The Maids Employee Reviews

Love it
Maid (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2017
Very well place to work I love the workers everyone gives there best to keep up the work place and do the very best at there job will love to return my boss is the best
Pros
Big lunch area
Cons
Some different sin guest but handled well
Very Stressful work environment, with low morale
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 15, 2017
Very mean workers, with very poor management. Then training is poorly done, then they blame you for it. They gossip more then they care to work, making everyone feel less than.
Pros
snacks, early days
Cons
horrible cleaning products, low standard teamwork
Again, when I was hired I was told I would have 35-40 hours & that was not the case.
House cleaner (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 15, 2017
The company expected perfection in every house we cleaned.Equipnent needed to be replaced. A cheap company to work for.I was not impressed.
The women I worked with on the cleaning crew swore allot in the car on way to houses. Just not a good job for me.
Its okay i guess
Residential housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2017
This place was good before new management.the pay was 8.35 an hr beats a blank and here the customer is right even when they are wrong..wouldnt recommend you clean on your hands and knees
Fun enviroment!
Co-owner and President (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 21, 2017
It was a great company to work for. Being the owner and president of this company taught me many skills. Skills I know will be beneficial to me in the future.
Fast paced, challenging, fun environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 19, 2017
Day to day work is always changing, every day is different and keeps work life interesting and moving along. No two days are alike. Team members are friendly and upbeat, and we provide service that makes our customers love us.
Looses its people alot do to not having set instructions to follow it goes day by day
Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Quad CitiesApril 4, 2017
Love cleaning houses but this company changea instructions to much and dont have a set rules to go by dont give raises the leads make only 9 dollars hr and cant go any further in the company
Fun job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  401 king street la,crosse WI 54603April 3, 2017
It's was cool job hard at times but fun too sounds crazy but that's how I see it got to meet alot of different people neat pets being a team is what they need to work on
Pros
Easy clean
Cons
Lack of team work
Fun and rewarding work place
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHMarch 30, 2017
I LOVE my job at The Maids. I get to meet exceptional customers and see their beautiful homes. The management is extremely flexible with giving days off which is great considering I have two children.
Pros
Understanding management, tips, bonuses
Cons
Low pay, sometimes short hours
Housekeeper/maid
Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 23, 2017
I worked with a good crew of usually three to four people everyday and as long as we worked as a team,we got the job done like it should be done. The job was usually easy as long as you worked together as a team.
Pros
Awesome homeowners, tips, great people to work with, no weekends or holidays
Cons
Long hours, lazy workers
I worked for 6 years there
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 20, 2017
I worked at the maids for six years cleaning houses .I was the assistent surpervisor but the original owners sold it to someone else whom wasnt running it right so I quit.
Productive and fun work environment
Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 12, 2017
I've really enjoyed working here over the past couple months. The management is very understanding and professional people and the team members are very friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
n/a
Fun workplace with a family oriented environment
Relationship Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 9, 2017
Very relaxed work atmosphere in a small setting. Pay isn't the best, but the one-on-one interaction from management is great.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, casual attire
Too cool
Lead leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2017
I love working for the maids but I do add it is very physical work! Pay is low :( but people and management are amazing I wouldn't want to be anywhere else because of the people.
Pros
Good workout
Cons
By Friday you are beat
Job
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 5, 2017
Work hard cleaning customers homes. Your body feels the work you do. Small group of people. Work not always available daily. I ride a bike, so it is a short distance from my home.
Loving the no nights no weekends!!!!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ALJanuary 18, 2017
Coming from a retail background I have really learned to appreciate being off on the weekends and not working late evenings. I also enjoy being off on holidays. In retail I worked almost every single holiday, almost every weekend including nights. This job has allowed me to have my evenings and weekends free for my family. A typical day is you arrive to work between 7:30 and 8:00. They provide breakfast for you. Sometimes management will cook pancakes and bacon which is allot of fun. We usually leave the office around 8:15 every morning in a company vehicle with a team of 3 to 4 persons. They provide all the cleaning supplies, equipment and transportation to and from the houses; which means I don't have to drive my own car. We usually clean anywhere from 3 to 6 homes a day with a 30 minute lunch. Most of the time we finish somewhere between 4:30 to 5:30 and occasionally we work until about 6:00; it varies from day to day. This job has really taught me allot about cleaning. I thought I had a clean house until I started working here. You also learn how to work as a team with different people. For the most part you work with nice people who really want to do a good job. As far as management goes they really try to create a fun place to work. Every month they do something to show appreciation for the work that we do; it may be a special breakfast, sack lunches or celebrating someones birthday. The hardest part of the job is that you don't know what time you are going to get off and the most enjoyable part besides being off on the weekends is that you are able to help make a difference  more... in your customers life.  less
Very good
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJanuary 17, 2017
This is another great job for someone just starting out or looking to make some money and there is always different jobs and all of the clients are very nice
New and lovely experience great and full service
Maid/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Township of Liberty, OHJanuary 9, 2017
Overall the job was great I had lovely co-workers great management i learned new ways to clean new chemicals and met new people the best part of the job was the effort all the workers came together as a team
Pros
Brought own lunch
Cons
45 minute lunch breaks
okay place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  KansasDecember 30, 2016
staff is awesome, easy to talk to, but be careful.....things can change in an instant...but on the plus side they supply breakfast for everyone and they have a prayer circle before the shift starts in English and Spanish.
Pros
provides breakfast, lunch break
Great opportunity for advancement.
Field Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIDecember 6, 2016
I started as a crew member and within 3 years I was assistant manager. The owner was nice, an he took care of the workers. At one point we were up to 6 crews and everyone was happy. Breakfast and lunch items were offered and water bottles and watet coolers to keep hydrated while out on the job. Working so close with the team members was fun an for the most part everyone was like family.
Pros
Fun at times, great crews, travel, learned administrative skills, opportunity for advancements. Perks. Supplied Breakfast / lunch, water.
Cons
No medical offered, (Occasionally Expected) Gross houses. But, thats the companies service!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Maids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6