The Marker Group Employee Reviews

no comments
Expediting Point of Contact/Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TexasAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Its a job
Cons: Not a career
High turn over rate, but good while you are there. It has its ups and downs. The best part about it is the surrounding restaurants. I ate a lot while working there.
Its a great place to work, employers and staff are very friendly and upbeat
Legal Case Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Free parking, a great location
Cons: -
Its a great company to work at, thrie work hours are great and the staff are very supportive and flexible. I have worked here for a temporary assisngment and the work ethic in the place is nice. They are very supportive for the new hires and training was a breeze.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!
CI Asst (Former Employee), HoustonJuly 28, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: EVERYTHING
Never in my life have I worked for such an unprofessional company!! When you begin you're a temp and will stay a temp until they want you permanent and so I was told you still may not be able to work overtime. Outdated system, unprofessional staff, horrible training. Just an all around bag place to work. Only stayed because it was full time other than that...STAY AWAY!!!!!!
Extremely unprofessional, Nepotism run wild
Case Investigator Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: None!
Cons: Plenty!
Horrible mismanagement by inexperienced and unprofessional project managers, extremely high employee turnover rate, questionable hr tactics, and rampant nepotism (the entire Marker family works there).
Ridiculous
Case Specialist (Former Employee), HoustonMay 8, 2015
Pros: Pot lucks
Cons: Back stabbing
Extremely High Turn over rate. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Family owned company the concept of the business is fun and challenging. However, upper management is horrible if they like than you are fine. If not you will know it. They terminate people over hear-say instead of thoroughly investigating a problem.
Former Employee
Expeditor (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good pay, flexible schedule
Cons: parking garages, stressful workload, working under pressure, restrictive environment
The pay is good. However you may find difficulty working under constant pressure and being rushed to meet daily quotas. It felt a bit like prison. I was often told by management that I couldn't stand in the hallway and talk.(Not even quietly) Not a good place for anyone that likes a laid back and less restrictive workplace. (No phone usage) The procedures always change (every other week) so its hard for new comers to learn and grasp the concept of their duties. The employees are sweet however, the supervisors can come off a bit pushy and harsh at times.
Great company to work for!
Case Specialist (Current Employee), Houston TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: compensation, great benefits, experience
Cons: possible lay offs when projects end.
The Marker Group is a great company to work for! They care about their employees and there is a lot of room for advancement. The work is project driven so there are lay offs from time to time. There are employees who have been with The Marker Group for over 20 years. It can be a great home for employees who "have what it takes".
Not an ideal job to accept. Good company, bad leadership.
Trainee (case investigator assistant) (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: overtime allowed after off trainee status, good location, optional shift hours if project manager approves
Cons: on trainee status for a very long time, unable to work overtime as a trainee, no paid holidays as trainee, no direct deposit
Getting out of trainee status is solely up to your Project Manager. Some P.M.'s will hold someone as a trainee for as long as a year. Getting fired without warning is common. This company takes "at will" as far as they can. Good environment if all you do is sit there and work without interacting with others. Interacting is highly looked down on. The president and vice president are family of the owner. The owner and her family seem sweet, but they need to look into the people running their company better. While working there, continue your job hunt.
wonderful place to work, the company enjoys having pot lucks, many company benefits
expeditor (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 27, 2014
Pros: there were always company discounts on many events
Cons: there are no commissions provided
I enjoyed work everyday.. Although the system that was in place allowed everyone to have contact with the same accounts.
Weird Company
Client Investigator Assistant/Expeditor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2014
All employees were required to were fragrance free everything!
Cut Throat
Trainee -Medical Records Specialist / Research (Current Employee), Houston, TexasJune 3, 2014
Pros: extended hours, overtime
Cons: snitches, high expectations, too many know it all case specialist
They reduced their training from 2weeks to 3 days and they constantly have a new class of trainees doing a walk thru on Mondays. Yes it's definitely half way training and some veterans don't know what the heck they're doing. It's alot of snitches there who will quickly stab you in the back. They have high expectations even if you are very new. Go to work speak but don't get comfortable until after 4months. Turn over there is high so expect the unexpected.
Productive fun atmosphere
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: lots of potlucks
Cons: healthcare
I had wonderful co-workers. There is a lot of opportunity to learn the in and outs of the company, which makes it a great place for advancement.
not a good company to work for it they like to you
new trainee (Former Employee), TexasApril 6, 2014
Pros: the pay is somewhat good
Cons: they lie lie lie
I was with an agency who put me out there I gotta take this one and was told it would be four weeks or longer, on Friday I had it somehow issues on my training computer I only have 3 days to train they were giving me my name tag for my desk , telling the whole class don't worry you'll get more training with your supervisor . nothing was said to meFriday Saturday, but. Sunday I get a call from the agency telling me I'm no longer at this job, the company. look at my work, I said what work I was in training and haven't done anything yet ,how could they look at my notes . very unprofessional company to work for they lie lie lie. they will keep ordering from the agency's people come out and train and then they will turn around and let them go stupid
human resources very unprofessional
trainee (Former Employee), HoustonMarch 12, 2014
Pros: no pros. just horrible.
Cons: how they say don't worry about it but you better worry about it
Don't be to friendly. Don't speak. Don't give your opinion. I left a permanent position because the pay I was offered. I was promised 2 weeks of training and only received 3 days. The feedback that you receive once on the floor is rude and mean while they're telling you not to worry about it. You really should. Don't ask to many questions unless you ask if it's ok. I prefer daily feedback so that my mistakes can be corrected ASAP. but if you ask for feedback they act like you made them loose a case. It's not a good company if you like interacting and meeting new people. That job is boring. I think people tolerate it because the pay...very messy. I was let go after 8 days and there reason is I didn't catch n on quick enough. The company is misleading bcuz in job posting it makes you believe your applying for an attorney's office.
Excellent company to work for
Project Manager/Estimator luxury homes (Former Employee), Locust Valley, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Amazing people and you are very well respected and treated like family as long as your work ethic dictates it. You get out what you put in.
Horrible!!
Production Assistant (Former Employee), HoustonAugust 13, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: lay offs, cliques, and horrible managers
Mangers have favorites. HR and Managers are very close so there is no need to go to HR to say anything about a manager. The owners do not care about the employees they are just interested in the money. I wouldn't suggest this company to anyone not even the attorney's!!
great working enviroment
EXPEDITOR (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2013
i learn how to have more patience with people, my communication skills have grown from being on the phone all day. I enjoyed my coworkers, they kept me motivated and were there when i had questions.
former employee
Expediter (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 23, 2013
Pros: much overtime
Cons: company tries to avoid hiring employees perminently
Great co-workers and atmosphere pretty light for the most part. A typical work day would include sitting in front of an computer for hours making 60 or more calls a day with an employee who is trying to gain cu-toes with supervisors by throwing you under the bus. Management seem to look for anything job related of not to terminate someone. Example: A LOOK, DRESS ANYTHING!!! AVOID IF POSSIBLE.
Avoid unless desperate
Case investigator (Former Employee), Houston TXJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: flexible hours and benefits.
Cons: no job security, cliqueish, managers
They hire a lot of people then fire a lot of people and blame it on projects which is not always true. Coworkers were great and worked super hard mainly to keep their jobs. Not many long-term employees and it's a family-owned business.
Fun, unlimited overtime and tons of potlucks
Office Assistant/ Porter (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 28, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: high turnover rate
The job was really great and so were the people but business speeds up and slows down currently.