The Maids Employee Reviews in United States

Quick passed fun workplace
Team Member/ Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North Hampton, NHOctober 21, 2015
Working as a team to accomplish the same goal is a great feeling. Working for a company that strictly cares about the customers they serve and provide the best customer service available also makes you feel like what you're doing means something and actually matters. You make lives easier.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
hard work
n/a
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 25, 2015
I really enjoy my job at The Maids. I encounter something different every day. It really is a good place to work. Management is very understanding and always does their best to work with you.
always active
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYJune 4, 2013
go to several houses a day and clean them with a team. we would get our cleaning supplies and load up our car. there were 4 people to a team to clean a home. at the end of the day we would return to office, and restock our cleaning supplies for the next day.
Pros
moved around alot
benefits
good for someone looking for alot of hours
Maid (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJAugust 2, 2012
Cleaning houses and office buildings. long hours and not alot of benefits
Pros
always get to work in a new place
Cons
you're cleaning other peoples filth
Very hard work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 17, 2013
Very good job but not good pay. Works after hours unannounced. Very strict management.
Pros
great benefits serve breakfast to employee
Cons
cannot leave if family emergency very hard
Very unprofessional place of work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 31, 2015
Typical day at The Maids was filled with hard work. Also there was too much drama for my liking, which made the day longer. The field manager would pick favorites. If she decided she didn't like you she would go back to the boss and twist situations to her advantage. Which in my opinion is very unprofessional. The hardest part of the job was that it was very physical. Most of our equipment never worked right. And half of the vacuums they provided us were a safety hazard. They would spark while using them. There were some enjoyable parts though. For the most part it was very laid back and you never work weekends or holidays. But overall it's a company that you be looked at a little more closely.
Pros
No weekend or holiday work
Cons
Too much drama and favoritism
Tough Job
Housekeeping/ Custodian (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 29, 2013
Very hard working ladies, dedicated to meet customer standers. Sad part is hourly salary very poor to meet up to how much job needs to be done in little time.
Long hard days with mean women
MAID (Former Employee) –  WEST CHESTER,OHIOSeptember 12, 2015
Ugh. It's not that good place to work. I would only work there if desperate. The girls were all catty and they all surrounded you in the morning. Once you left, you still had to put up with three of them and they would all talk about the other teams.
Pros
USE OF THEIR VEHICLE, HAVING A JOB
Cons
ALMOST EVERYTHING
Great company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 31, 2014
At The Maids of Tucson, we work hard to provide you with the highest quality clean available. Our qualified staff of professional cleaning team members and management are here to help you and your family enjoy a cleaner, healthier home.

We have been serving the Tucson area including Green Valley and Sahuarita since 1986, and we welcome the opportunity to serve you and your friends and family the way we have since day one - with quality customer care and deep, healthy quality, green house cleans
would not recommend!
House Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 16, 2015
Their is alot of favoritism with the manager and owner and how they reward, treat and discipline their employees. Its more of a family free for all there. The pay is minimum wage with or without experience which they lead you to believe upon employment. They take money out of your pay check if your drive time exceeds their expectations and for other reasons. Not loyal to dedicated employees. Promote new employees over ones that have been there longer. Manager is very unprofessional, nasty attitude. Was not truthful about policies in contract. READ EVERY LINE, DONT TRUST THEM TO TELL YOU WHAT IS STATED! I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Pretty much everything

Want to know more about The Maids?

