The Little Gym Employee Reviews

Overall
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 1, 2017
The Little Gym isn't the worse place to work, but it is difficult at times. From personal experience it was never to customers nor the children, the staff was great but management sucked.
fun and exciting place for chidren
Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 23, 2017
It was a really fun place to work at. A good place or first time job to work at if you are willing and want to work with kids. Overall i had a good experience and would love to work there again.
mom and pop feel
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Ledgewood, NJMay 22, 2017
I absolutely love working at the little gym. The owners are very friendly, staff is decent. The customers love to come to a place where everyone is friendly and most important thought always are the children.
Pros
people are awesome
Cons
pay isn't so good
Great place to work, helps you be more outgoing.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 30, 2017
Working at The Little Gym is an amazing experience. You will gain knowledge of working with children of all ages, and gain amazing communication skills.
Pros
Awesome Hours, Good pay, Great Workers
Cons
N/a
Good place to start working
Birthday Party Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAApril 13, 2017
This was my first job in high school, which was located right around the corner of my house. It was a place that I found to fit my qualifications at the time, but soon learned that the management was not in it for the love of the job, but rather because they were salary employees. Due to this, my hours were cut drastically, and was only utilized on early morning shifts or when management did not feel like going into work. The profits earned by the location quickly dwindled, and the establishment that I was employed at was closed.
Fun fun fun!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 10, 2017
Working here is a great place to start off. I had my first job here and I tried to quit multiple times but never did because the kids are the best (a problem with management don't worry! It is all fixed now). This place teaches you so many things!
Productive and fun place to work.
Gymnastics Instructor/Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 5, 2017
Great atmosphere. I loved teaching the young children gymnastics because it is what I love to do. Teaching has always been a dream of mine, and it was super fun.
Awesome work environment
Gymnastics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 4, 2017
I loved interacting with the children during classes. The premade lesson plans were a bonus, they allowed for child development as well as fun activities.
Fun environment and fantastic management
Lead instructor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAFebruary 22, 2017
There is always something new and fun going on there. The management is one of the best I've ever had. Its a place that you can make a difference.
Pros
Fun
Cons
High energy
Fun
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJ 08003February 13, 2017
fun environment

enjoyable staff members

working with children

parents nice to teachers and staff

children curious

everyday new experience

upbeat

exciting
Pros
working with kids
Cons
weekend hours
Love kids
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 13, 2017
It is great for a first job. You get to enjoy teaching young kids how to be active and dance. It is fun and I enjoyed my time working there. It was a great experience
The Little Gym
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Honestly, I really enjoyed this job, however I enjoyed this job because of the relationships I made. My students and their parents are what made this job amazing. The feeling I got from watching one of my students execute a skill they had been practicing, was awesome. To see the utter joy on their faces, is what made this job worth it.
Fun place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 4, 2017
Not enough hours.... when there wasn't a lot of children I was sent home.. birthday parties weren't planned back to back so I would to leave for 1.5 hours than return for next birthday party.
Pros
Free cake and pizza
Cons
Hours
It was a sweet and cute place to work at.
Gymnastics Coach (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
The Little Gym is a place to work if you enjoy working set schedules and don't change up your schedule very often. Getting days off, time off, or sick days can be very hard if your gym is under staffed or if people at the gym are just not willing to help. The only way to go into "management" is by buying and opening a gym yourself.
Cons
No benefits or promises of advancement in management
Engaging and fun Enviorment
Party host/Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 23, 2016
I would set up birthday parties and greet guests. I did special activities with children with gymnastics skills . After we would clean the facility. I was also trained in dance (ballet) and child development ages 3-6
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
If we did not clean quick we would not get paid
No longer in business
Franchise Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 7, 2016
This was a dot com company that went out of business when the entire dot com world collapsed. It was located in CA.

It was a nice place to work until the fund ing ran out.
Fun, exiting, and rewarding job.
Lead Instructor and Program Director (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 27, 2016
Typically, I will teach 3-5 classes per day. The classes are well organized, structured, and appropriate. In between you are expected to clean and maintain the facility, and complete business tasks.

While at The Little Gym, I learned to have better sales skills, personal skills, and marketing skills.

Management is kind, fun, and laid back but serious about business and success.

The co-workers work well as a team, and get along well.

The hardest part of the job is keeping energy high for the children.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the children gain new skills with smiles on their faces.
Great place to work!
Co-Owner (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNNovember 10, 2016
We embrace a proprietary philosophy called Three-Dimensional Learning, in which physical activity is a conduit for nurturing your whole child. The Three-Dimensional Learning approach to skill development means that every class we offer fosters growth in three holistic dimensions; developing flexibility, strength, balance and coordination through varied physical activities; nurturing listening skills, concentration and decision-making that benefits your child well beyond the gym; promoting sharing, teamwork, cooperation and leadership through spending time with your kid’s friends and peers.
Family like atmosphere
Gymnastics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMay 18, 2016
I like the family feeling that the place gave off to not only with the employees but with the customers and kids. the management was great.
Poor Management
Team Member/Instructor (Former Employee) –  NJApril 24, 2016
I found that the communication between management and owners was lacking. There was no clear expectation of what was expected of me on a day to day basis. Just as reflective, management was constantly trying to understand what ownership desired of them as well.

What I mean by the expectations that were of me is that when it came to daily coordinating, there were expectations of me that I would have no idea had existed. Naturally without communication I would have remained unaware of such expectations .

Furthermore, I would find out about such things last minute, too late, and being blamed for not knowing things I couldn't have known about. I found it frustrating because I tried to take initiative and be assertive, but without such communication my efforts were pointless and unacknowledged.

The most gratifying feeling that you will receive is from working with the children, besides that, it is not paying well, they are belittling, and unprofessional.
Pros
some of the coworkers were fun to work with, until they too got wrapped up in the messy communicative existence The Little Gym appears to be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Little Gym. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9