The Maids Employee Reviews

Very unprofessional place of work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 31, 2015
Typical day at The Maids was filled with hard work. Also there was too much drama for my liking, which made the day longer. The field manager would pick favorites. If she decided she didn't like you she would go back to the boss and twist situations to her advantage. Which in my opinion is very unprofessional. The hardest part of the job was that it was very physical. Most of our equipment never worked right. And half of the vacuums they provided us were a safety hazard. They would spark while using them. There were some enjoyable parts though. For the most part it was very laid back and you never work weekends or holidays. But overall it's a company that you be looked at a little more closely.
Pros
No weekend or holiday work
Cons
Too much drama and favoritism
Easy Going & Approachable Work Atmosphere
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day at work would begin by making sure all the equipment is ready for the day. Once that is done, my assistant will load the vehicle while I look over the customer list for the day ahead. After all is said and done the day will begin, all four girls including myself make our way to the first customer of the day. While in the home each girl knows the function they must perform in order to get the home clean to the customers standards. At the end of the clean I as the supervisor will inspect the home making sure all things are back in their rightful places & the clean is up to The Maids way of cleaning. These actions will carry out throughout the day until we are finished, & we end up back at the office, preparing for the next day in front of us.
would not recommend!
House Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 16, 2015
Their is alot of favoritism with the manager and owner and how they reward, treat and discipline their employees. Its more of a family free for all there. The pay is minimum wage with or without experience which they lead you to believe upon employment. They take money out of your pay check if your drive time exceeds their expectations and for other reasons. Not loyal to dedicated employees. Promote new employees over ones that have been there longer. Manager is very unprofessional, nasty attitude. Was not truthful about policies in contract. READ EVERY LINE, DONT TRUST THEM TO TELL YOU WHAT IS STATED! I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Pretty much everything
If you want low pay and to be verbally assaulted this is the place for you
Maid (Former Employee) –  Lyell aveOctober 15, 2014
This was the most terrible work experience I have ever come across.
Don't ever get on the boss's bad side,she will scream at you endlessly as if you are less them human, and she will punish you by cutting your hours.(I once got my hours cut for simply asking for a work day off so i could attend a doctors appointment). A typical morning at work was everyone scrambling around unorganized, and rushed into work jeeps. Or sometimes you would attend morning meetings, where everyone was yelled at and called childish.Hours are unpredictable, you never know what time you will be coming home. So it is impossible to work there and attend school at the same time. The pay is extremely low, for the amount of physical work you do. Everyone is extremely unprofessional and will throw you under the bus any chance they get. It is very stressful trying to make it in time to each house. Customers are nice for the most part. Most notes for customers homes are all out of date and poorly written. If this company was under new management I am sure things would improve.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Low pay, Unpredictable hours, horrible management
housekeeping jod
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 13, 2016
great place to work for pay was ok ,the people I worked with was great .would go back if I had to. They use organice cleaning suppliea so they are clean for the inviroment.
good place to work
Field Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 29, 2015
The Maids was a nice place to get to meet new people and travel all over when cleaning houses, You get to see new things and learn about news cleaning products.
Pros
Game days on friday for payday
Cons
good healthcare when needed
Quick passed fun workplace
Team Member/ Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North Hampton, NHOctober 21, 2015
Working as a team to accomplish the same goal is a great feeling. Working for a company that strictly cares about the customers they serve and provide the best customer service available also makes you feel like what you're doing means something and actually matters. You make lives easier.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
hard work
great employeer and employees
Housekeeper/Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 10, 2013
Every day was different depending on where you went, but the same objective was expected in each place-a thorough cleanind and customer satisfaction. I learned a lot from leads to become a lead myself. You worked with the same team every day, so you were like family. Management was great and often assisted in jobs. There wasn't really anything hard about the job. the best part was seeing grateful customers every day.
Pros
we got to use products for free
Cons
no healthcare
Very Productive and New Locations Daily
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 20, 2012
I loved working for the Maids in Kc. A typical day with them consisted of cleaning expensive homes from the ceiling to the floor. I learned very quickly to do a job efficently and in a timely manner. I liked the people I worked with and the management staff was very patient and worked right along side the employees. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and the most enjoyable part was seeing the end results of all our hard work.
n/a
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 25, 2015
I really enjoy my job at The Maids. I encounter something different every day. It really is a good place to work. Management is very understanding and always does their best to work with you.

