The Maids Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible place to work
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Merchantville, NJDecember 27, 2015
The management is horrible. Cars are unsafe and break down all the time. Vacuums never work and are dangerous and spark while using them. Could never reach manager if there was a problem . Sent into homes that were hazardous. Boss talked about employees to other employees. If you try to go over her head to corporate they will take her side and you will be fired. No one is trained properly. Boss lies about everything to everyone cutomers employees doesnt matter as long as she doesnt look bad. Theres no set hours but they ask you to be available til 4 then if we are working later and you need to get home for your kids she will write you up. Or she will tell you she will pick you up to get you back in time but never shows and says its not her problem. when youre hired she will say you will get close to 40 hours and get raises. Ha! Most weeks youre lucky if you get 25 hours. And a rasie? Forget it unless someone leaves or gets fired thats in a team lead postion you will never get a promotion or raise. Do not work here!
Pros
Monday thru friday
Cons
Very unprofessional dead end job.
house cleaner (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 29, 2016
Catty women poor management hard to please customers. Having the team clean in dangerous cities don't care if its late And you gotta get off.....they just don't care I worked with some idiots also...don't waste your time on this job.
Pros
Tips, no weekends
Cons
long hours, short breaks
It's a very difficult job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 15, 2015
If you have a decent understanding of the Spanish language and you love to clean then this is a job for you. If not, you're going to have a hard time. I had a very hard time learning the ropes here just because of the language barrier. I really didn't mind the type of work, I just feel like management didn't care to help me improve. Also, the only break you'd be getting is a 30-ish minute lunch break in the car. You don't get to sit down anywhere or anything like that. So overall the best thing I can say about this job is the pay was decent for the position and that's it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor break/lunch, poor managment
the company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHNovember 22, 2015
customers were the best part of the job. I loved most of my regulars. Tips were nice and the bonus check at the end of the year was fantastic. Loved most of the girls I worked with. Management was a different story.... No communication from them to the field workers but it was expected for us to communicate with them on changes. No lead by example.
Pros
meeting new people, helping those that need the help
Cons
management
Full time house keeper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2016
A typical day was to meet at the office, get your supplies together and load up. Going to the different houses and cleaning was very exciting to me just to be able to see the different ways of living styles. The ladies that I worked with were all very nice and pleasant to work with.
I think that the best thing that I learned was the different ways to clean and do it properly and efficiently.
I met many satisfied customers.
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 26, 2016
The owners of this company were exceptional. They were easy going and professional at the same time.I enjoyed driving to the customers homes and seeing their expressions when we finished. Some would leave us notes stating how much they appreciated our hard work. It was rewarding.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
When the equipment would break and we would have to wait for a replacement to be delivered.
Fun place to work
Housekeeper/ Maid (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 21, 2016
My day started at 8am and when I got off varies. I learned good communication skills. I loved the pay for the work that had to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it is time to get off.
Pros
Being promoted to Assistant Team Leader
Cons
short breaks and cleaning disgusting houses
Awful Company to Work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 20, 2015
I worked for this company for a year. I did enjoy a lot of the women I worked with, but the company itself was not flexible at all. They would write you up if you had to call out , even if you were sick and had a doctors note. I missed a lot of my children's school things because of fear of being written up. You were not given adequate time to complete cleanings in a lot of the homes. Then the customers would complain and you would get written up for complaints as well. If there was any type of emergency , they would have to call to the corporate office , then corporate office would have to contact your team and then you wait for someone from your branch to come pick you up . Some of the homes they sent you in were unsafe and a health risk.
Pros
Good Pay if you are a Team Leader, weekends off
Cons
no set amount of hours, poor management, not adequate time to clean
The Maids
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 28, 2016
The hours were long and did not pay enough. The crew and guest worked together like family, And learned to love one another.
Worst company EVER to work for...
