The Little Gym Employee Reviews in United States

Family like atmosphere
Gymnastics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMay 18, 2016
I like the family feeling that the place gave off to not only with the employees but with the customers and kids. the management was great.
Poor Management
Team Member/Instructor (Former Employee) –  NJApril 24, 2016
I found that the communication between management and owners was lacking. There was no clear expectation of what was expected of me on a day to day basis. Just as reflective, management was constantly trying to understand what ownership desired of them as well.

What I mean by the expectations that were of me is that when it came to daily coordinating, there were expectations of me that I would have no idea had existed. Naturally without communication I would have remained unaware of such expectations .

Furthermore, I would find out about such things last minute, too late, and being blamed for not knowing things I couldn't have known about. I found it frustrating because I tried to take initiative and be assertive, but without such communication my efforts were pointless and unacknowledged.

The most gratifying feeling that you will receive is from working with the children, besides that, it is not paying well, they are belittling, and unprofessional.
Pros
some of the coworkers were fun to work with, until they too got wrapped up in the messy communicative existence The Little Gym appears to be.
great growing expeprience
Gymnastics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 15, 2016
because there is so much interaction with people you learn great communication skills. You also learn patience when working with kids.
good
Tumbling Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTFebruary 11, 2016
I would teach tumbling to little kids and also help improve their motor skills. Also would clean up the office. Would always have an open mind and positive attitude
Fun interactive place
Gym Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 19, 2016
- taught kids gymnastics while also learning motor skills
- learned how to conduct entertaining birthday parties for children
- built a strong rapport with children and parents
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Got taken advantage of because I was the youngest
Fun environment
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 2, 2015
Fun environment where work is also like playtime (based in physical, social, and emotional development), but compensation is lacking.
A successful and rewarding job working with children
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 14, 2015
I was able to work with children of a wide age range to help them grow physically, socially, emotionally and cognitively. It was a pleasure to work for them, and I will always have love for The Little Gym,
fun place
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 24, 2015
A nice place for the customers to bring their children for play time. but you have to love working with children in order to enjoy working here. Management is poorly done
Good
Lead Coach/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYMay 6, 2015
It was a good place to work; good managers and good kids to work with. Typical day at work was full but busy. I hadgood experiences with the kids.
Productive job
The Little Gym (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHApril 6, 2015
A typical day at work will be providing kids from 4 month-12 years old classes (gymnastics, sports, dance) and birthdays. Beside being teaching all day, we have to attend the counter by answering the phone, responding any questions that our parents had regards to any activity or even regardless to their kids, and the most important, we attend the counter to make sure parents pay their tuition on time.

Every teacher on the gym is certified as a teacher and is well prepared to teach classes. The leaders of birthdays provide excellent service by giving our customers the service they deserve. The hardest part of our job is working with co-workers that don't care about rules. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the kids from your classes being successful and getting better on skills that they were very weak.
Cons
Short breaks, hard to have a life
Loved to owner
Director (Former Employee) –  Matthews NCMarch 16, 2015
A very fun place to work, worked for one of the greatest owners of a business ever money was not the best but I would do anything that was asked because I was treated so well!
Fun place to work
Gym Director/manager (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJMarch 2, 2015
I enjoyed every day to work at the Little gym. Working with children and see their success made me fill good about myself and I was proud to be part of their lives.The Little gym was a great place to work and offered me a position I could use my educational background ant my teaching skills.I used my organizational skills to run business to be a great place to work.
Pros
traveling
Cons
healthcare insurance, benefits
Great work environment, not so good pay/benefits
Lead Instructor/Closing Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Not much room for advancement or raise, however it's a fun place to work. They start employees with degrees at minimum wage. You must have external motivation to work.
Pros
fun environment, small staff
Cons
little room for advancement
excellent company
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 26, 2014
fun and more fun. Just needed to pay more to have a life. Was sad to have left
Productive and fun
Owner (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 10, 2014
I love The Little Gym! Great people to work with, fun with tons of energy.
Pros
get to play all day with kids
Cons
benefits- long weekends and nights
The Little Gym
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 8, 2014
Your day is filled with music, laughter, and kids having fun. You get to work with kids of all ages. You will get your exercise teaching the classes because you do everything with the kids.
Pros
fun job
Cons
no paid vacation
pay not equal to work
Gymnastics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 4, 2014
You do a lot more work then your pay rate. They advance your title but not pay by saying you are still training a year after you arehired
Fun place to work!
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 24, 2014
Generally, as an Instructor a typical day consisted of teaching classes based on child development curriculum and teaching methods to promote motor skill development.

Oppertunity for advancing
Great place for kids!
Gym Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2014
We taught gymnastics, dance, sports, and karate. The kids loved it because we were there for fun not to compete.
a fun environment working with children
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 9, 2014
taught classes for children ages 6 months-8 years. We provided lots of customer service and taught gymnastic classes. It is like playing all day for work.

2.8