The Marker Group Employee Reviews in United States

Great company
Case Investigator (Former Employee) –  HoustonJune 16, 2016
I enjoyed my time very much at the marker group. Loved my coworkers, and loved the environment. Some what fast paced but once you get the hang of it, not hard at all. Great benefits, and flexible scheudle
Pros
Work environment
Cons
lay offs
Working every minute to get more bang for their buck.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2015
Co-workers not your race were very standoffish and unfriendly. Break times & lunch constantly looking at their phones and not wanting to establish relationships. A lot were just rude and had no manners.
Management was constantly watching everyone to make sure everyone was working and if they made too many mistakes or talked too much they were terminated.
Not a fun place to work, but when you are desperate you will put up with a lot of restrictions.
Pros
Steady work if you perform.
Cons
Work area was crammed with people and computers. No privacy.
Decent, clean, productive place to work
Temp (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 15, 2015
The environment at Marker is very relaxed, quiet, and clean, but the nature of the work requires attention to detail and steady processing because it's legal in nature and has time constraints. If you have the personality to enjoy working in an environment as described, working at Marker would be quite ideal. Management does appreciate hard work, but shows very little tolerance for repeated insubordination... some have been quite disruptive from my experience there and they were given the opportunity to acquiesce and return to their duties but refused and were let go for this reason. It is a family owned business and as such does come with all the minuses that pertain and are common to working for a family, but those issues also exist in non-family owned settings... things such as favoritism and nepotism exist everywhere, and would probably exist in a place of business of my own. It seems people have forgotten that when we are given a job we are expected to work in order to earn the income offered and that complaining about it is not going to change the fact that the work still needs to be done timely and correctly. Many workers that came in there came with strange work ethics, I saw and heard much inappropriate and unwarranted negativity from temps and as a temp myself, I found it quite appalling, it made me think, 'what did you think having a job was supposed to be like'???
Pros
Relaxed, quiet and clean, and very friendly/kind staff
Cons
No pot lucks, not everyone is inclined to being kind or friendly but that's everywhere
no comments
Expediting Point of Contact/Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasAugust 3, 2015
High turn over rate, but good while you are there. It has its ups and downs. The best part about it is the surrounding restaurants. I ate a lot while working there.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Not a career
Its a great place to work, employers and staff are very friendly and upbeat
Legal Case Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 29, 2015
Its a great company to work at, thrie work hours are great and the staff are very supportive and flexible. I have worked here for a temporary assisngment and the work ethic in the place is nice. They are very supportive for the new hires and training was a breeze.
Pros
Free parking, a great location
Do not work here!!!!!!
CI Asst (Former Employee) –  HoustonJuly 28, 2015
Never in my life have I worked for such an unprofessional company!! When you begin you're a temp and will stay a temp until they want you permanent and so I was told you still may not be able to work overtime. Outdated system, unprofessional staff, horrible training. Just an all around bag place to work. Only stayed because it was full time other than that...STAY AWAY!!!!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Extremely unprofessional, Nepotism run wild
Case Investigator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2015
Horrible mismanagement by inexperienced and unprofessional project managers, extremely high employee turnover rate, questionable hr tactics, and rampant nepotism (the entire Marker family works there).
Pros
None!
Cons
Plenty!
Ridiculous
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  HoustonMay 8, 2015
Extremely High Turn over rate. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Family owned company the concept of the business is fun and challenging. However, upper management is horrible if they like than you are fine. If not you will know it. They terminate people over hear-say instead of thoroughly investigating a problem.
Pros
Pot lucks
Cons
Back stabbing
Former Employee
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2015
The pay is good. However you may find difficulty working under constant pressure and being rushed to meet daily quotas. It felt a bit like prison. I was often told by management that I couldn't stand in the hallway and talk.(Not even quietly) Not a good place for anyone that likes a laid back and less restrictive workplace. (No phone usage) The procedures always change (every other week) so its hard for new comers to learn and grasp the concept of their duties. The employees are sweet however, the supervisors can come off a bit pushy and harsh at times.
Pros
good pay, flexible schedule
Cons
parking garages, stressful workload, working under pressure, restrictive environment
Great company to work for!
