THE MAIDS

THE MAIDS Employer Reviews

Great hours for those who want to work m-f
Team Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: no benefits
Overall I had a pretty fun time working at the Maids. Typically an easy job and enjoyable coworkers. Management does a good job mediating situations and taking care of problems.
i enjoyed my work place
supervior (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: meet new people
Cons: no medical insuance
i would load the car then get team together go to houses tell the girls what thier duties were sing in on our sheet n clean the house check thier work . load car go to next house and clean this would go on all day.then at the end of the day take everything out of car sing out fill buckets then go home.our manager was bobbie . she became of freind of mine thur the yrs n we r still friends.the harest part of the job is tryong to make everyone happy.the most enjoyable part i would say is to meet new people
terrible place to work
housekeeping (Former Employee), kerr avenue, Wilmington ncJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: i loved the girls i worked with
Cons: everything
They don't trust you, they belittle you and treat you like a kid. Never complement you or show appreciation. Owners sit at office and watch computer to see your every move.If you make a wrong turn they immediately call you! Noone is properly trained. You watch videos and then one person trains you for two days! Out of 15 employees I only no of 5 that like working there. No benefits, only 3 paid holidays which they only give you 7 house for. The pay is not the same for everyone in the same position.
I was never written up in the five months I was there, but was let go! At Christmas the owners sent out a letter telling clients they could tip by credit card or check but in bold letters ask them not to give us cash, then our tips got split between 13 girls instead of 4. We are not supposed to use clients restroom but when the owner came to review our quality in a house he used the clients restroom. I'm not saying I'm perfect, I am 52 years old and cleaning four big house a day is very hard work but I had no warning.
Easy Going & Approachable Work Atmosphere
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee), North Andover, MAJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day at work would begin by making sure all the equipment is ready for the day. Once that is done, my assistant will load the vehicle while I look over the customer list for the day ahead. After all is said and done the day will begin, all four girls including myself make our way to the first customer of the day. While in the home each girl knows the function they must perform in order to get the home clean to the customers standards. At the end of the clean I as the supervisor will inspect the home making sure all things are back in their rightful places & the clean is up to The Maids way of cleaning. These actions will carry out throughout the day until we are finished, & we end up back at the office, preparing for the next day in front of us.
An overall career setback
Cleaning Crew (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: easy to get
Cons: management, hours, pay
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know you customers and your team. Though a LOT of the customers were ungrateful and thought of most of the woman cleaning their house as actual servants, the occasional satisfied customer was a great accomplishment. A typical day at work includes getting to work between 8 AM and 8:15 AM and not knowing what time you are going to get off. When you get to work your managers not only judge your appearance off of your uniform but down you your socks and how long your ponytail is (though never mentioned in dress code) They will change the rules to make you fit the criteria and will threaten to write you up for it next time. You get in a barely maintained vehicle with your team leader or whoever they "approve" to drive, who may or may not be a safe driver. You are on your hands and knees for majority of the day so your body WILL be sore. This is not a workout, it's cleaning and you will feel it in the morning. It's necessary for you to keep pain killers on you. Also, you will be dealing with lots of pets. This can be good or bad depending on the nature on the animal. I have been on a team that was attacked by animals and told to go in the house and clean anyway. (I've also been told to find another entrance to the home through a window or another door when the owner is not home or forgets to leave a key.) Your coworkers are based on how well people work together. In most cases you have one person on the team who is VERY close to management and they will make it a point to meet with them every afternoon to speak on what is going on – more... with everyone on the team. This is a private conversation about how everyone is working or any issues with teammates without rest on the team present. It is best to keep your general and personal business to yourself because the managers are invasive. They also dock your pay 15 cents for just about anything. I will say that I had great days with most teams and I had some awesome customers that I grew to really enjoy being in their homes. But I was switched around a lot and this made it harder for me to change gears sometimes. At the end of the day when you finish your schedule you don't know whether you will be able to go home or if you will have 2 or 3 more hours. (You could finish your schedule at 5:30PM and get sent to another house scheduled for a 3 hour cleaning. Which means the numbers on your checks will vary vastly. With these hours you will NOT be able to do much outside of work. If you have kids you will not be able to pick them up and probably won't be home in time to cook dinner. They advertise no nights and weekends but you learn that there's is a possibility for both. This also doesn't leave much time for you to take care of your health. They expect you to do everything on the weekends and you WILL be punished for take days off for the doctor whether or not you have an excuse. If you do want the opportunity for advancement you will have to spend plenty of time around your managers. No matter how well you clean they need to know that you will do whatever it takes "to be the best cleaning service and have fun doing it." – less
a nice friendly enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Stanton, DEJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free breakfasts, and sometimes free lunches, and bbq
Cons: sometimes short hours
cleaning customers homes with a team of four every team members was assign a job duty which included bathrooms,kitchen,dusting,are vacuum. I was the supervisor in charge so im responsible to check after all team members once the work has been completed,my job was to make sure that the customers homes were 100% clean
Its very productive, and fun working with others
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Levittown, PAOctober 24, 2014
I drove house to house to provide cleaning service.I learned to clean the way the company wanted me to clean. my coworkers we're team player. It was a good experience.
