The Marketing Arm is a next-generation promotion agency that harnesses the power of emotion to make brands more engaging. The Marketing Arm provides best-in-class consulting that spans 9 Emotional platforms (Entertainment, Sports, Multicultural, Shopper, Cause, Experiential, Mobile, Social and Digital) and 22 capabilities and more than 100 blue-chip brands.
TMA is looking for an experienced Market Manager to manage an on going assisted sales program at national and regional pet food specialty retail accounts. Responsibilities will include managing a team of 30 – 40 part time field representatives. Position will involve traveling within market (primarily on weekends), budget management, personnel management, payroll, supply inventory and maintenance, training, recruiting, building retailer relationships, weekly and month end reporting, interacting with manufacturer’s sales force, and market data analysis.
Key Elements of Position
- Pet Enthusiast/Owner
- Staff Management
- Travel 50% - 75% (primarily within market)
- Budget Management
- Market Data Analysis
- Interaction with manufacturer’s sales force
- Building retailer relationships (Store Management as well as Store Personnel)
- Pet owner
- Available to work weekends
- Previous experience in managing a team of part time employees on an ongoing program
- Ability to motivate a team over a long period of time
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Process oriented
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, in addition to Internet usage
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and autonomously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Motivated with a sense of urgency
- "Can do" attitude
- A passion for excellence
- Proactive thinker
- Ability and discipline needed to successfully work in a remote location
The Marketing Arm’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. The Marketing Arm may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The Marketing Arm strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or any other category prohibited by federal, state, or applicable local law, regulation, or ordinance.