THE MAIDS

THE MAIDS Employee Reviews

very productive . friendly coworkers
assistant team leader (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAJune 29, 2015
Pros: seeing beautiful houses and meeting friendly customers you become to have a relationship with them.
Cons: healthcare
Their is ^ teams everyday at 8:30 teames would head out or task was to clean 4 houses to 5 sometimes less. depending on the day or what the office gave us. Everyone had a different function in each house. Ive learned alot of cleaning skills. Management and coworkers were awesome and understanding very friendly. First time cleans depending one how bad the house was was the hardest part of the job. I loved going to different homes and different towns seeing beautiful home.s and settings
To work for a company that will enhance my skills and provide the opportunity for professional growth.
housekeeper (Current Employee), Danville, CAJune 10, 2015
1. Ensure that all kitchen appliances such as microwaves

2.change linen and beds

3. ensure that carpets are vacuumed

4. empty waste bins

5.dust windows blinds

6.wash down bathrooms
Very unprofessional place of work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 31, 2015
Pros: No weekend or holiday work
Cons: Too much drama and favoritism
Typical day at The Maids was filled with hard work. Also there was too much drama for my liking, which made the day longer. The field manager would pick favorites. If she decided she didn't like you she would go back to the boss and twist situations to her advantage. Which in my opinion is very unprofessional. The hardest part of the job was that it was very physical. Most of our equipment never worked right. And half of the vacuums they provided us were a safety hazard. They would spark while using them. There were some enjoyable parts though. For the most part it was very laid back and you never work weekends or holidays. But overall it's a company that you be looked at a little more closely.
A very fast paced work environment lots of traveling
Team Leader (Former Employee), Bedford, OHMay 22, 2015
Teams travel from house to house cleaning top to bottom. It was always hard to have a new person who is not trained in the 22 step process and having a full work day. I got great pleasure putting smiles on my clients face after cleaning their homes. Management in my opinion is not professional in the way they talk to and treat their employees.
Excellent team
Receptionist (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAMay 18, 2015
Team members make this company enjoyable to work for. This company has a lot of ups and downs. It's all about making the customer happy at the end of the day.
would not recommend!
House Cleaning (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 16, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Pretty much everything
Their is alot of favoritism with the manager and owner and how they reward, treat and discipline their employees. Its more of a family free for all there. The pay is minimum wage with or without experience which they lead you to believe upon employment. They take money out of your pay check if your drive time exceeds their expectations and for other reasons. Not loyal to dedicated employees. Promote new employees over ones that have been there longer. Manager is very unprofessional, nasty attitude. Was not truthful about policies in contract. READ EVERY LINE, DONT TRUST THEM TO TELL YOU WHAT IS STATED! I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
great co workers
Clean Tech/Manager (Former Employee), phila paMarch 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: bad manament
get to job on time and after having a company meeting. proceed to prepare company car for scheduled jobs and proceed to jobs. when arriving to jobs make contact with customers and complete assignment.
Fun Place To work
Director/Operations Manger (Former Employee), Greencastle, INMarch 16, 2015
Cons: hot summers
This was a summer job so it could be in the heat.

Always something to learn, mowing, painting, dry wall.