If you want low pay and to be verbally assaulted this is the place for you
Maid (Former Employee), Lyell aveOctober 15, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: low pay, unpredictable hours, horrible management
This was the most terrible work experience I have ever come across.
Don't ever get on the boss's bad side,she will scream at you endlessly as if you are less them human, and she will punish you by cutting your hours.(I once got my hours cut for simply asking for a work day off so i could attend a doctors appointment). A typical morning at work was everyone scrambling around unorganized, and rushed into work jeeps. Or sometimes you would attend morning meetings, where everyone was yelled at and called childish.Hours are unpredictable, you never know what time you will be coming home. So it is impossible to work there and attend school at the same time. The pay is extremely low, for the amount of physical work you do. Everyone is extremely unprofessional and will throw you under the bus any chance they get. It is very stressful trying to make it in time to each house. Customers are nice for the most part. Most notes for customers homes are all out of date and poorly written. If this company was under new management I am sure things would improve.
Friendly Environment!
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 10, 2014
I enjoy cleaning & making people smile when they see the organization & fresh smell of there home.
pay well
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2014
loved the job payed great. just that there was no way in advanceing.
I get along well with co workers
Domestic Technician (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: the homes are very nice and most just need general cleaning
Cons: getting on my knees
My typical day will involve cleaning several different homes on each day of the week; Each day I will be assigned an area to clean which I have been trained to perform; I get along well with my co workers; the hardest part of the job is getting on my knees; the most enjoyable part of the job is most jobs are well kept and need general cleaning.
House Cleaning
House Cleaner (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 11, 2014
Arriving with a team of four to service individuals home. Cleanliness of ones entire home.
productive and busy workplace
Maid/assistant (Former Employee), Everett, WASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: drive time
Cons: short breaks
I liked making people feel better about their clean homes. The hardest part of the job id say was making sure we get out of the customers house on time, because of budget minutes. I learned how to clean a customers home in a professional and systematic order. Top to bottom, left to right ensuring the highest quality of a clean for the customers.
Maid
Maid (Current Employee), Sewell, NJAugust 26, 2014
fun environment. Great co-workers. Long hours daily so hard to get into college.
Fun Place to work at.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 13, 2014
Fast pased environment. The management was great and the company was great to work for.
great team and employees
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee), Hamden, CTAugust 3, 2014
Pros: the good thing is they provide there own company car so your not using your own.
Cons: we dont get paid untill we are actually inside the car, there is no punch in or time sheet so you never really know exact hours, the manager is very unorganized expescially with payroll issues
We come in everyday at 8 am fold towels and have a morning meeting with manager. we get into the company car and start our day. we clean left to right top to bottom..very deatailed cleaning.we clean houses and offices. we usaully are in a group of four but sometimes it may be a group of three.one person. does bathrooms, kitchen, dusting and vaccuming .
Never will put a application in again.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2014
It was not organize. You never knew really what was going on from one day to the next. Sometimes we had ride longer than a hour just to clean a house.
You think you know clean
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Everett, WAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: wonderful view of beautiful high end homes (if you get assigned a nice area like bellevue), sometimes popcorn friday ?
Cons: horrible management, lack of training/outdated training videos, not summer/heat friendly uniform, very high turnover rate, undetermined hours, cut or extended lunch depending on times
I had thought nothing of the turnover rate when I was first told about it in the prior interview. Or job preview because I was never interviewed but instead hired quickly. The uniform I was given smelled as if it had been pulled directly from a dirty bin and retrieving the rest of my uniform shirts was a task due to the lack of communication among management. I enjoyed the company of the women I worked with as well as the rest of the women in the office but there was constantly a feeling of sluggishness as there was constant complaint of the work. My team did work in Bellevue, Woodinville, Kirkland and other areas but often we were sent to other areas like Seattle requiring even longer drive times than we already got. The work load felt disproportionate often as some teams get only 2 or 3 houses to clean and are off by 1 or so but others get 4 or 5 with large drive times in between so they work till 7 or so. This job is not for everyone. Some people excel and have been there for over 10 years while most don't last past a week let alone a year it seems.
Great company
Team Leader (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 31, 2014
At The Maids of Tucson, we work hard to provide you with the highest quality clean available. Our qualified staff of professional cleaning team members and management are here to help you and your family enjoy a cleaner, healthier home.

We have been serving the Tucson area including Green Valley and Sahuarita since 1986, and we welcome the opportunity to serve you and your friends and family the way we have since day one - with quality customer care and deep, healthy quality, green house cleans
The Maids Rochester In A Word HORRIBLE!!!
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), Rochester NYMay 19, 2014
A typical Day: You are rushed and yelled at, there is no team work, the pay is pathetic, no benefits, OSHA rules are disregarded. You are made to break the law by speeding from job to job. I saw a Leader going 85 in 35 mph zone. Complaints were made and ignored. The work day dose not follow the rules, and changes from minute to minute.
What you Learn: Watch your back
Management: The office Manager is bi-polar. Sometimes nice, sometimes screaming and pounding her desk. She punishes by cutting your hours.
Your Co-workers: Are back stabbers and do not help you. The just report back that you make mistakes, and you yelled at by the office manager. LOUDLY
The Hardest Part of the day: Taking the abuse
The most enjoyable part of the day: Leaving

1 2 3 4

About THE MAIDS

We are The Maids®, a professional housekeeping company that provides residential cleaning services throughout the country. – Read more