THE MAIDS Employee Reviews

housekeeping jod
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 13, 2016
great place to work for pay was ok ,the people I worked with was great .would go back if I had to. They use organice cleaning suppliea so they are clean for the inviroment.
good place to work
Field Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 29, 2015
The Maids was a nice place to get to meet new people and travel all over when cleaning houses, You get to see new things and learn about news cleaning products.
Pros
Game days on friday for payday
Cons
good healthcare when needed
Terrible place to work
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Merchantville, NJDecember 27, 2015
The management is horrible. Cars are unsafe and break down all the time. Vacuums never work and are dangerous and spark while using them. Could never reach manager if there was a problem . Sent into homes that were hazardous. Boss talked about employees to other employees. If you try to go over her head to corporate they will take her side and you will be fired. No one is trained properly. Boss lies about everything to everyone cutomers employees doesnt matter as long as she doesnt look bad. Theres no set hours but they ask you to be available til 4 then if we are working later and you need to get home for your kids she will write you up. Or she will tell you she will pick you up to get you back in time but never shows and says its not her problem. when youre hired she will say you will get close to 40 hours and get raises. Ha! Most weeks youre lucky if you get 25 hours. And a rasie? Forget it unless someone leaves or gets fired thats in a team lead postion you will never get a promotion or raise. Do not work here!
Pros
Monday thru friday
the company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHNovember 22, 2015
customers were the best part of the job. I loved most of my regulars. Tips were nice and the bonus check at the end of the year was fantastic. Loved most of the girls I worked with. Management was a different story.... No communication from them to the field workers but it was expected for us to communicate with them on changes. No lead by example.
Pros
meeting new people, helping those that need the help
Cons
management
I learned a lot there , A fair manegment .
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 22, 2015
I truly loved learning another aspect of customer service! I also enjoyed working with new clients as well as the routine ones. I enjoyed leading a team , they taught me a lot . the different challenges on a day to day bases was another thing I loved about working for the maids !
Pros
very much a family enviroment, made life long friends, made me a more well rounded person.
Cons
I did not feel there was anymore room for me to grow
n/a
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 25, 2015
I really enjoy my job at The Maids. I encounter something different every day. It really is a good place to work. Management is very understanding and always does their best to work with you.
Quick passed fun workplace
Team Member/ Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North Hampton, NHOctober 21, 2015
Working as a team to accomplish the same goal is a great feeling. Working for a company that strictly cares about the customers they serve and provide the best customer service available also makes you feel like what you're doing means something and actually matters. You make lives easier.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
hard work
It's a very difficult job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 15, 2015
If you have a decent understanding of the Spanish language and you love to clean then this is a job for you. If not, you're going to have a hard time. I had a very hard time learning the ropes here just because of the language barrier. I really didn't mind the type of work, I just feel like management didn't care to help me improve. Also, the only break you'd be getting is a 30-ish minute lunch break in the car. You don't get to sit down anywhere or anything like that. So overall the best thing I can say about this job is the pay was decent for the position and that's it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor break/lunch, poor managment
lONG HARD DAYS WITH MEAN WOMEN
MAID (Former Employee) –  WEST CHESTER,OHIOSeptember 12, 2015
UGH. IT'S NOT THAT GOOD PLACE TO WORK. I WOULD ONLY WORK THERE IF DESPERATE. THE GIRLS WERE ALL CATTY AND THEY ALL SURROUNDED YOU IN THE MORNING. ONCE YOU LEFT, YOU STILL HAD TO PUT UP WITH THREE OF THEM AND THEY WOULD ALL TALK ABOUT THE OTHER TEAMS.
Pros
USE OF THEIR VEHICLE, HAVING A JOB
Cons
ALMOST EVERYTHING
Awful Company to Work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 20, 2015
I worked for this company for a year. I did enjoy a lot of the women I worked with, but the company itself was not flexible at all. They would write you up if you had to call out , even if you were sick and had a doctors note. I missed a lot of my children's school things because of fear of being written up. You were not given adequate time to complete cleanings in a lot of the homes. Then the customers would complain and you would get written up for complaints as well. If there was any type of emergency , they would have to call to the corporate office , then corporate office would have to contact your team and then you wait for someone from your branch to come pick you up . Some of the homes they sent you in were unsafe and a health risk.
Pros
Good Pay if you are a Team Leader, weekends off
Cons
no set amount of hours, poor management, not adequate time to clean
Good work experience, but with poor management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJuly 13, 2015
My time at The Maids helped me gain quality work experience. I learned how to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, with very high expectations. A typical day involved detailed and intense cleaning of homes and businesses-including deep cleaning of bathrooms, kitchens, dusting, and vacuuming.
Pros
Working with others
Cons
No benefits, high turnover rate made job very difficult
very productive . friendly coworkers
assistant team leader (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 29, 2015
Their is ^ teams everyday at 8:30 teames would head out or task was to clean 4 houses to 5 sometimes less. depending on the day or what the office gave us. Everyone had a different function in each house. Ive learned alot of cleaning skills. Management and coworkers were awesome and understanding very friendly. First time cleans depending one how bad the house was was the hardest part of the job. I loved going to different homes and different towns seeing beautiful home.s and settings
Pros
seeing beautiful houses and meeting friendly customers you become to have a relationship with them.
Cons
healthcare
To work for a company that will enhance my skills and provide the opportunity for professional growth.
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAJune 10, 2015
1. Ensure that all kitchen appliances such as microwaves

