The Maids Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Merchantville, NJDecember 27, 2015
The management is horrible. Cars are unsafe and break down all the time. Vacuums never work and are dangerous and spark while using them. Could never reach manager if there was a problem . Sent into homes that were hazardous. Boss talked about employees to other employees. If you try to go over her head to corporate they will take her side and you will be fired. No one is trained properly. Boss lies about everything to everyone cutomers employees doesnt matter as long as she doesnt look bad. Theres no set hours but they ask you to be available til 4 then if we are working later and you need to get home for your kids she will write you up. Or she will tell you she will pick you up to get you back in time but never shows and says its not her problem. when youre hired she will say you will get close to 40 hours and get raises. Ha! Most weeks youre lucky if you get 25 hours. And a rasie? Forget it unless someone leaves or gets fired thats in a team lead postion you will never get a promotion or raise. Do not work here!
Pros
Monday thru friday
Cons
Very unprofessional dead end job.
house cleaner (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 29, 2016
Catty women poor management hard to please customers. Having the team clean in dangerous cities don't care if its late And you gotta get off.....they just don't care I worked with some idiots also...don't waste your time on this job.
Pros
Tips, no weekends
Cons
long hours, short breaks
Full time house keeper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2016
A typical day was to meet at the office, get your supplies together and load up. Going to the different houses and cleaning was very exciting to me just to be able to see the different ways of living styles. The ladies that I worked with were all very nice and pleasant to work with.
I think that the best thing that I learned was the different ways to clean and do it properly and efficiently.
Great employees
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GASeptember 11, 2016
We prepared to go to the first stop to clean the customers household by loading the vehicle with enough supplies to last us the entire day. How to really safely clean a home. Management was very nice.
Pros
Employees
Cons
The pay
Stressful job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hts, OHMay 18, 2016
We could be out in the field cleaning homes and the owner sometimes added another home to the 4-5 homes you had to already clean. It made it hard on all of us who had families and appointments that we would have to cancel. I loved seeing my customers every week. Seeing them happy with our services made me very happy.
It's a very difficult job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 15, 2015
If you have a decent understanding of the Spanish language and you love to clean then this is a job for you. If not, you're going to have a hard time. I had a very hard time learning the ropes here just because of the language barrier. I really didn't mind the type of work, I just feel like management didn't care to help me improve. Also, the only break you'd be getting is a 30-ish minute lunch break in the car. You don't get to sit down anywhere or anything like that. So overall the best thing I can say about this job is the pay was decent for the position and that's it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor break/lunch, poor managment
the company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHNovember 22, 2015
customers were the best part of the job. I loved most of my regulars. Tips were nice and the bonus check at the end of the year was fantastic. Loved most of the girls I worked with. Management was a different story.... No communication from them to the field workers but it was expected for us to communicate with them on changes. No lead by example.
Pros
meeting new people, helping those that need the help
Cons
management
Fun place to work
Housekeeper/ Maid (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 21, 2016
My day started at 8am and when I got off varies. I learned good communication skills. I loved the pay for the work that had to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it is time to get off.
Pros
Being promoted to Assistant Team Leader
Cons
short breaks and cleaning disgusting houses
The Maids
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 28, 2016
The hours were long and did not pay enough. The crew and guest worked together like family, And learned to love one another.
I met many satisfied customers.
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 26, 2016
The owners of this company were exceptional. They were easy going and professional at the same time.I enjoyed driving to the customers homes and seeing their expressions when we finished. Some would leave us notes stating how much they appreciated our hard work. It was rewarding.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
When the equipment would break and we would have to wait for a replacement to be delivered.
Awful Company to Work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 20, 2015
I worked for this company for a year. I did enjoy a lot of the women I worked with, but the company itself was not flexible at all. They would write you up if you had to call out , even if you were sick and had a doctors note. I missed a lot of my children's school things because of fear of being written up. You were not given adequate time to complete cleanings in a lot of the homes. Then the customers would complain and you would get written up for complaints as well. If there was any type of emergency , they would have to call to the corporate office , then corporate office would have to contact your team and then you wait for someone from your branch to come pick you up . Some of the homes they sent you in were unsafe and a health risk.
Pros
Good Pay if you are a Team Leader, weekends off
Cons
no set amount of hours, poor management, not adequate time to clean
Worst company EVER to work for...