Want to know more about The Maids?

Ask a question
The other employees are enjoyable to work with.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHMay 3, 2012
The company is good at what they do but sometimes it is not alot of hours when you have quite abit of travel time like i do. You are suppose to get a 30 minute lunch break which is the only break you get but alot of times you dont get that.
Pros
helping others
Cons
not very long breaks at the maids
A very fast paced work environment lots of traveling
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHMay 22, 2015
Teams travel from house to house cleaning top to bottom. It was always hard to have a new person who is not trained in the 22 step process and having a full work day. I got great pleasure putting smiles on my clients face after cleaning their homes. Management in my opinion is not professional in the way they talk to and treat their employees.
Great employees and staff very fun place to work
Team Leader Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 19, 2013
First when you arrive the team leader assistant will load the car with supplies needed while the team leader is doing the book work one how many houses you have for the day and who will do what job in each house and how long it should take then we all get in the van and start to drive to our first house of the day, we always had so much fun on the road to each house we would listen to music and talk about everything from family to school funny things that happened to use T.V. shows. you really get to know people and I made lots of great friends.
Pros
Always something to do your never sitting still
Cons
The Dirty houses that you have to clean
great team and employees
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 3, 2014
We come in everyday at 8 am fold towels and have a morning meeting with manager. we get into the company car and start our day. we clean left to right top to bottom..very deatailed cleaning.we clean houses and offices. we usaully are in a group of four but sometimes it may be a group of three.one person. does bathrooms, kitchen, dusting and vaccuming .
Pros
the good thing is they provide there own company car so your not using your own.
Cons
we dont get paid untill we are actually inside the car, there is no punch in or time sheet so you never really know exact hours, the manager is very unorganized expescially with payroll issues
Refeered for a reason
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 2, 2012
I liked, I got to meet customers from all walks of life and the need for the service. Although, some days are longer than 10 hours and u never know your schdule from day to day to plan for dr's appoints. I had to reschdule alot of those.

I learned to work under stress. On site job Training is very detailed. The good side about that is that every customer is satisfied.

Downside is, i got teamed with people who didn't want to pull there weight of the job requirements or to work as a new team.
Pros
very good caring owners, everyone had a good sense of humor
Cons
travel time too long, my team didn't get that one on one time with training
workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNApril 17, 2012
A typical day at the maids was fast paced and joyful.I learned to be more patient.Management at the maids did not care about the employees and the need of the workers.Was being stack with so many houses in trying to make it home by six.Was my relationship with the customer.Just being around them making them happy helped with the day.
Pros
great coworker and amazing customers
Cons
short breaks and bad pay
Productive workplace.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 11, 2013
The job would start off by employees and myself loading the maids car with our cleaning materials that we would need for the days work. We would have assigned tasks to do at each residential house we have on the schedule for that day.
The hardest part of the job is making sure that I did not miss a spot in cleaning, and being careful not to damage surfaces when using cleaning products.
Most enjoyable part of the job is having the customers return to their home and knowing that the home is safe, sanitized, and clean to live in.
Pros
At times they have short working days.
Cons
Only one break.
i enjoyed my work place
supervior (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2015
i would load the car then get team together go to houses tell the girls what thier duties were sing in on our sheet n clean the house check thier work . load car go to next house and clean this would go on all day.then at the end of the day take everything out of car sing out fill buckets then go home.our manager was bobbie . she became of freind of mine thur the yrs n we r still friends.the harest part of the job is tryong to make everyone happy.the most enjoyable part i would say is to meet new people
Pros
meet new people
Cons
no medical insuance
Very professional
Maid (Former Employee) –  Centerville, UTJuly 19, 2012
I would deep clean the homes to a professional level. Take care of the equipment. I was the driver for the cleaning crew. I learned work ethic. The management was great and most of the co workers were very nice and we got along well. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the dirtiest houses. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
breaks after house
Cons
not the most sanitary job
Long hard days with mean women
MAID (Former Employee) –  WEST CHESTER,OHIOSeptember 12, 2015
Ugh. It's not that good place to work. I would only work there if desperate. The girls were all catty and they all surrounded you in the morning. Once you left, you still had to put up with three of them and they would all talk about the other teams.
Pros
USE OF THEIR VEHICLE, HAVING A JOB
Cons
ALMOST EVERYTHING

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Maids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6