The Lubrizol Corporation Employee Reviews

Outdated facilities, unpleasant working conditions
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 1, 2017
Depending on your job there, you could have a positive or negative experience.

Positives: very diverse workforce. Good free coffee. Free annual basic health screen.

Cons: Juvenile, "gossipy" and "cliquey" culture. Your first impression that is gossiped around the office can never be changed and will show up in your annual performance reviews; therefore if it is bad your career can be tarnished because co-workers don't like something about you
Pros
Cafeterias on site in Wickliffe and Brecksville
Cons
gossipy middle-school culture
Successful Corporation with a great culture.
Lifesciences Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2017
- Excellent work culture
- An environment that promotes learning and growth
- Collaboration with coworkers is strongly encouraged
- You can see the value in the work you do
- Engaged and supportive management
Lubrizol provided opportunities for advancement as well as respect for family
Administrative Professional/Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OH 44092August 30, 2017
Every part of my job with Lubrizol was enjoyable although extremely busy and sometimes demanding. I was given all opportunities for advancement that I was interested in. I was raising a terminally ill child and had to miss work often without advance warning. Peers and management were extremely understanding and supportive. The illness of that child was why I left Lubrizol in order to spend time with him before he died. My resignation was amicable.
Pros
Excellent benefits
ok
Contract Blender (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHMay 26, 2017
Ok. Didn't work here very long. Was very tough to get hired full time. Probably would have stayed here if I had been able to get hired in. Unfortunately circumstances didn't work out that way.
heirachy in place
Program Manager / IS Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHMay 16, 2017
My peers were the most enjoyable part of the job. People working together to a common goal. Working hard and reaping the benefits at the end of projects.
Great Scientific Staff, Great Culture
Toxicologist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 5, 2017
I loved working for this company. Management cared about the people. When I resigned to work at another laboratory, primarily because of location for my family, the Head of Research personally called me into his office to discuss options. I felt valued which is rare these days.
Pros
Benefits, People, Management
Very traditional
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHDecember 28, 2016
I am working with many great people here at Lubrizol but I do have to admit that it is very traditional and somewhat things are at a very slow pace. Many lifers that are employed and I heard many times before the saying "we've been doing it like this for 30 years." Change comes very slow.
Pros
Good company values
Cons
Change comes slow
Was the only female but absolutely LOVE all my guys on the rack. We were family.
Materials Handling Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXDecember 6, 2016
I'm just going to say not all people are management material. Otherwise I loved the chaos of my job! I ran a tight ship, lol, but thoroughly enjoyed all of it.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
As much as I hate to put this out there, new management that joined our group this last year was the worst I've ever experienced.
Great place to be
Account Manager/Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 16, 2015
Sold company with good growth; Great culture, feels more like a family. Keep your head down, do your work, network, and good things will happen!!
Productive and Fun workplace as long as peers are nice
Blend Test Chemist Intern (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHMarch 9, 2015
Really great work environment given the right set of peers. People are on the whole laid back, but can sometimes get fed up with the bureaucracy of the business. Managers don't hover around and aren't taskmasters. They trust the employees to get work done in a timely fashion. This actually makes people work harder at Lubrizol.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Short breaks
Best Place that I've ever been employed
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHFebruary 15, 2015
Lubrizol is an awesome place to work. The people there are friendly and helpful. I found myself learning new things daily.
Pros
fair policies, company gatherings, friendly workplace
Cons
Use of temps and contractors
Learned production and manufacturing
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAOctober 26, 2014
- Working as an intern.
- Working on the production floor with the Chemical Synthesis of the polymers.
- Working on the extruders for the processing of polymer.
- Working in the QA Lab for the testing of the processed polymers.
- Highly qualified engineers and technicians.
- Working in the QA was an enjoyable job.
Productive Supportive Work Environment
LIBRARY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OhioAugust 14, 2014
I worked for 13 years for The Lubrizol Corporation, A Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary and it was a fantastic experience. The corporate environment is very supportive of continuing education and encourages professional growth and advancement. Management is attuned to the needs of employees and work to create a positive work environment.
Pros
Excellent health and retirement benefits, subsidized education credits, health programs and immunizations available at no cost
A great learning Experience
Market Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHMay 30, 2014
Very good overall company. Great People to build contacts and friendships. Good Compensation for an intern. Work freedom for project. Great learning tools and resources of a large company
work experience.
A Company comprising of brightest minds of their domain, all eager to work together learn together and grow together
Intern (New Business Development) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2014
As an student intern - I feel it is a great place to work and grow. Managers of the company are great mentors. I got experience of working on different projects with different departments. Managers always keep you busy but also give you the space to be innovative and creative with your work. The company gives you ownership of the work you do. A great workplace to learn and continuously improve.
Is
IS Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 10, 2014
Worked in IS area. Overall good experience but the group I was in had too much turnover with managers.
A great place to learn SAP and polish up excel skills
Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TxFebruary 5, 2014
Lubrizol is a great company to work for. They provided me with great experience in the Supply Chain field.
Slow process but there is job security
IT (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJanuary 31, 2014
It's not the highest paying company but once you are an employee you have job security. They take care of their employees and like to promote from within.
Competitive workplace - constantly seeking motivated people
Personal Care Chemist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2014
It was a competitive place and being female didn't win me any friends. I was transferred to a new location after an acquisition and fell under new management with new peers and I had to constantly prove myself. I came over there as a reduced hour employee, 32.5 hrs/ week and they did not like this and refused to allow me to maintain these hours after returning from maternity leave.
I don't know
looking for job (Current Employee) –  looking for workAugust 26, 2013
when I started work for the day I would make sure all the tank's were wash and clean out and no dye's or color's was still in the pipe's.After I would make sure it was clean I would start making my pigment clear and vat clear. I would make up thousands of litter's or pound's of pigment's clear A shift.I would pump up old color into tank's so we could use the color again. After the old color was pump up I would add dye's into tank's to get the right shade so the color could be run on A new batch, I was also A color mixer where I could help when someone was falling behind there job or someone did not show up to work that day.
Pros
Cons
when we were cought up on or job that when we went on break