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 14, 2015
If you want low wages, and extremely hard work, go work there. You're guaranteed to get on your hands and knees and scrub kitchen and bathroom floors. Big time OSHA violation. Management doesn't care, and is dismissive of their employees and their request for time off (i.e. going to a doctor's appointment is almost a sin). High turnover with people quitting on a weekly basis. The schedules changes from day to day, so you're unsure of what time you're getting off work. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone after my experience.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, micromanagement
very productive . friendly coworkers
assistant team leader (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 29, 2015
Their is ^ teams everyday at 8:30 teames would head out or task was to clean 4 houses to 5 sometimes less. depending on the day or what the office gave us. Everyone had a different function in each house. Ive learned alot of cleaning skills. Management and coworkers were awesome and understanding very friendly. First time cleans depending one how bad the house was was the hardest part of the job. I loved going to different homes and different towns seeing beautiful home.s and settings
Pros
seeing beautiful houses and meeting friendly customers you become to have a relationship with them.
Cons
healthcare
The Maids Rochester In A Word HORRIBLE!!!
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rochester NYMay 19, 2014
A typical Day: You are rushed and yelled at, there is no team work, the pay is pathetic, no benefits, OSHA rules are disregarded. You are made to break the law by speeding from job to job. I saw a Leader going 85 in 35 mph zone. Complaints were made and ignored. The work day dose not follow the rules, and changes from minute to minute.
What you Learn: Watch your back
Management: The office Manager is bi-polar. Sometimes nice, sometimes screaming and pounding her desk. She punishes by cutting your hours.
Your Co-workers: Are back stabbers and do not help you. The just report back that you make mistakes, and you yelled at by the office manager. LOUDLY
The Hardest Part of the day: Taking the abuse
The most enjoyable part of the day: Leaving
I learned a lot there , A fair manegment .
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 22, 2015
I truly loved learning another aspect of customer service! I also enjoyed working with new clients as well as the routine ones. I enjoyed leading a team , they taught me a lot . the different challenges on a day to day bases was another thing I loved about working for the maids !
Pros
very much a family enviroment, made life long friends, made me a more well rounded person.
Cons
I did not feel there was anymore room for me to grow
n/a
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 25, 2015
I really enjoy my job at The Maids. I encounter something different every day. It really is a good place to work. Management is very understanding and always does their best to work with you.
housekeeping jod
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 13, 2016
great place to work for pay was ok ,the people I worked with was great .would go back if I had to. They use organice cleaning suppliea so they are clean for the inviroment.
good place to work
Field Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 29, 2015
The Maids was a nice place to get to meet new people and travel all over when cleaning houses, You get to see new things and learn about news cleaning products.
Pros
Game days on friday for payday
Cons
good healthcare when needed
Good work experience, but with poor management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJuly 13, 2015
My time at The Maids helped me gain quality work experience. I learned how to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, with very high expectations. A typical day involved detailed and intense cleaning of homes and businesses-including deep cleaning of bathrooms, kitchens, dusting, and vacuuming.
Pros
Working with others
Cons
No benefits, high turnover rate made job very difficult
Do Not recommend working here!
Team member (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TennesseeFebruary 15, 2013
Worked here for a while but it really got old having to deal with co-workers that were really slow and you had to take up for there slack and do triple the work all day long and knowing that they were doing this intentional because they knew others would have to finish there functions what really would make me furious is that some were slow because they would smoke pot in the mornings!! also you had to deal with employees that would be trouble makers and cry babies! also i felt like that a lot of the time customers were getting ripped off cleaning that the customers pay for a lot of the time does not get done! to me that is stealing! management knows about all of this and of course nothing is being done about it! I was so over the he said she said stuff I wanted to do things the right way and turn my two weeks notice in (cause that is how i was raised w/morals)
and when i did tell management that i was going to turn my two week notice in she started screaming and yelling at me acting CRAZY!!! so i did not feel like dealing with all of this DRAMA and did the mature thing and just left!! Sad to say but they have lost several real good hardworking dedicated employees over these actions you think that they would put a stop to this that way there would not be a revolving door of employees coming and going!!
Pros
like 20% of the co-workers
Cons
short breaks, low pay, never know what hrs. your going to get.

2.4