The Mark Travel Corporation Employee Reviews

Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2016
This is possibly the worst job I have ever had. You will get 3 different answers from management about something that is supposed to be procedure. A majority of the people there that are in a position to help the agents are on some ego trip for a job barely paying over minimum wage. I took a paycut because I thought, hey, working at home will be great. I will save money. Not even worth it. Between the 10 months of mandatory 6 hour per week overtime and the inept way the business is run, it is no surprise they have a high turn over rate.
Pros
Work at Home, Travel Discounts
Cons
Not so smart people in a position that have terrible attitudes.
Not worth it!
Customer Care Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2016
TMTC claims to care about their employees work-life balance, while requiring mandatory overtime most of the year. Trying to get time off for anything is almost impossible. The starting pay is horrible and not a wage that most people can survive on, you will make about a .30 cent raise each year which is ridiculous. TMTC will continue to add brands to your work load without enough training and of course without an increase in pay. The management is not helpful and seems to not know the job or the system. The agents in the CST department are supposed to be helpful, while many of them were, there were those ones that as soon as they answered you knew you should hang up because they were rude and/or did not know what they were doing. Maybe if you work in the main call center in Milwaukee the culture is a bit different. However, as a work at home employee I felt like a number that didn't matter to the company at all!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
almost everything
Never a dull moment
Travel Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2016
This job was never dull. I also got to travel to many different locations and hotels throughout my time there. Many of these trips were paid for by the company as well. I truly enjoyed my time here. My favorite part of the job was creating vacations for my clients that I knew they would enjoy. My supervisor was always willing to give me suggestions on where I could send my clients that we both thought they would have the best memories. Additionally, my co-workers were always able to suggest destinations that I did not think of myself.
Pros
free trips
Cons
not always getting the right hotel
Fantastic place for young professionals
HR Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 30, 2016
I absolutely LOVE it here! I've seen first hand how much they care about their employees and work to develop a culture that embraces our core values. Everyone is extremely supportive of each other in day-to-day tasks, and all you have to do is ask if you need assistance. It's a fun company in a fun industry... who doesn't want to work for the travel industry!

They really focus on promoting from within and providing opportunities for current employees to learn and grow. If you're looking to move up within a company, this is the place for you! If you work hard and show management what you're capable of, they'll do what they can to provide opportunities for you.

Our wellness program is wonderful. There are wellness walks that happen all of the time, and you can set up a one-on-one meeting with our Wellness Ambassador David to talk about personal wellness goals. He'll even give you a workout and food plan customized to what you need!

As a recent college graduate, I couldn't have asked for a better company to work for. The benefits are top-notch, the pay is great, and I love my team. I'm looking forward to continuing to grow with La Macchia Enterprises!
Pros
Great travel deals, Wellness program, challenging but fun work, benefits
Awesome Place to Work
Airport Flight Representative (Seasonal/Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  IAH Houston, TXOctober 21, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with The Mark Travel Corporation. I worked directly with their flagship brand "Funjet Vacations" the company was established in 1974 and they specialize in personalized, flexible, independent vacations for individuals and groups. While working for Funjet I learned how rewarding it is to be able to meet and converse with people from various cultures, nationalities, and diverse backgrounds.

Management was always available if and when needed. My co-workers were a joy to work with on every level, and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to turn angry or disappointed faces into smiles whenever I was able to locate a lost phone before take-off or locate lost families or family members before the gate closed, who lost track of time while waiting for the plane to depart.
Pros
Travel discounts with Funjet Vacations.
Cons
You must travel during the time you work there, but if you are seasonal you must travel during the time you work only. There is no 3, 6, or 9 month time frame afterwards to do so.
Enjoyable Product
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 8, 2014
Took inbound calls from customers and travel agents seeking pricing vacation packages or support on existing reservations

I Learned how to be flexible to work with other departments and how to successfully meet deadlines.

