The M Resort Employee Reviews

Production on job.
Sou Chef / Kitchen Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2015
Working environment was awesome. Co workers helped each other a lot.
Team play through out the day.
Management was around but never solved problems.
Great co workers.
Hard part of the job is when business is swamped, running out of items, or food sitting for a long time or upset a customer.
But the most enjoyable part of the job is when everything is accomplished for the next shift.
Pros
one hour lunch with pay. tv room. free lunch.
Cons
great benefits.
Great resort and the best hotel rooms in the city.
Dual Rate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 8, 2014
I started at The M Resort a before opening and it was great. After Penn National Gaming took over in 2011 things went downhill. That said, I enjoyed every day there. The people I worked I with were the best and my Director was very accessible.
Pros
one meal per day, beautiful facility.
Cons
health care, and distance from home.
Miss working here!
Dual Rate Supervisor/Multi-Games Dealer-Dealt (Former Employee) –  Las VegasDecember 28, 2013
The first casino I actually looked forward to going to work for everyday. Bosses were very supportive of teaching new skills, exchanging ideas, and taking care of their dealers and floor personnel.
Pros
more upscale clientele
Cons
quality of employee food shifted
Great place to work!
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 19, 2013
I love working for The M Resort! HR, Player Services, the Front Desk Team, everyone is super friendly. It was truly a team orientated environment. I always hear great reviews from not only our guests but our employees.
Pros
great team, friendly staff, great compensation, great location
Cons
front desk director needs team development.
They need Michael Gaughn
Slot Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 28, 2013
The management doesn't treat, feed, or pay their workers the way Southpoint or GVR does. They don't promote from within, and departments are not properly staffed. They have few slot people and good luck finding a porter. They run people like dogs. Management demands 5 star everything, on 3 star pay, and 2 star benefits. GVR and Southpoint have better benefits. Southpoint pays better, and has a chef in their EDR. If you get a yearly raise, it's 20 or 30 cents.
Pros
line employees are great to work with
Cons
management is greedy. they only care about themselves.
Slot Tech M Resort Casino
Slot Technician (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 26, 2013
Slot Tech's shop, I check the e-mail for tonights project. Then I check the white board for any update procedures. I like to prepare ahead of time for any project, so I begin to fill out all the necessary paperwork. I have a brief meeting with the previous shift techs for any important information. I double check paperwork and confirm with manament regarding any questions pertaining work. Everyday is a new learning experience. Whether it's working with co-workers, guest, and management. I find it rewarding when a solutions is reach during complicated problems. Hardest part of the job is not having the games the guest wants to play. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it's never the same day. Same problem with games, guests, and management but not always the same solution.
Pros
continuous learning experience.
Cons
limited upper movement.
The M Resort is a MEMORABLE place to be!
Chuck Olivaro, General Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 14, 2013
The M Resort was my first opening and first job. I was able to learn so many new things here. The management was absolutely outstanding, as well as the co-workers. The property here is extremely beautiful and serves it's customers very well. Everything was productive about this system here. The most enjoyable part of this job was actually being there. It was fun, and the overall satisfaction of guests were high.
Pros
free paid lunch.
Cons
seasonal layoff (no advancement offered), pay.
Great workplace with core values instilled.
Aesthetician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2012
We are a boutique resort that caters to Las Vegas locals as well as tourists. The best part of my job is my clients, in which I build a relationship with and together we obtain their skin care goals as well as the relaxation they are in need of receiving. My clients come to relax due to their stress levels and creating an environment to rid them of that, yet not taking it on myself is the hardest part.
My 10 hour days consist of doing facials, body wraps, scrubs and makeup, keeping it diverse and never mundane. Our management has an open door policy and a full support system which encourages our team to perform at their best, enabling us to maintain our Forbes four star award.
Pros
full benefits, free meals and free treatments
Cons
its in the desert