Case Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston TXFebruary 23, 2015
The Marker Group is a great company to work for! They care about their employees and there is a lot of room for advancement. The work is project driven so there are lay offs from time to time. There are employees who have been with The Marker Group for over 20 years. It can be a great home for employees who "have what it takes".
Pros
compensation, great benefits, experience
Cons
possible lay offs when projects end.
Not an ideal job to accept. Good company, bad leadership.
Trainee (case investigator assistant) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Getting out of trainee status is solely up to your Project Manager. Some P.M.'s will hold someone as a trainee for as long as a year. Getting fired without warning is common. This company takes "at will" as far as they can. Good environment if all you do is sit there and work without interacting with others. Interacting is highly looked down on. The president and vice president are family of the owner. The owner and her family seem sweet, but they need to look into the people running their company better. While working there, continue your job hunt.
Pros
overtime allowed after off trainee status, good location, optional shift hours if project manager approves
Cons
on trainee status for a very long time, unable to work overtime as a trainee, no paid holidays as trainee, no direct deposit
wonderful place to work, the company enjoys having pot lucks, many company benefits
expeditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2014
I enjoyed work everyday.. Although the system that was in place allowed everyone to have contact with the same accounts.
Pros
there were always company discounts on many events
Cons
there are no commissions provided
Weird Company
Client Investigator Assistant/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2014
All employees were required to were fragrance free everything!
Cut Throat
Trainee -Medical Records Specialist / Research (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasJune 3, 2014
They reduced their training from 2weeks to 3 days and they constantly have a new class of trainees doing a walk thru on Mondays. Yes it's definitely half way training and some veterans don't know what the heck they're doing. It's alot of snitches there who will quickly stab you in the back. They have high expectations even if you are very new. Go to work speak but don't get comfortable until after 4months. Turn over there is high so expect the unexpected.
Pros
extended hours, overtime
Cons
snitches, high expectations, too many know it all case specialist
Productive fun atmosphere
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2014
I had wonderful co-workers. There is a lot of opportunity to learn the in and outs of the company, which makes it a great place for advancement.
Pros
lots of potlucks
Cons
healthcare
not a good company to work for it they like to you
new trainee (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 6, 2014
I was with an agency who put me out there I gotta take this one and was told it would be four weeks or longer, on Friday I had it somehow issues on my training computer I only have 3 days to train they were giving me my name tag for my desk , telling the whole class don't worry you'll get more training with your supervisor . nothing was said to meFriday Saturday, but. Sunday I get a call from the agency telling me I'm no longer at this job, the company. look at my work, I said what work I was in training and haven't done anything yet ,how could they look at my notes . very unprofessional company to work for they lie lie lie. they will keep ordering from the agency's people come out and train and then they will turn around and let them go stupid
Pros
the pay is somewhat good
Cons
they lie lie lie
human resources very unprofessional
trainee (Former Employee) –  HoustonMarch 12, 2014
Don't be to friendly. Don't speak. Don't give your opinion. I left a permanent position because the pay I was offered. I was promised 2 weeks of training and only received 3 days. The feedback that you receive once on the floor is rude and mean while they're telling you not to worry about it. You really should. Don't ask to many questions unless you ask if it's ok. I prefer daily feedback so that my mistakes can be corrected ASAP. but if you ask for feedback they act like you made them loose a case. It's not a good company if you like interacting and meeting new people. That job is boring. I think people tolerate it because the pay...very messy. I was let go after 8 days and there reason is I didn't catch n on quick enough. The company is misleading bcuz in job posting it makes you believe your applying for an attorney's office.
Pros
no pros. just horrible.
Cons
how they say don't worry about it but you better worry about it
Excellent company to work for
Project Manager/Estimator luxury homes (Former Employee) –  Locust Valley, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Amazing people and you are very well respected and treated like family as long as your work ethic dictates it. You get out what you put in.
Horrible!!
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 13, 2013
Mangers have favorites. HR and Managers are very close so there is no need to go to HR to say anything about a manager. The owners do not care about the employees they are just interested in the money. I wouldn't suggest this company to anyone not even the attorney's!!
Pros
overtime
Cons
lay offs, cliques, and horrible managers
great working enviroment
EXPEDITOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2013
i learn how to have more patience with people, my communication skills have grown from being on the phone all day. I enjoyed my coworkers, they kept me motivated and were there when i had questions.

2.8