The Mark Travel Corporation Employee Reviews

overall
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2017
was laid of after 9/11. pay was low. people were ok. mgmt average. benefits average except travel discounts. atmosphere fine. Only there a year. some of the job was fun. suppliers brought in food. not many positions to promote to. Don't believe they are around now but unsure. Met some nice people there
Pros
can be fun and discounts on travel.
Cons
. low pay as a sup. not good business if terrorism or bad economy. 9/11 caused major lay off
Official response from The Mark Travel Corporation
September 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Sixteen years have passed since 9/11, and we are certainly still around, though not with a location in Salt Lake City, UT. We have over 1,100 team members throughout the U.S. and continue to grow within the dynamic travel and technology industries. We have been a recipient of the Top Workplaces Award annually since 2014 and continue to receive awards for wellness, talent and our brand successes.

Sun Country Airlines Reservations
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 7, 2017
Good place to work selling airline and travel reservations. Call center environment so hours were often varied. Their office in MN closed and unsure if still being operated by under this company.
Pros
Lots of variety
Cons
Hours varied
Not what it's cracked up to be
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2017
My supervisor was rarely available.
Breaks and lunches were very short.
Travel agents were rude.
Accounting department was horrible.
Pay is not enough
Developed and maintained travel agent and consumer direct business for 4 wholesale brands.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Bayside, WI 53217April 10, 2017
I managed four different wholesale brands 3 of them where travel agent and consumer direct business. As I was developing and maintain new and existing relationships. The other brand was travel agent only. Three brands sold worldwide.
Employees (peers, mgmt) great to work with. Very much into health of it's employees. balancing work and family
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2017
Peers and managers were very helpful and great to work for/with. Company was very interested in making sure it's employees balanced work and family. Vendors always visiting so that employees could learn about the different properities. Offered FAM trips, were employees got to go to stay at a resorts to take advantage of the hotel's amenities. This was to give us insight into the resorts so we could do a better job of selling the resort.
Pros
Vendor Visits, FAM trips, management offerinng class, workshops to help you balance work and family
Cons
Not ready percentages, workers above you not assisting with calls so that we didn't have to work past closing time at 10pm.
Worst company to work for
Mark travel work from home (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2017
No support, bad additude, no guidance everyone gives you a different answer. Absuluty no one is on the same page. But they are first to reprimand with out telling you how to fix the issue. Supervisors are not trained on your product. Can take 45 min to get a hold of cst. Not worth 12 an hour. Maditory over time is 6 hours plus as week.
Negative work enviornment
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 24, 2017
If you want to be appreciated and feel good about your work this is not the place for you. Supervisors are not supportive. They may say they are on your side but they are not. They always look for the negatives in your work.
Pros
401K, nice co-workers
Cons
short lunch, bad insurance coverage, low pay, no incentives.
Decent company to work for but no room for advancement
Vendor Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 22, 2017
There is little room for advancement! Management was supportive for the most part and coworkers in same department were great to work with. Overall the company has a low morale and low retention rate for certain areas within the company. One of the toughest parts of the job was the lack of training and training procedures, this is where it was important to have a good working relationship with coworkers. Certainly had to learn a lot through trial and error. Benefits were not great but they could be worse.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
low morale, lack of advancement opportunity
Very busy but everyone worked together
Airline Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 14, 2016
I worked on the ART (Air Research Team) and we worked together to cover several shifts for coverage throughout the entire day. I loved the health and wellness program, and the travel incentives and excellent benefits. I would struggle at times finding alternate flights for clients, when there was a inconvenient schedule change.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
very busy during holidays
Not worth it!
Customer Care Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2016
TMTC claims to care about their employees work-life balance, while requiring mandatory overtime most of the year. Trying to get time off for anything is almost impossible. The starting pay is horrible and not a wage that most people can survive on, you will make about a .30 cent raise each year which is ridiculous. TMTC will continue to add brands to your work load without enough training and of course without an increase in pay. The management is not helpful and seems to not know the job or the system. The agents in the CST department are supposed to be helpful, while many of them were, there were those ones that as soon as they answered you knew you should hang up because they were rude and/or did not know what they were doing. Maybe if you work in the main call center in Milwaukee the culture is a bit different. However, as a work at home employee I felt like a number that didn't matter to the company at all!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
almost everything
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2016
This is possibly the worst job I have ever had. You will get 3 different answers from management about something that is supposed to be procedure. A majority of the people there that are in a position to help the agents are on some ego trip for a job barely paying over minimum wage. I took a paycut because I thought, hey, working at home will be great. I will save money. Not even worth it. Between the 10 months of mandatory 6 hour per week overtime and the inept way the business is run, it is no surprise they have a high turn over rate.
Pros
Work at Home, Travel Discounts
Cons
Not so smart people in a position that have terrible attitudes.
Fantastic place for young professionals
HR Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 30, 2016
I absolutely LOVE it here! I've seen first hand how much they care about their employees and work to develop a culture that embraces our core values. Everyone is extremely supportive of each other in day-to-day tasks, and all you have to do is ask if you need assistance. It's a fun company in a fun industry... who doesn't want to work for the travel industry!