window replacement.
Worst company EVER to work for...
Housekeeper (Former Employee), FloridaMarch 14, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Short breaks, no benefits, micromanagement
If you want low wages, and extremely hard work, go work there. You're guaranteed to get on your hands and knees and scrub kitchen and bathroom floors. Big time OSHA violation. Management doesn't care, and is dismissive of their employees and their request for time off (i.e. going to a doctor's appointment is almost a sin). High turnover with people quitting on a weekly basis. The schedules changes from day to day, so you're unsure of what time you're getting off work. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone after my experience.
Great hours for those who want to work m-f
Team Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: no benefits
Overall I had a pretty fun time working at the Maids. Typically an easy job and enjoyable coworkers. Management does a good job mediating situations and taking care of problems.
i enjoyed my work place
supervior (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: meet new people
Cons: no medical insuance
i would load the car then get team together go to houses tell the girls what thier duties were sing in on our sheet n clean the house check thier work . load car go to next house and clean this would go on all day.then at the end of the day take everything out of car sing out fill buckets then go home.our manager was bobbie . she became of freind of mine thur the yrs n we r still friends.the harest part of the job is tryong to make everyone happy.the most enjoyable part i would say is to meet new people
terrible place to work
housekeeping (Former Employee), kerr avenue, Wilmington ncJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: i loved the girls i worked with
Cons: everything
They don't trust you, they belittle you and treat you like a kid. Never complement you or show appreciation. Owners sit at office and watch computer to see your every move.If you make a wrong turn they immediately call you! Noone is properly trained. You watch videos and then one person trains you for two days! Out of 15 employees I only no of 5 that like working there. No benefits, only 3 paid holidays – more... which they only give you 7 house for. The pay is not the same for everyone in the same position.
I was never written up in the five months I was there, but was let go! At Christmas the owners sent out a letter telling clients they could tip by credit card or check but in bold letters ask them not to give us cash, then our tips got split between 13 girls instead of 4. We are not supposed to use clients restroom but when the owner came to review our quality in a house he used the clients restroom. I'm not saying I'm perfect, I am 52 years old and cleaning four big house a day is very hard work but I had no warning. – less
Easy Going & Approachable Work Atmosphere
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee), North Andover, MAJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day at work would begin by making sure all the equipment is ready for the day. Once that is done, my assistant will load the vehicle while I look over the customer list for the day ahead. After all is said and done the day will begin, all four girls including myself make our way to the first customer of the day. While in the home each girl knows the function they must perform in order to get the home clean to the customers standards. At the end of the clean I as the supervisor will inspect the home making sure all things are back in their rightful places & the clean is up to The Maids way of cleaning. These actions will carry out throughout the day until we are finished, & we end up back at the office, preparing for the next day in front of us.
An overall career setback
Cleaning Crew (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: easy to get
Cons: management, hours, pay
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know you customers and your team. Though a LOT of the customers were ungrateful and thought of most of the woman cleaning their house as actual servants, the occasional satisfied customer was a great accomplishment. A typical day at work includes getting to work between 8 AM and 8:15 AM and not knowing what time you are going to get off. When you get – more... to work your managers not only judge your appearance off of your uniform but down you your socks and how long your ponytail is (though never mentioned in dress code) They will change the rules to make you fit the criteria and will threaten to write you up for it next time. You get in a barely maintained vehicle with your team leader or whoever they "approve" to drive, who may or may not be a safe driver. You are on your hands and knees for majority of the day so your body WILL be sore. This is not a workout, it's cleaning and you will feel it in the morning. It's necessary for you to keep pain killers on you. Also, you will be dealing with lots of pets. This can be good or bad depending on the nature on the animal. I have been on a team that was attacked by animals and told to go in the house and clean anyway. (I've also been told to find another entrance to the home through a window or another door when the owner is not home or forgets to leave a key.) Your coworkers are based on how well people work together. In most cases you have one person on the team who is VERY close to management and they will make it a point to meet with them every afternoon to speak on what is going on with everyone on the team. This is a private conversation about how everyone is working or any issues with teammates without rest on the team present. It is best to keep your general and personal business to yourself because the managers are invasive. They also dock your pay 15 cents for just about anything. I will say that I had great days with most teams and I had some awesome customers that I grew to really enjoy being in their homes. But I was switched around a lot and this made it harder for me to change gears sometimes. At the end of the day when you finish your schedule you don't know whether you will be able to go home or if you will have 2 or 3 more hours. (You could finish your schedule at 5:30PM and get sent to another house scheduled for a 3 hour cleaning. Which means the numbers on your checks will vary vastly. With these hours you will NOT be able to do much outside of work. If you have kids you will not be able to pick them up and probably won't be home in time to cook dinner. They advertise no nights and weekends but you learn that there's is a possibility for both. This also doesn't leave much time for you to take care of your health. They expect you to do everything on the weekends and you WILL be punished for take days off for the doctor whether or not you have an excuse. If you do want the opportunity for advancement you will have to spend plenty of time around your managers. No matter how well you clean they need to know that you will do whatever it takes "to be the best cleaning service and have fun doing it." – less
a nice friendly enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Stanton, DEJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free breakfasts, and sometimes free lunches, and bbq
Cons: sometimes short hours
cleaning customers homes with a team of four every team members was assign a job duty which included bathrooms,kitchen,dusting,are vacuum. I was the supervisor in charge so im responsible to check after all team members once the work has been completed,my job was to make sure that the customers homes were 100% clean
Its very productive, and fun working with others
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Levittown, PAOctober 24, 2014
I drove house to house to provide cleaning service.I learned to clean the way the company wanted me to clean. my coworkers we're team player. It was a good experience.
If you want low pay and to be verbally assaulted this is the place for you
Maid (Former Employee), Lyell aveOctober 15, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: low pay, unpredictable hours, horrible management
This was the most terrible work experience I have ever come across.
Don't ever get on the boss's bad side,she will scream at you endlessly as if you are less them human, and she will punish you by cutting your hours.(I once got my hours cut for simply asking for a work day off so i could attend a doctors appointment). A typical morning at work was everyone scrambling around unorganized, and rushed – more... into work jeeps. Or sometimes you would attend morning meetings, where everyone was yelled at and called childish.Hours are unpredictable, you never know what time you will be coming home. So it is impossible to work there and attend school at the same time. The pay is extremely low, for the amount of physical work you do. Everyone is extremely unprofessional and will throw you under the bus any chance they get. It is very stressful trying to make it in time to each house. Customers are nice for the most part. Most notes for customers homes are all out of date and poorly written. If this company was under new management I am sure things would improve. – less
Friendly Environment!
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 10, 2014
I enjoy cleaning & making people smile when they see the organization & fresh smell of there home.
pay well
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2014
loved the job payed great. just that there was no way in advanceing.
I get along well with co workers
Domestic Technician (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: the homes are very nice and most just need general cleaning
Cons: getting on my knees
My typical day will involve cleaning several different homes on each day of the week; Each day I will be assigned an area to clean which I have been trained to perform; I get along well with my co workers; the hardest part of the job is getting on my knees; the most enjoyable part of the job is most jobs are well kept and need general cleaning.

1 2 3 4

About THE MAIDS

We are The Maids®, a professional housekeeping company that provides residential cleaning services throughout the country. – Read more

THE MAIDS Salaries