THE LODGE Employee Reviews in United States

Loved working with elderly dementia patients
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WANovember 21, 2015
Hardest part of my job was being pregnant and working mostly on my own. My coworkers were very helpful when i needed the help.
lovely nursing home.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, TNNovember 16, 2015
I worked nights, when I arrived to the nursing home I did bed checks and continued to do bed checks every two hours. I changed them and got them dressed in the morning. Showered also.
The hardest part of the job was the hours, working nights.
The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with the clients.
Pros
Spending time with the elderly.
Cons
night shift hours.
Okay Hotel, needs improvement
Front Desk /Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNOctober 17, 2015
This Lodge has a awesome setting with breathtaking views but lacks direction! Management & at times Ownership's non-experience in running hotels shows. Lodge built around a really unique concept but with little to no hotel expert/developer input. Management is weak on discipline and Lodge does little to no marketing outside of the greater Sevier & Knox County area so during nonpeak month hotel is deader than others in the area due to lack of Marketing. Hotel gives no authority to their Front Desk Agents but yet expect you to take care of the guest with out the power to do that at times. Restaurant is a joke! Poorly managed, Subpar food, snobby servers, WAY OVERPRICED. Overall unless your desperate for a job who says they care about you but really don't, STAY AWAY FROM The LODGE!!!
Pros
Okay pay, great location
Cons
No trust in their staff decisions, poor management, lack of direction/discipline/training, etc.
productive work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTJuly 22, 2015
A typical day that the lodge my shift started at 4:00pm and ended at 8:00pm, i've learned how to multitask, and how to deal with people who give you a hard time.
Pros
free drinks, free left over food at the end of your shift
Cons
No breaks
nice place to work, live music and fun events
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 20, 2015
lots of play time. we get to make new foods and try new things, ive gotten to meet many amazing people and work with some as well
Pros
have off
Cons
harder to advance
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  nashville ,TNApril 27, 2015
Great facility
Fun Place to work
Great residents
Friendly Staff
beautiful surroundings
fun drive away from traffic
Great kitchen to work from
Very relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
New Facility
Cons
Advancement
Fun environment, meeting people, etc.
Clerk/Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Isabel, COApril 25, 2015
Worked in a resort community; helping vacationers purchase items, rent equipment and give them information about the area; management was very interactive with staff and visitors; co-workers were fun and helpful; hardest part of the job was keeping up with the rushes during high volume times; the most enjoyable part of the job was the location and interacting with people.
Pros
Discounts on lunches & gift shop items
Cons
Seasonal, no benefits
Ups and down
Banquet setup , and houseman (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 13, 2015
It was a temp to hire job but i ended up landing a job at seaboard concrete. The management was good if you to get hired the benefits and pay would go up. The work was not hard alot of work is not hard plus I am a hard worker.
fun active environment
Banquet server (Former Employee) –  Monterrey CAMarch 6, 2015
being a team player is essential
surrounded by a beautiful environment
i felt that everyone was very poised an cordial
i felt i learned the importance of being punctual
management was amazing there lenient yet on top of things
Not a Place I would Return to Work
Switch Board (Former Employee) –  SonomaFebruary 6, 2015
This was not a place I would return to work. When I worked there it was starting off, and the management was not very friendly.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
most things there
Small town mentality
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXJanuary 31, 2015
A lot of younger employees, who didn't care much for the job, made it hard for someone who did care. Also I was given a hard time by a manager (who is no longer there) for asking off to attend a family funeral.
productive
Housekeeping and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  IowaJanuary 24, 2015
Clean all public areas and some apartments also did inventory and ordering.
Awsome place to work, Owner refuses to pay enough to get by
Wellness Chef (Current Employee) –  sedona AZDecember 8, 2014
Start my day at 6 am in the morning and start preparing breakfast for the bed and breakfast guests which usually includes some type of creative egg breakfast with hash browns avocados a fruit cup coffee orange juice cranberry juice tea. For lunch we are cooking for the holistic treatment facility which follows the Gerson Therapy guidelines many restrictions, and we will design a meal that is healthy delicious satisfying and presentable for a five-star restaurant. The hardest part of the job is getting paid about 200 per week to act as an executive chef. Best part of the job is training to cook at an executive chef level and learning how to do the job which is good because most executive chefs will get paid upwards of 60,000 per year.
Pros
watching people come in sick and leave happy and healthy
Cons
not allowed to eat anything unless paying outrageous price
a great work envierment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Keego Harbor, MINovember 30, 2014
a typical day i washed dishes, what i learned is hard work and how to be on time management was good my co-workers where fun to be around the hardest part was how many dishes i had to put away the most enjoyable part was the great food and i met new people
Pros
great food and new people
Cons
slippery floors
bad management, okay work days.
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 11, 2014
normal days I would check in or check out guests, depending on what shift i was on. I would fix computer and network issues with the hotel and attached restaurants point of sales. If i was working on a night shift, i would also balance the books at night, doing the night audit. The management smoked and let others smoke in the main building, which was the worst part of the job. The best part was, there could be a lot of down time, which let me run the website and social media.
Pros
1/2 off at restaurant.
Cons
no healthcare/dental/vision while working. smoking in break rooms. gm would not answer gm calls
Wide ranging responsibilities
Chief engineer, liaison (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CANovember 8, 2014
It was a good job with a good crew. Educational and enjoyable
Pros
free lunchess
Fun and energtic workplace
CMA (Former Employee) –  Fayette, MONovember 5, 2014
I loved working for The Lodge. The staff was great and I loved my residents
Pros
free meals
Cons
night shift
What a workplace...
Torrey Pines- Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAOctober 28, 2014
The Lodge is a beautiful property however, the hours worked, expectations, management, and training are overwhelming. Not a comfortable environment to work in. I learned a lot about customer service and truly loved the co-workers I had. The hardest part of my job was the amount of stress that I experienced and the lack of help from other departments.
Pros
free lunch, co- workers, pay
Cons
stress levels, expectations, attitudes from management
Bad Managment
Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 25, 2014
The Managent was not so great, rook a whole year to advance, was promised a raise and advancement and it never happened. I loved all the employers though, loved serving as well. Checks always bounced and always got the checks late. I was not too thrilled about that.
Pros
half off food, good teamwork, always had regulars
Cons
bad managing, bounced checks
C.N.A.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 26, 2014
This place helped me grow from starting off as a volunteer to helping me get my certification. Nurses and aides got along great.