change, or even a conference call. Your filing system better be good, because the organization of all this info was not. Much more beating the team up than building the team up. Bonus incentives were terrible and got worse. Hourly pay was decent. Three days of call per month, call  more... area large. Joint Commission Certified. EMR user friendly.  less
Pros
Hourly pay competitive, Good benefits, Comfortable work enviroment
Cons
Poor bonus system, Very Very difficult to get time off, especially shorter notice (within two months or less), Poor management style. High turnover
small urology office
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 1, 2015
I absolutely loved this job because of its closeness. Everyone became a family. I hate I left to make more money. The benefits are great Mon-Fri work week. Flexible hours, half day clinic. This is superb place to work.

Raises don't come very often and bonuses depend on patient flow that years so there aren't many incentives working here except for free lunches when the reps come. Also there is really no room for advancement due to the office being so small; Other than that great work environment and awesome and friendly management team.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short work week
Great Place
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 24, 2015
I have learned a lot about patient care and proper administration of medication and vaccination. I enjoy working with my co workers and my managers are very supportive.
Pros
Discounts, benefits
It's a job to have
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 21, 2015
The job is ok and close to home. It seems a bit unorganized but its a job. The job can be repetitive and boring, but it is close to my home.
Pros
close to home
Cons
unorganized
great benefits
LPN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati ohioJuly 4, 2015
I like my job at TLC. To be honest it is a break from pushing that cart in a LTC facility. Was told the wrong pay but I stayed anyways because the people you work with are great and the benefits make up for it. I plan on staying at TLC till I get my RN and plan on coming back when I have my NP.
Pros
the people and benefits
cma
CMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Bardstown, KYJune 24, 2015
I LOVE IT HERE. I CHECK IN PT'S AND TAKE VITALS SIGNS,OR ANY OTHER TESTING THAT APRN MIGHT NEED FOR ME TO DO. THERE IS USUALLY ONLY TWO OF US AT A TIME INT HE CLINIC,i LOVE WORKING HELPING SICK PEOPLE AND TO MAKE THEM FEEL BETTER
Pros
5 MINS FROM MY HOUSE
Cons
12 HOUR SHIFTS
management is terrible
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati RegionJune 17, 2015
The balance between life and work is terrible. The managers in the Cincinnati Region expect your life to be about nothing but The Little Clinic. During the winter snowstorms, when roads were barely accessible, you were demanded to come in. One manager stated it was because The Little Clinic is like a hospital. In all truth, they are far from that.
All that is cared about is getting money and numbers for the clinics. If a patient has an insurance that is not accepted at the clinic, the manager expect you to badger that person into being seen and paying $85 and/or up to be seen at the clinic. Oh, and if someone comes to the clinic and it is obvious the need to go to the ER or have an ambulance called, it is expected that you call a manager first before calling 911; because you know, there could be a chance that they could be seen at the clinic.
management is not professional
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 26, 2015
the company shows favorites, the manager has an employee that lives, with her, and she lets her do whatever she wants to do in the establishment
Productive day
Data Entry/Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 21, 2015
It's a good company to work for depends on what department your in and what management your under. Co workers are fun.
The training could be better when learning different things within company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
manager
fun work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Versailles, KYMay 8, 2015
Not too much room for advancement, but overall a good place to work. Management could use a refresher course.... Very nice people to work for.
This place is a joke
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, TNApril 28, 2015
Like I stated before, this place is a joke. There is no room to move up, and even if there was you would get no recognition for all the hard work you do. The regional manager gets praise and recognition for having such good numbers, yet it's not her doing the work it's all her emplyees that slave day after day. People who come to work and do their job get picked on for things that aren't relevant and others who sit on their butts all day slide right on by. Management is one word; EVIL. There are so many games played with management. If it's not the harassment, it's the almost threatening comments made. Don't plan on having a life outside of work due to the 12 hour shifts and every other weekend. Seriously, don't waste your time applying here. It will bring you nothing but stress that you do not need or want.
Pros
Kroger benefits