The Lynd Company Employee Reviews in United States

I liked the competitiveness
Property Manager, Northbrook Apartments (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 13, 2016
Long days and lot of repeats, but at the end day its worth the effort. Co workers were awesome. Great Management staff. Hardest part sometimes would be trying to get all residents what was needs. But due to office staff persistence, we were always able to meet resident needs.
worst company I have ever worked for.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2016
Always over worked and under staffed, its not what you know its who you know. I worked for them for over
6 yrs started as a porter and made it to lead maintenance. However lead was on a 1 man property and
It was so ghetto, was not allowed to go over budget ever so couldn't do my job right. Management would
Show apt before I could trash them, I could go on and on but won't.
I was injured on the job and required surgery was out for 15 months I also lived at a lynd prop
And the whole entire time I was trying to recuperate they were charging me late fees, I always had
My rent paid before they closed their books each month but yes I was late. Have you ever had to
Pay rent and utilities and all your other bills while on workman comp? Impossible. Then when I
Was cleared to go back to work by doctors the lynd co. Said I was re hire able but refused to give
Me a job which they had openings even 1 open where I lived. Then to make matters worse they kicked
Me out of my apt right after my surgery and I had to move from a second floor apt in with my daughter
By myself with 1 arm in a immobilized. WORST COMPANY EVER.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
The Worst of Many
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2016
This management company is horrible and disgusting to say the least. They take over and start uniforming everything and was so idiotic everyone. They have an 1980 type of directing and 2016 type of pay which is no raise, no team feel. The Regional I had was a cursing foul mouth, will stepbon your back to make himself look good.
I am glad that I wanted to leave.
So Run y'all.........
Pros
Cons
Everything imaginable!!!!!!!
Great company with awesome benefits
LEASING AGENT/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 8, 2015
This was a great job that allowed me to use my social skills everyday working with the public and marketing ideas. I was promoted to assistant property manger because of my hard work and consistency in leasing. My job performance was proven.
Pros
I learned alot of knowledge
Cons
n/a
Fun Family Friendly Job
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 4, 2015
I enjoy working with people and meeting new prospects. I enjoy providing excellent customer service to current as well as future tenants.
Pros
Schedule is perfect for a single parent such as myself
Cons
The salary and room to advance is not high.
Loved my job but didn't care for the management compaby
LEASING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Spring, TexasOctober 16, 2015
The Lynd Company was extremely disorganized and allowed personal relationships to interfere with business. They couldn't keep office staff so they hired teenage temporary agents which brought which caused more disorganization and low morale.
Pros
Classes to better your skills within the business.
Cons
Disorganization. Personal relationships interfering with business. Constant employee turnover.
Enjoyed working for the Lynd Co.
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
Very positive place to work. Lots of training which is very helpful when you are wanting to advance. The rules are very black and white nor do they show favorites. Would recommend working for the Lynd co to any one.
Never have I worked with people so horrible.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TxAugust 24, 2015
They say they aren't all about numbers, but they really are all about the numbers. New tenants were consistently promised things that were dependent on a maintenance staff that were under the gun to finish them at the last minute, things were always left incomplete due to the lack of time, and materials for proper repair.

With hard to please management, and corporate unhappy with the property, they continue to have high turnover within the maintenance staff. It makes a person wonder how much longer the finger can be pointed at the maintenance staff before the real problems are addressed.
Pros
You can watch your co-workers go back into their apartments after clocking in.
Cons
The pool wasn't even worth swimming in.
Run!
Assistant Community Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxApril 23, 2015
This company is all about who you know and who you are connected with. The only way to advance is if you are friends or a significant other to upper management. It doesn't matter how good you are at your job or how hard you work, you will get looked over. No commissions are given for renewals or move ins.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
There are no pros
Always something to do; Managers are terrible
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Virginia BeachMarch 29, 2015
My typical day of work consists of answering phones, assisting residents and new prospective residents. I also assisted with moving in new tenants, keeping in touch with maintenance to ensure proper apartment turns, and produce weekly reports that the job entailed. I answered emails and I produced ads on Craigslist, Forrent.com, Apartmentguide.com, and Rent.com.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Corrupt management- no structure
New to California company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 25, 2014
My positions consisted as the Leasing Agent, Assistant Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. My responsibility for the property was being in control of the properties budget (monthly and annually), leasing, processing bills, collecting rent, entering rent payments, market surveying, regional/owner weekly calls, collected data for my monthly variance reports, customer service has always been a primary focus, delegated projects for vendor, maintenance team and office staff.
Pros
upper management was hands on and mostly helpful
Cons
i was only with the company for a few months before it sold.
Just say NO!
Leasing Agebt (Former Employee) –  San AntonioOctober 22, 2014
Unprofessional environment and the company will cheat you out of your hard earned money!
Cons
everything
Amazing Company
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2014
Lynd is hands down the best company I have every had the pleasure of working for. The only reason that I am no longer with Lynd is that they sold all of their Jacksonville area properties.
Work here if you like to be micromanaged
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver COJuly 30, 2014
This company micromanages its employees to the nth degree. Employees cannot do anything on their own, and permission is needed for everything. You are limited as to what you can purchase for your property, and every petty-cash expenditure is scrutinized. If you attempt to institute an innovation or improvement, you will be penalized. Employees are given a Blackberry, and must carry it EVERYWHERE at ALL times. The company tracks your whereabouts, and can tell where you are at any moment. You are expected to answer this phone and all e-mails at any hour of the day or night. You cannot even change your e-mail "signature." All written communications with tenants must be pre-approved. I loved the property at which I worked and did a terrific job, but was made to feel very uncomfortable by the company, to the point that I finally resigned. In my opinion, the bosses were bullies, and I was brought to tears on several occasions for unjust criticism, when I was knocking myself out for the property.
Pros
average benefits
Cons
too many to mention, see review.
Good Place To Work
Operations (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasJuly 28, 2014
Good local company to work for. Gave me and others great opportunities to grow professionally and had the ability to put your own spin on the work.
Pros
small company feel
Cons
upper management changes
Overall nice place to work
Community Assistant/ Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 16, 2014
The Lynd Company was overall a nice place to work. The best part about the job was the relationships I was able to build with coworkers and residents.
What I Learned
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Altus, OklahomaApril 16, 2014
I learned how to make things work by not going over brudget. Company offers great benifits
maintain high occupancy by demonstrating the vaule in our properties
Leasing agent /Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  houston txMarch 12, 2014
effectively qualifies prospects verifies applications evalauate the needs of our customers while communicating the corresponding benefits
Worst ever
Leasing (Former Employee) –  Virginia beachFebruary 24, 2014
Low pay, no bonuses. Have to use your own car a lot! Offers low gas reimbursement. Company just cares about numbers and not employees. Wouldn't want my enemy working here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Leasing Agent
Leasing agent (Former Employee) –  Garland,TxJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day working as a leasing agent was interaccting with the teants .i learned how to do the managers job , going to courts,doing evictions .I enjoyed working with my coworkers.I enjoyed every part of the job especialy communicating with people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Lynd Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9