The Madison Square Garden Company Employee Reviews

Fun group of people
Cash Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
My place of work was very diverse and excited, different age groups and different nationalities. Mostly dedicated and hard workers. New experience each day.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Mostly part time and seasonal positions
Exciting place to work
Guest Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2017
Exciting place to work and co workers are friendly and team players. Management is excellent. You get to work many different sports and concerts for free.
Pros
constant work
Cons
no benefits
Pro for part-time work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
Yes, the discounts and perks are awesome! But lack of organization and proper respect for one another (depending on department) needs major assistance. For part-time work it will do. Pay rate is ok.
Pros
Perks and discounts
Cons
attitude of full time staff and misguided leadership
Like any place....
Stand Level Supervisor (Food and Beverage) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
MSG is an interesting place to work. There are some events that I've gotten to work, that I'd never be able to see on my own.

The culture of the job is very cutthroat. Everyone is seemingly out for themselves, The job is all about who you know. Not only do you not advance unless you know someone, if you know the right person, discipline issues just melt away.
Really Love This Job Out Of All Places
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2017
This job is the most fun I've had working out of all my jobs, really fun work environment. I've learned so much from the company and love the people that I worked with throughout the years
Its okay
Merchandise Vendor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
I worked on a commission basis. Made $1000 plus some nights and made $100 some nights. You may work 5 days one week or 1 day. I sold merchandise around the arena
Upsetting
Group Entertainment Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
As a new employee at such a large company I expected to be treated as a professional. Since day one I never felt part of the MSG team. I was never treated with any respect as an employee. It was a toxic work environment with people leaving and being let go the day I got there. The hardest part of the job was being motivated to work hard for a company that treated its employees so poorly. Some of my co-workers were nice people who felt the same way. I had multiple bosses due to firings and management changes - There could not have been more of a lack of leadership from the top down.
It was more than anything disappointing to think that a place that is held at such a high regard to the public would be ran so poorly.

I am sorry to be so negative in my review but this was my experience at the company.
I love this company
Event Security (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
One of the best companies I've ever worked for. Very fun work enviorment, and management is very supportive. I would definitely recommend working here.
Great Internship Experience
Event Presentation Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
A great opportunity to get ones feet wet in the sports and entertainment industry. The intern program allowed for great exposure to management and mentors.
Company restructure shows ability to change and grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2017
Working at Madison Square Garden was an amazing experience. Every day I had an opportunity to meet hardworking and passionate people, learn new business skills, and challenge myself as an Administrative Assistant, supporting the Finance Department. I became very adept at the daily routine and found the corporate world to be enjoyable as well as fascinating. During my time there the company went public, installed a food court and remodeled many floors. This shows upper management is cognizant of ways to change and provide a better atmosphere for it's employees.
fun fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2017
Working at Madison Square Garden was a beautiful experience. Very fast paced environment so if you cant handle it dont work there. The food is great and the employees have a family environment.
Pros
free food, see celebrities
Cons
no breaks
Just a fun experience is exciting
Cook II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2017
Once Knicks and Ranger season begins the experience is nothing like it. Creating dishes from a famous chef. The job is not for everyone long hours and days when season full in swing.
Pros
Working for a company that is known
Cons
Have to make certain amount of hours and union don't heko
friendly and fun working environment
Staff Accountant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2017
Helping director finance regarding numerous bookkeeping task and accounts receivable task. I've learn about the basic operation of Oracle and Arctics. Task wasn't too difficult to complete. The good part of the job is that the daily work aren't that much of challenging.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
get off early
Fun place to work, customers complain about prices
Concessions Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2017
Assisted supervisor with set-up and breakdown of concession stand
Processed and served guest orders in a friendly and courteous manner, and restocked
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No consistent clean up practices among supervisors
Fantastic work environment
Spring Legal Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
The department is a great collection of professionals. They make every person feel welcome and treat the lowest level employees with the same respect as the CEO.
Exciting Company - Transition Period - Horrible Culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
MSG is going through a transitionary period that has greatly affected the company culture. Two years in the making and the changes seems to be injecting increased disgruntlement and making current employees jaded.
Pros
Resume builder, exciting atmosphere if teams are playing well
Cons
Career advancement, commensurate compensation, current culture
It is the world's most famous arena
Engineer/ Fire Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Working at Madison Square Garden was a privilege. Management was stern but friendly. Being in the entertainment side of this field was the biggest benefit.
Great part time job
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2017
Great flexibility if you are looking for part time work in a fun environment. You can make your own schedule and be part of many great events in the biggest arena in the world.
Pros
Make your own schedule see great and be part of great events
Cons
Seasonal
Very Produtive, and fun place to work
Vending Stand Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2017
Check inventory, make sure employees had proper uniform.
learned proper food handling. Great management , managed a diverse group of employees. Manage the intermission lines was the hardest part of the job.
what I enjoyed most was being able to see the game and concerts live.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
No health care and seasonal job
Desktop Engineer
Sccm administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2017
The environment was good.
IT staff worked well together
Great atmosphere to learn and grow within the IT department.
Management could be challenging at times
Great work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Madison Square Garden Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval