- The Social Media Community Manager (“SMCM”) will raise awareness in the digital sphere of the Los Angeles Unified School District (“LAUSD”) and its activities.
- Ideal candidate will have familiarity with the LA school system and how it operates.
- SMCM will work closely with the Los Angeles Fund for Public Education on related activities supporting the LAUSD.
Management of social media presence and content creation on all platforms.
- Content Creation: Writing short blog posts and other communications (video, digital media, etc.) for online/social media channels.
- Social Media Outreach: Creating, managing and growing our online community.
- Field Reporting: Attend LAUSD events in the field (schools, etc.). Write short posts, post photos and videos on the event to capture the moment.
- Technology/Social Media Knowledge: Current social media tools, trends, and techniques (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Blogs, etc.); Social listening tools such as TweetDeck and Google Alerts; Microsoft Office and/or Mac OS X applications.
- Blogger Outreach: Identify, reach out, and cultivate relationships with relevant bloggers.
- Strategic Planning: Creating strategic marketing/communication campaigns and community-outreach strategies to engage the community and businesses. Some campaigns will be to promote philanthropic involvement in public education via social media sponsorships.
- Online Management: Help manage the information posted on our LAUSD website to highlight District programs and events to ensure consistent communications.
- Collaboration: Close liaison with other parts of the organization to help “integrate and educate” on social effort.
- Capacity Building: Working with other parts of the organization to advise their social media efforts.
- Productivity Reporting: Will report on effectiveness of social media programs and implement improvements as required.
- Photo/Video Production: May conduct photo and video shoots and assist in the managing photo and video resources.
Indeed - 10 months ago