2.change linen and beds

3. ensure that carpets are vacuumed

4. empty waste bins

5.dust windows blinds

6.wash down bathrooms
Very unprofessional place of work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 31, 2015
Typical day at The Maids was filled with hard work. Also there was too much drama for my liking, which made the day longer. The field manager would pick favorites. If she decided she didn't like you she would go back to the boss and twist situations to her advantage. Which in my opinion is very unprofessional. The hardest part of the job was that it was very physical. Most of our equipment never worked right. And half of the vacuums they provided us were a safety hazard. They would spark while using them. There were some enjoyable parts though. For the most part it was very laid back and you never work weekends or holidays. But overall it's a company that you be looked at a little more closely.
Pros
No weekend or holiday work
Cons
Too much drama and favoritism
A very fast paced work environment lots of traveling
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHMay 22, 2015
Teams travel from house to house cleaning top to bottom. It was always hard to have a new person who is not trained in the 22 step process and having a full work day. I got great pleasure putting smiles on my clients face after cleaning their homes. Management in my opinion is not professional in the way they talk to and treat their employees.
Excellent team
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 18, 2015
Team members make this company enjoyable to work for. This company has a lot of ups and downs. It's all about making the customer happy at the end of the day.
would not recommend!
House Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 16, 2015
Their is alot of favoritism with the manager and owner and how they reward, treat and discipline their employees. Its more of a family free for all there. The pay is minimum wage with or without experience which they lead you to believe upon employment. They take money out of your pay check if your drive time exceeds their expectations and for other reasons. Not loyal to dedicated employees. Promote new employees over ones that have been there longer. Manager is very unprofessional, nasty attitude. Was not truthful about policies in contract. READ EVERY LINE, DONT TRUST THEM TO TELL YOU WHAT IS STATED! I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Pretty much everything
great co workers
Clean Tech/Manager (Former Employee) –  phila paMarch 30, 2015
get to job on time and after having a company meeting. proceed to prepare company car for scheduled jobs and proceed to jobs. when arriving to jobs make contact with customers and complete assignment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad manament
Fun Place To work
Director/Operations Manger (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INMarch 16, 2015
This was a summer job so it could be in the heat.

Always something to learn, mowing, painting, dry wall.

window replacement.
Cons
hot summers
Worst company EVER to work for...
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 14, 2015
If you want low wages, and extremely hard work, go work there. You're guaranteed to get on your hands and knees and scrub kitchen and bathroom floors. Big time OSHA violation. Management doesn't care, and is dismissive of their employees and their request for time off (i.e. going to a doctor's appointment is almost a sin). High turnover with people quitting on a weekly basis. The schedules changes from day to day, so you're unsure of what time you're getting off work. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone after my experience.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, micromanagement