The Maids Employee Reviews

the manager wasnt not together
Team Member (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 20, 2017
work here was a headache things was never togethe. they didnt know how to keep things business like. and we did to much to get paid so little. need more help with teams getting things together
Hard working ladies who care about their jobs
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 15, 2017
This is a small company with 6 branches, that care about their customers and the service they are receiving. They follow up with a customer after a cleaning to see if the customer was satisfied. If the customer was not satisfied, they will do several different thing to insure satisfaction of their customer.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
short lunch, long days
Pitiful
Maid (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 8, 2017
Very rude and unorganized sorry workers as well as the managers I would not recommend this job to a friend.They dont care about the workers they only care about themselves and the money that the WORKERS help bring in
For younger Adults
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AL 36117August 2, 2017
Enjoy customers. a lot of favoritism in the office. No room to move up in the company. Need to have more hands on training and reward the teams a job well done.
Pros
Cons
no growth in the company
Hardwork and no benefits
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2017
The maids is by far the worst company i have ever worked for. The management is terrible, hours vary, zero benefits, minimum wage for backbreaking work and not to mention all the catty women employees.. Just terrible but its a job if you need one.
A place to earn a check.
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
Some practices were not fair. I was not able to earn sick-time and would have a short check when I had to call off sick. I was sometimes unable to make ends meet when my check was shortened because I had to call off for being sick.
Pros
Earn a check
Cons
No sick-time earned
Eeeh.
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Levittown, PAJuly 19, 2017
If you only speak english and are trying to get a job here it will be hard. The service in Levittown is riddled with people that only speak Spanish. I found that the job is a little unfair in pay. But it does pay every week. Every day is a different amount of hours, usually clean about 3 or 4 houses a day. Teams are usually 3 or 4 people. The breaks are short, one lunch break and if you are a smoker they dont really compensate for that. The only time is basically on lunch which is also, a different time every day. You can obviously tell that there is favouritism, and the management does not really deal with problems or concerns with their employees. Their training is all over the place.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Basically every thing.
Unenjoyable for no reason
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2017
I enjoyed working housekeeping, however this company made this type of work hard for no reason. They tried to make it a contest between teams by giving different groups different opportunities. The company only paid minimum wage no matter the experience or how hard you worked. also taxed tips..
Welcoming
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 13, 2017
Nice well meaning people. All about team work, But don't always work like it. Need more communication between employees. Need more structure/actions and procedure to maintain a better working environment. Loved being one of there employees as well as my manager. Thank you! Gained lost of experience.
Great experience
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Former Employee) –  Medway, MAJuly 13, 2017
I started working for this company a few years ago because I could not find anything else for myself. I did not think at the time that I was going to spend multiple years of my life working with this company but I worked hard and dedicated my days to making sure my customers were satisfied and before I knew it I was promoted, and then again until I was promoted to being a CSM. I started learning some really valuable things while I was in the office. I got to work with many different cultures, travel and meet new people. Overall it was a great experience being able to help people the way that I did.
Pros
No weekends!
Time Management
Commercial and Residential Professional Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 27, 2017
Worked in a team of 4. assigned regularly schedule house cleaning. I learned that communicating with sign language and words combined can be successful. No manager. The culture was highly dysfunctional. Hardest was getting the best time to complete the cleaning with quality. Being recognized by customers on my cleaning skills
Pros
cleaning with great intentions
Cons
language barrier
Fun place to work
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse wiJune 26, 2017
The most interesting part about working at The Maids, we always had fun. There was never a dull moment. Everyone was able to get along and make the day productive and exciting.
cleaning job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 4, 2017
it was good to work for a company that really cared about their customers. the only thing that I did not like about the job was that they expected us to work in any condition and neglect our own family for their customers.
Worst place to work!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 2, 2017
Never in my life have I worked for such a fraudulent company. They don't pay you for the hours you work. Management is absolutely horrible. Your trained to "do the system" however that's completely false. Customer's do not realize that their paying for something promised, yet their getting a half assed job depending on the team you work with. Their snakes and the company will take advantage of you as much and they possibly can.
Pros
Cons
Working off the clock and low pay.
Great hours
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 30, 2017
The job is easy to do once learned, the hours are fair and if needed they will give you overtime or vise-versa if needed they will give you they days you ask off. Very flexible company.
Love it
Maid (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2017
Very well place to work I love the workers everyone gives there best to keep up the work place and do the very best at there job will love to return my boss is the best
Pros
Big lunch area
Cons
Some different sin guest but handled well
Very Stressful work environment, with low morale
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 15, 2017
Very mean workers, with very poor management. Then training is poorly done, then they blame you for it. They gossip more then they care to work, making everyone feel less than.
Pros
snacks, early days
Cons
horrible cleaning products, low standard teamwork
Again, when I was hired I was told I would have 35-40 hours & that was not the case.
House cleaner (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 15, 2017
The company expected perfection in every house we cleaned.Equipnent needed to be replaced. A cheap company to work for.I was not impressed.
The women I worked with on the cleaning crew swore allot in the car on way to houses. Just not a good job for me.
Its okay i guess
Residential housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2017
This place was good before new management.the pay was 8.35 an hr beats a blank and here the customer is right even when they are wrong..wouldnt recommend you clean on your hands and knees
Fun enviroment!
Co-owner and President (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 21, 2017
It was a great company to work for. Being the owner and president of this company taught me many skills. Skills I know will be beneficial to me in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Maids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5