Ask a question
A very fast paced work environment lots of traveling
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHMay 22, 2015
Teams travel from house to house cleaning top to bottom. It was always hard to have a new person who is not trained in the 22 step process and having a full work day. I got great pleasure putting smiles on my clients face after cleaning their homes. Management in my opinion is not professional in the way they talk to and treat their employees.
Easy Going & Approachable Work Atmosphere
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day at work would begin by making sure all the equipment is ready for the day. Once that is done, my assistant will load the vehicle while I look over the customer list for the day ahead. After all is said and done the day will begin, all four girls including myself make our way to the first customer of the day. While in the home each girl knows the function they must perform in order to get the home clean to the customers standards. At the end of the clean I as the supervisor will inspect the home making sure all things are back in their rightful places & the clean is up to The Maids way of cleaning. These actions will carry out throughout the day until we are finished, & we end up back at the office, preparing for the next day in front of us.
Cleaning Company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Levittown, PAMay 9, 2012
Monitoring facility to ensure it remains well maintained; Direct and coordinate the supportive staff; Set goals and deadlines for supportive staff; Prepare and review operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency; hire and terminate supportive staff; assist in overseeing maintenance and repair of equipment; daily communications with clients/customers; accounts receivable and collections. Hardest part of the job was viewing the mistreatment of supportive staff by management as well as the turn around of supportive staff. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with supportive staff and clients.
The girls I work with are super nice
Maid (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 29, 2012
A typical day at work for me is going to house to house, it could be a regular clean, new clean, or occasionaly clean and cleaning them. We start at 9 in the morning, and it depends how many houses we have, the less houses the earlier we get off work. What I have learned so far since I have worked at The Maids is, It's hard work, but you find so much dirty things, it could be in the bathroom, kitchen, or just dusting or vaccuming. The management rocks! My manager is super nice, and listen to everything you have to say. My co-workers are super intellegent. There fun to work with and easy to get along with them! The hardest part about my job at The Maids, is probably cleaning a new clean. You don't know what your walking into nor do you know how dirty the house is. The most enjoyable part of my job would be, working with my co-workers. They are so much fun to work with, and if they are done with their job, then they will come help the other co-workers. They are great girls, and very outgoing.
Pros
co-workers help others when needed
Cons
working in the heat
Unpleasant workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Netcong, NJNovember 28, 2012
I did not enjoy this company. There were absolutely no workers there that could speak proper english. Most of them couldn't understand English. This put me in a position to have to handle more work than I had been hired for. I was starting to be trained in management here as well, but then my training had stopped when they decided to unfairly tell me I had not been needed for days of work multiple times then proceeded to let me go saying I had been unreliable. I felt a high sense of unfair treatment and inequality in the company and do not reccomend anyone else to work here.
If you want low pay and to be verbally assaulted this is the place for you
Maid (Former Employee) –  Lyell aveOctober 15, 2014
This was the most terrible work experience I have ever come across.
Don't ever get on the boss's bad side,she will scream at you endlessly as if you are less them human, and she will punish you by cutting your hours.(I once got my hours cut for simply asking for a work day off so i could attend a doctors appointment). A typical morning at work was everyone scrambling around unorganized, and rushed into work jeeps. Or sometimes you would attend morning meetings, where everyone was yelled at and called childish.Hours are unpredictable, you never know what time you will be coming home. So it is impossible to work there and attend school at the same time. The pay is extremely low, for the amount of physical work you do. Everyone is extremely unprofessional and will throw you under the bus any chance they get. It is very stressful trying to make it in time to each house. Customers are nice for the most part. Most notes for customers homes are all out of date and poorly written. If this company was under new management I am sure things would improve.
Pros
tips
Cons
low pay, unpredictable hours, horrible management
maids
Team member (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 18, 2013
the hours were basic 8-5 monday through friday so weekends are always off, job security was good, however pay was only 10cents above minimum wage and pay was docked to minimum wage if one day was missed during the current pay period.
To work for a company that will enhance my skills and provide the opportunity for professional growth.
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAJune 10, 2015

5.dust windows blinds

6.wash down bathrooms
i enjoyed my work place
supervior (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2015
i would load the car then get team together go to houses tell the girls what thier duties were sing in on our sheet n clean the house check thier work . load car go to next house and clean this would go on all day.then at the end of the day take everything out of car sing out fill buckets then go home.our manager was bobbie . she became of freind of mine thur the yrs n we r still friends.the harest part of the job is tryong to make everyone happy.the most enjoyable part i would say is to meet new people
Pros
meet new people
Cons
no medical insuance
Very Productive and New Locations Daily
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 20, 2012
I loved working for the Maids in Kc. A typical day with them consisted of cleaning expensive homes from the ceiling to the floor. I learned very quickly to do a job efficently and in a timely manner. I liked the people I worked with and the management staff was very patient and worked right along side the employees. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and the most enjoyable part was seeing the end results of all our hard work.

2.4