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 14, 2015
If you want low wages, and extremely hard work, go work there. You're guaranteed to get on your hands and knees and scrub kitchen and bathroom floors. Big time OSHA violation. Management doesn't care, and is dismissive of their employees and their request for time off (i.e. going to a doctor's appointment is almost a sin). High turnover with people quitting on a weekly basis. The schedules changes from day to day, so you're unsure of what time you're getting off work. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone after my experience.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, micromanagement
very productive . friendly coworkers
assistant team leader (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 29, 2015
Their is ^ teams everyday at 8:30 teames would head out or task was to clean 4 houses to 5 sometimes less. depending on the day or what the office gave us. Everyone had a different function in each house. Ive learned alot of cleaning skills. Management and coworkers were awesome and understanding very friendly. First time cleans depending one how bad the house was was the hardest part of the job. I loved going to different homes and different towns seeing beautiful home.s and settings
Pros
seeing beautiful houses and meeting friendly customers you become to have a relationship with them.
Cons
healthcare
I learned a lot there , A fair manegment .
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 22, 2015
I truly loved learning another aspect of customer service! I also enjoyed working with new clients as well as the routine ones. I enjoyed leading a team , they taught me a lot . the different challenges on a day to day bases was another thing I loved about working for the maids !
Pros
very much a family enviroment, made life long friends, made me a more well rounded person.
Cons
I did not feel there was anymore room for me to grow
n/a
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 25, 2015
I really enjoy my job at The Maids. I encounter something different every day. It really is a good place to work. Management is very understanding and always does their best to work with you.
housekeeping jod
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 13, 2016
great place to work for pay was ok ,the people I worked with was great .would go back if I had to. They use organice cleaning suppliea so they are clean for the inviroment.
good place to work
Field Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 29, 2015
The Maids was a nice place to get to meet new people and travel all over when cleaning houses, You get to see new things and learn about news cleaning products.
Pros
Game days on friday for payday
Cons
good healthcare when needed
Good work experience, but with poor management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJuly 13, 2015
My time at The Maids helped me gain quality work experience. I learned how to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, with very high expectations. A typical day involved detailed and intense cleaning of homes and businesses-including deep cleaning of bathrooms, kitchens, dusting, and vacuuming.
Pros
Working with others
Cons
No benefits, high turnover rate made job very difficult
Quick passed fun workplace
Team Member/ Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North Hampton, NHOctober 21, 2015
Working as a team to accomplish the same goal is a great feeling. Working for a company that strictly cares about the customers they serve and provide the best customer service available also makes you feel like what you're doing means something and actually matters. You make lives easier.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
hard work
The Maids Rochester In A Word HORRIBLE!!!
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rochester NYMay 19, 2014
A typical Day: You are rushed and yelled at, there is no team work, the pay is pathetic, no benefits, OSHA rules are disregarded. You are made to break the law by speeding from job to job. I saw a Leader going 85 in 35 mph zone. Complaints were made and ignored. The work day dose not follow the rules, and changes from minute to minute.
What you Learn: Watch your back
Management: The office Manager is bi-polar. Sometimes nice, sometimes screaming and pounding her desk. She punishes by cutting your hours.
Your Co-workers: Are back stabbers and do not help you. The just report back that you make mistakes, and you yelled at by the office manager. LOUDLY
The Hardest Part of the day: Taking the abuse
The most enjoyable part of the day: Leaving
Great hours for those who want to work m-f
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaFebruary 24, 2015
Overall I had a pretty fun time working at the Maids. Typically an easy job and enjoyable coworkers. Management does a good job mediating situations and taking care of problems.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
no benefits
A very fast paced work environment lots of traveling
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHMay 22, 2015
Teams travel from house to house cleaning top to bottom. It was always hard to have a new person who is not trained in the 22 step process and having a full work day. I got great pleasure putting smiles on my clients face after cleaning their homes. Management in my opinion is not professional in the way they talk to and treat their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Maids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4