The Logistics Company

The Logistics Company Employee Reviews in United States

The Logistics Company
Electronic Technician III (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 18, 2015
They don't really take care of their employees like they say they are going to. They want to require you to wear certain type of clothes but don't want to supply them. They have HORRIBLE health benefits. It would cost me almost 1800 dollars a month for my family to have insurance through them. that is one whole paycheck.
Productive and Fun with all the Training
EMT-B/ Combat lifesaver Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 15, 2015
Being productive at work was an everyday thing for us as a contractor. When there was soldiers on ground we knew it was time for work and training to get done. The most enjoyable part was working along side with my colleagues and US Army counterparts we all worked as a team to complete our mission. Regardless of how many different trainings were going on, we did all that we could to support all the teams with medical support.
Pros
There was always something for us to be getting trained on
Cons
No overtime
Informative and productive company to work for.
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJAugust 6, 2015
A typical day would begin with a morning meeting held by the supervisor on topics and issues of the previous days and then lead into job duties assigned for all employees. After job duties are assigned the supervisor would go over anything that was missed in the meetings then workers would go do their duties.
Pros
experience. customers. soldiers
Cons
weather. layoffs
Great place to work.
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 24, 2015
Great place to work, but the job is on a year to year basis. It is a military contract that is renewed yearly. I really enjoy working there. The people are great and you are supporting our troops.
Work with employees on vacation and time off
Shipping/ Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYSeptember 25, 2015
Company works with their employees on time off for family matters.
Show the employees how much they respect them and their hard work is rewarded often.
Wells Fargo
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXNovember 9, 2015
WF was always committed to training their employees so they could assist future and regular customers with their bank needs.
Good Company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 13, 2015
It was a contract job everything was straight up and honest.Day included inspecting deficiancies in trucks insuring repairs were performed correctly.
Great pay, however, on contract (I was anyway)
Mechanic/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC (worked on Ft. Bragg)February 2, 2015
Great pay until you get laid off. If it weren't for the layoff it would have been a PERFECT job! I'm not sure if they have other permanent contracts, but I knew mine was only temporary. They pay VERY well and have fringe benefits on top of it (Mine were $4 per hour). There are no medical benefits. We went to work at 5 am and were off by 2 pm. The inspectors for the vehicles could be trying at times and make you re-do stuff you did just because they didnt see you do it. However, that is THEIR job. I would go back and do it all again if I was looking to make a quick buck! - If they get a new contract and you want to keep on then you can stay or they will call you back if they get another contract at a later time.
Pros
great pay
Cons
contract work
Good working environment, good health benefits, flexable hours, and a well paid job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 14, 2015
It's a well paid job, some good hours full and part time available, they had offered good benefits but i turned it down to be able to take home a little more money.
Pros
well paid, good benefits.
Cons
no over time.
No Job Security
Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  McGregor Base Camp Fort Bliss, TexasNovember 7, 2013
I was an instructor for seven years and once this contract took over they promised us a BIG NICE PICTURE and said our contract was good for 5 years. The pay was great but the management SUCKED and a typical 8 hour day was to "Cert Prep" hahaha yea ok im sure everyone was doing that for eight hours. Anyways this company lost the contract after only 10 months in business. Hope they never ever come back to the desert. Glad im gone.
Pros
pay/vacation
Cons
boring long 8 hours/management
The diversity of the job assignments.
Electronic Technician I Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJJune 10, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of installing electronic equipment into outgoing vehicles and inspecting and removing equipment when vehicles are returned to the motor pool. I view management as being good because as long as we show up to work on time and completed our work orders, they didn't micro manage us. I was the Lead Technician of my group with eight people on my team. My team worked well together and took pride in our job. The hardest part of the job was working outside in all type of weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and greeting the Army Units as they prepare to deploy overseas.
Pros
enjoyed working outdoors
Cons
extreme hot or cold weather
Not A Good Place To Work
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Fort DixMay 6, 2012
If I could have given Upper Management 0 stars, I would have. This "company" has the most unprofessional, inexperienced people I have ever come across.
Please don't worry if you have "experience" or not, or even have any skills matching the job post. They don't care. They will accept anyone and I am not kidding. I don't even understand why they are still there. If they have 50 employees, I will be shocked. The benefits are a joke, they will lowball you on salary if you don't know any better. If you have a choice, move on. If you are a true professional who takes pride in yourself and the work ethic, this is not the place for you.
Pros
full time, decent salary (if you don't get lowballed)
Cons
inexperienced co-workers, unprofessional, unknowledgeable
Productive and learning environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 7, 2013
a typical day at work was never the same.
what I learned is how to work efficient
Management was behind employees
Co-workers were people who were interested in seeing others succeed.
The hardest part of the job was getting laid off.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the parties and get togethers
Pros
benefits, retirement, company parties, exercise room
Cons
non
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 12, 2013
• Negotiate contracts with Federal Government officials and subcontractors.
• Procurement of all PPE require per the contract.
• Ensure a timely and accurate submission of deliverables/reports.
• Advises management and works closely with internal and external personnel regarding contract reporting and compliance matters.
• Maintain funding for a $ 21 Million dollar contract.
• Coordinate and prepare cost and technical proposals and cost and pricing analysis.
• Manage contract from RFP/RFQ to closeout.
• Review and approved contract modifications, and Policies /Procedures.
• Coordinate with all levels of management with in the company to implement contract modifications to the contract. .
• Ensure all work was accomplished in accordance with FAR, DFARS, and the regulatory guidance.
Best team that I have been apart of........
System Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COApril 24, 2015
Best group of people to work with..... very informative and team playes... the aviation team is probably one of the most sound teams to work with.
Pros
cohesiveness
Cons
stability
Productive workplace, great environment.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  3400 Walsh Parkway, Fayetteville, NCMarch 28, 2013
Every work day started with a 15 minute safety meeting, supervisors were approachable and always willing to help and assist when needed, they madesure that all eployees wre trainedand able to perorm all aspects ofthe job, the most enjoyable patof this job was knowing that we supported the United States Army, local and abroad.
good co to work for.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 20, 2015
The logistics company is world wide and is a veteran owned company.Its been enjoyable over the last fifteen years as an employee .
Great Company to work for
Materials Expediter (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJApril 30, 2012
Great company with stellar leadership principles and good communication across the masses. Work day was 800 until 4:30 with an hour for lunch. Learned alot about the deployment activities of the sister services and what they go throgh to accomplish the daily mission abroad.
Good times
Personnel Assistant III - Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJJune 21, 2013
I enjoyed working with TLC. The insurance was good and the communication was good with management. Any grievance that we had with other employees were addressed. Our section never had any issues. Always knew the manager had our back.
Pros
never micro managed
Overall good company
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 10, 2012
I pull and store MRO's. I work as a member of a team that is designed specifically to assist the government with maintaining parts. I like my job, I have been in logistics for the last 11 years and can't think of a time where it is not needed on a regular basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Logistics Company. Our community is ready to answer.