Management was outstanding. I worked with a few different managers as I worked in other departments as back up assistance. I was always in close contact with my manager of the call center when my service was loaned out.

I enjoyed this position because I have a passion for travel. It was never hard to handle difficult situations due to the fact I was up to date with current travel information. The company also offered discounted packages to employees as well as sponsored some group trips.
One of the best jobs I ever had.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UtahMay 31, 2014
This is a travel agency where agents accept inbound calls and set up all-inclusive vacations on user-friendly proprietary software. Vendors, including luxury hotels, airlines, vacation destinations, would come by practically every day and give out freebies to our employees, to encourage the employees to "sell" callers on the vendor's travel products. The agency would take its agents on vacations - free to the agents - where they could review the offerings of the various vendors, and get complimentary hotel lodging, meals, and liquor. One of the best jobs I ever had.
Pros
Cons
Company relaocated
Research and end to end customer service replying to e-mails and research for internal departments and external customer
Customer Service/ Call Center Trainer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2014
Follow through on special projects and meet daily goals. • Train, coach and mentor staff to ensure smooth adoption of new programs. Work directly with internal departments, clients and management to achieve company objectives.
Monitor daily activities of 17 customer support team members.3rd shift team printing tickets
Pros
discount travel perks
Cons
Equipment problems that would slow down daily production
I love working from home
Work at Home Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2015
I am always busy and no two days are the same. I use multi windows and book several vendors on a daily basis. I enjoy making vacation dreams come true.
Pros
I love working from home
Cons
None to mention here
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2015
Awesome Job love assisting clients on there travel needs.
i have learned alot about different countries and what people who travel like in general
Pros
Travel
Cons
Rude clients
Run
Client Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 26, 2015
Was a work at home agent. Management is never there when you need them. No job security. Compensation is poor. Always on overtime. Schedules get changed daily.
Practical Marketing Experience
Marketing Assistant / Reservations Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 28, 2014
Great experience in travel package marketing; practical experience gained that can be used anywhere; profit/loss calculating; new product launch.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Little to no advancement opportunities
proactive busy
Customer Service Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2013
A typical day was answering emails, incoming calls and taking care of esculated calls from the agents since I was a supervisor.
Lots of room for growth
Associate Manager - Marketing Operations (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIAugust 18, 2014
I enjoyed my experience at Funjet and learned a lot. Plenty of opportunity to grown within the organization.
Bad
Human Resources Recruiting Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2014
Poor management, Poor leadership, poor pay, poor benefits.
Positive environment, Lots of opportunity for upward mobility
500 Club Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2015
TMTC is a large corporation with many facets. My experience is in the Call Center division. If you're sales or service oriented, there's room for you at TMTC. They are very selective of the people they hire and have a high expectation of customer service. Although the company is 40 years old, they have recently been experiencing unprecedented growth. This has led to opportunities for promotion within the company that is higher than average and there for the taking of anyone willing to work for it. They have a focus on wellness and provide many ways to help keep their employees healthy - mentally, emotionally, and physically. They have a decent benefits package and a positive work environment. They also offer Work At Home positions, which is great for those with a high commute or who need to be closer to home for family reasons.

As for compensation, it is comparable, if not better, than most call center jobs in the area, but it's certainly not enough to live on your own if you're single. You definitely need multiple incomes to support yourself when working in the call center. On the plus side they offer overtime hours most of the beginning of the new year, as that is the travel peak season. However, if you're someone who would rather not work OT be aware, they have mandatory OT anywhere between 6-2 hours per week. It may vary depending on staff needs. This can be great for the wallet but very difficult for personal time. It can be high stress, so that is something to keep in mind as well.

While there is room for improvement, it is one of the best companies
  more... I've ever worked for and would definitely recommend to others.  less
Pros
Many visiting companies bring goodies for the employees, the company really cares
Cons
Mandatory OT, high stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Mark Travel Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8