Expand your sphere of influence from a single school to the whole country—join the most creative team in music publishing today!
Heritage Music Press is searching for several part-time editors for its elementary classroom resources, including the general music magazine Activate!. We need bright, talented individuals who want to work with exceptional writers and fellow editors creating publications that further excellence in music education. Our impressive team includes top writer/educators Artie Almeida, Brian Hiller and Don Dupont, Mari Schay, Donna Dirksing, and Jeanette Morgan, to name just a few.
The ideal candidate will:
- have at least a bachelor in music education degree and at least three years of experience teaching elementary general music.
- have excellent organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- enjoy working with a vibrant and diverse group of talented, creative individuals.
- have certification in Orff or Kodály.
- be proficient in MS Word and Acrobat, including style sheets, proofing tools, and comments.
- have an interest in apps, interactive software, and other technologies impacting classrooms today.
- enjoy music theory and possess some piano skills.
While a degree in English is not required, this position must be filled by someone who is an excellent writer with a solid grasp of grammar and punctuation.
Responsibilities will include at least some of the following:
- editing and proofreading to ensure that we are providing quality resources.
- working with our exceptional authors and editors to ready their materials for production.
- preparing Word files for the graphics department, screen maps for Flash programmers, and music files manuscripts for engraving.
- proofreading music and text.
- meeting production deadlines.
There are no set hours for this position and relocation is not required. Consequently, a good deal of self management of your schedule and particularly deadlines is required.
The salary range for this part-time position is $15,000 to $25,000, depending upon qualifications and the number of projects for which you are responsible.
Heritage Music Press is a division of The Lorenz Corporation. Visit www.lorenz.com to learn more about our elementary classroom resources and Activate! as well as The Lorenz Corporation.
We spend a lot of energy hiring terrific people. Our employment process is rather lengthy. We hope that you will persevere through it knowing that there is a great job with a fantastic team at the end. So, if you are interested in this opportunity, please complete the following by July 1, 2013:
1. Submit your résumé.
2. Include a cover letter describing how you are using technology in your classroom, the teachingphilosophies you hold dear, or the pedagogies upon which you rely.
3. Take the online personality profile listed here: https://rdr.devinegroup.com/?TRUJHL
4. Take the online skills test listed here: https://rdr.devinegroup.com/?AFUQHL
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, age, marital status, or handicap.