They really focus on promoting from within and providing opportunities for current employees to learn and grow. If you're looking to move up within a company, this is the place for you! If you work hard and show management what you're capable of, they'll do what they can to provide opportunities for you.

Our wellness program is wonderful. There are wellness walks that happen all of the time, and you can set up a one-on-one meeting with our Wellness Ambassador David to talk about personal wellness goals. He'll even give you a workout and food plan customized to what you need!

As a recent college graduate, I couldn't have asked for a better company to work for. The benefits are top-notch, the pay is great, and I love my team. I'm looking forward to continuing to grow with La Macchia Enterprises!
Pros
Great travel deals, Wellness program, challenging but fun work, benefits
Never a dull moment
Travel Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2016
This job was never dull. I also got to travel to many different locations and hotels throughout my time there. Many of these trips were paid for by the company as well. I truly enjoyed my time here. My favorite part of the job was creating vacations for my clients that I knew they would enjoy. My supervisor was always willing to give me suggestions on where I could send my clients that we both thought they would have the best memories. Additionally, my co-workers were always able to suggest destinations that I did not think of myself.
Pros
free trips
Cons
not always getting the right hotel
Awesome Place to Work
Airport Flight Representative (Seasonal/Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  IAH Houston, TXOctober 21, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with The Mark Travel Corporation. I worked directly with their flagship brand "Funjet Vacations" the company was established in 1974 and they specialize in personalized, flexible, independent vacations for individuals and groups. While working for Funjet I learned how rewarding it is to be able to meet and converse with people from various cultures, nationalities, and diverse backgrounds.

Management was always available if and when needed. My co-workers were a joy to work with on every level, and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to turn angry or disappointed faces into smiles whenever I was able to locate a lost phone before take-off or locate lost families or family members before the gate closed, who lost track of time while waiting for the plane to depart.
Pros
Travel discounts with Funjet Vacations.
Cons
You must travel during the time you work there, but if you are seasonal you must travel during the time you work only. There is no 3, 6, or 9 month time frame afterwards to do so.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2015
Awesome Job love assisting clients on there travel needs.
i have learned alot about different countries and what people who travel like in general
Pros
Travel
Cons
Rude clients
Run
Client Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 26, 2015
Was a work at home agent. Management is never there when you need them. No job security. Compensation is poor. Always on overtime. Schedules get changed daily.
I love working from home
Work at Home Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2015
I am always busy and no two days are the same. I use multi windows and book several vendors on a daily basis. I enjoy making vacation dreams come true.
Pros
I love working from home
Cons
None to mention here
Positive environment, Lots of opportunity for upward mobility
500 Club Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2015
TMTC is a large corporation with many facets. My experience is in the Call Center division. If you're sales or service oriented, there's room for you at TMTC. They are very selective of the people they hire and have a high expectation of customer service. Although the company is 40 years old, they have recently been experiencing unprecedented growth. This has led to opportunities for promotion within the company that is higher than average and there for the taking of anyone willing to work for it. They have a focus on wellness and provide many ways to help keep their employees healthy - mentally, emotionally, and physically. They have a decent benefits package and a positive work environment. They also offer Work At Home positions, which is great for those with a high commute or who need to be closer to home for family reasons.

As for compensation, it is comparable, if not better, than most call center jobs in the area, but it's certainly not enough to live on your own if you're single. You definitely need multiple incomes to support yourself when working in the call center. On the plus side they offer overtime hours most of the beginning of the new year, as that is the travel peak season. However, if you're someone who would rather not work OT be aware, they have mandatory OT anywhere between 6-2 hours per week. It may vary depending on staff needs. This can be great for the wallet but very difficult for personal time. It can be high stress, so that is something to keep in mind as well.

While there is room for improvement, it is one of the best companies
  more... I've ever worked for and would definitely recommend to others.  less
Pros
Many visiting companies bring goodies for the employees, the company really cares
Cons
Mandatory OT, high stress
Practical Marketing Experience
Marketing Assistant / Reservations Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 28, 2014
Great experience in travel package marketing; practical experience gained that can be used anywhere; profit/loss calculating; new product launch.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Little to no advancement opportunities
Bad
Human Resources Recruiting Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2014
Poor management, Poor leadership, poor pay, poor benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Mark Travel Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6