Supports the Grill Manager in managing and supervising the Grill & Bar, Halfway House and Golf-Cart operations while leading, training and directing its personnel. Contributes to the mission of providing quality service to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
1. Supports the Grill Manager in coordinating all administrative activities of the department, including schedules, performance evaluations, recruiting, record keeping, orientation, supervision, staffing and attending meetings.
2. Conveys a favorable image of the organization by projecting a positive, professional appearance and demeanor to our guests and associates alike.
3. Contributes input in the drafting, designing and implementation of the menus.
4. Participates in the preparation of operating and capital budgets and forecasts and gives his full support in conforming to them.
5. Helps in hiring positive individuals with pleasant can-do attitudes in keeping with our hotel culture.
6. Participates in establishing training programs to ensure consistent high-quality service.
7. Ensures the restaurant, bar, cart operation facilities and equipment are maintained at the highest level of cleanliness in accordance with the Health Department and the hotel standards.
8. Trains all departmental personnel in established safety and emergency procedures.
9. Is a hands-on manager and interacts with staff, hotel guests and our golf clientele to ensure quality service is provided.
10. Helps in managing the Halfway House and the Cart operations.
11. Liaises with other operating departments to guarantee quality of services rendered.
12. Maintains a house bank and conforms to established cash-handling procedures.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily according to company standards. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and other computer/ data processing programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
San Diego County Food Handler Card.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The employee will maintain a friendly, positive attitude and a professional appearance at all times. The employee will be dedicated to providing a memorable experience to each of our guests. The employee will be committed to the pursuit of excellence in service, a consistent product of high quality and value, and an entrepreneurial, sales-focused culture.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be knowledgeable of all safety and emergency procedures and must be able to assist as required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.