the malvern school Employee Reviews

Interesting
Head Teacher (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAJanuary 17, 2015
This has been a very great experience. I have learned a lot about my teaching abilities as well as ideas that work and do not work.
Early Childhood Learning Center
Lead Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lionville, PAOctober 5, 2014
I currently write and implement lesson plans for preschool age children. I am responsible for providing quality early childhood education to 20 children. I enjoy working with children in this fast paced learning environment.
Great place to work, great directors, great benefits.
Assistant Teacher- full time Pre-K (Former Employee) –  Lionville, PAAugust 26, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working in this fast paced daycare facility. It was an extremely organized and fun place to work. The management really appreciated their staff.
Run for the hills!
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAJune 2, 2014
Worked for this company for almost a year. The only thing consistent was that it was inconsistent. Teacher turn over averages 1-2 a month so it was always understaffed. Sick days were basically laughable because you were told you had to come in. Parents never had to follow policies in handbook so you could be there past 6pm closing and they were not charged. Pink eye ran rampant because children were not made to go home when they had it.

I learned that the expectations and goals set for these teachers were ridiculously high and unattainable, especially when there is no support given from superiors. They really know how to kick you when you're down. Morale was very very low.

The only positive thing about the place was the families that go there. Most were excellent and incredibly supportive of the teachers.
Pros
great families & kids
Cons
unprofessional staff, irresponsible management, favoritism, unrealistic standards, lack of supplies, inconsistent with policies, constantly understaffed.
Stressful, overwhelming pressure workload for a preschool environment
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Exton, PANovember 9, 2013
Awful experience, awful management, and there were only 2 coworkers that i enjoy working with. Too many policies, cannot create your own classroom, and way too much favoritism towards certain employees
Pros
no pros
Cons
gossip, awful management, too many strict policies, cannot create your own classroom
Maintain a fum learning enviornment in an inclusive atmosphere for early childhood students with varied skills
Special Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 25, 2013
I float from room to room to assist any student who has an early intervention plan in place.
Adorable children
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAFebruary 20, 2013
I loved the children, but I did not have an immediate supervisor to help me when I was in need. I needed an assistant because of all of the duties and I was not provided with one.
Great place to work, oppotunities for advancement
Pre-Kindergarten Head Teacher (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJanuary 26, 2013
Worked with great people, kids were a first priority, fun activities for teachers and students. Moved up in the company from assistant to head teacher. The kids were always fun to be around.
Pros
fun activities
Cons
limited time off
The Malvern school was a good place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PANovember 27, 2012
I would come into work and get ready for the day by prepping the lesson plans for that day. management was not the best. I loved my co-workers
Cons
managment
The Malvern School of Oks
Part timel teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PASeptember 12, 2012
I love working at the Malvern school in oks. I have been there over 2yrs. & I work mostly in the infant room. However I have worked in all rooms & I love the educational structure they have. It is the best feeling to be there, the interaction with the children and there parents is the best. I love that the staff, all work as a team & help one another when needed. It is such a rewarding thing when one works at a place & does what they really love. It doesn't seem like work some days because I'm doing what I love to do. I not only have a job I love but I work with a staff that makes coming to work a pleasure. And I have two great and understanding directors to boot. (smile)
Pros
team work, educational structure, friendly atmosphere, safety guidelines, staff, parents & children
Cons
after work activities
Overly political daycare
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAJuly 30, 2012
I learned to do my job to the best of my ability and keep to myself.
Pros
learned sign language for babies
Cons
overly political workplace
Who are the adults and who are the children
teacher (Former Employee)August 26, 2011
The management and staff are immature and gossipy, they over look the children and worry more about highschool drama,
Cons
under appreciated

Comment – July 17, 2012

Children watching children. Too busy talking with each other rather than interacting with the children. High turnover (no surprise). Management is all about the money.

2.8