The Maschhoffs Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Worst Hog Producer Out There
Contract Grower (Current Employee) –  Midwest, IAJune 2, 2017
Just ask around. This is one of the worst managed companies around. Mis-managed is an uderstatement. Overstocking pens, high death loss, high anti-biotic use, ect are all part of their game.

They expect the impossible from those around them, while expecting the little to nothing from themselves. The left hand doesn't only not know what the right hand is going to do, but the right hand is probably fighting against the left hand.

I cannot say enough about how poor of a reputation they have in Iowa and reputations are earned over years. They are burning bridges across generations. Stay away and you will be happy.
Pros
Have not committed any known murder
Cons
Too many to list
Respectful workers
Breeder (Former Employee) –  Arapahoe, NEMay 23, 2017
Was okay to work here, was not really into the closed enviroment smell was out of hand, no pay on gas hours of driving and trying to avoid deers. Not the best place to work ig.
Pros
Drove tractor
Cons
Too far, bad smell
Great family owned company!
Supply Chain Associate (Current Employee) –  Carlyle, ILMay 3, 2017
Every day is a new puzzle. With live animals and lots of moving pieces to manage, they always keep me on my toes! Every day presents new challenges and learning opportunities. My team members are great to work with and the leaders can’t be beat! They are always providing opportunities to develop and grow. If you are looking to succeed and advance this is a great place. They also truly care about their employees and that means a lot! The company is always striving to improve to ensure we are taking the best possible care of our animals and delivering the product our customers demand.
Working within the Maschhoffs for me has always been enjoyable and on going learning experience.
Facility & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 2, 2017
If you are wanting a place to call home with room for advancement in the swine industires than the Maschhoffs Family Foods is the place for you.
I am currently employeed with the Maschhoffs and have been for 12 years , They provide an employee with the tools and leadership guidance to succeed, if you choose to use what is provided advancement is unlimited.
Pros
Meet and interact with a lot of individuals, Great leadership team with unlimited knowledge to draw from
Cons
Excellent company to work for, people are #1!
Animal Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, ILApril 28, 2017
I have learned a lot of new things, enjoy caring for animals, like everyone I work with. I wish I would have found this job years ago. I really appreciate all the focus put into my training.
Pros
Health insurance and other benifits are really good
Great Company
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlyle, ILApril 28, 2017
The Maschhoffs provides an environment for its employees to truly excel. There are numerous examples of employees who started in an hourly role and worked their way up to a management position. The company invests in developing their people and wants them to succeed. I'd highly recommend this company for individuals who are driven to succeed.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement; good compensation; family atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Competitive / Talented / Family-owned
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carlyle, ILApril 28, 2017
There is never a dull moment around this place! Every day offers a new challenge and growth opportunity. Now that the company has broken out into smaller regions, they are re-establishing a culture of family-first and regaining that work-life balance. If you enjoy a competitive atmosphere, this is your company! They are always striving to be better to ensure we are taking the best care possible of our animals! The company is full of talented, innovative individuals who are always willing to expand the business acumen of others. It's also great that the owners are still involved and engage in small talk with everyone.......they truly care about their employees!
Pros
Endless opportunities to learn/Caring individuals/Competitive Atmosphere
Cons
Office Politics
Terrible company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, ILApril 8, 2017
Maintenance director in pittsfield cares about only himself, is two faced, and will lie to you about anything. The GM in pittsfield only cares about meeting goals dosent care about employees. The ownera put up a front and pretend to care but they dont. Forget about your family when u work for the maschhoffs its them first and family whenever you can fit them in. Do not apply to this company you will regret it
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
It's productive
Breeder (Former Employee) –  Carlyle, ILMarch 15, 2017
Some days were different. Come in rotate the insemination bags, morning and evening. Clean up and feed the hogs make sure they were good. Keep record of every hog breed.
Pros
Learn new things everyday
Cons
Ammonia level in the winter
Good job
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, ILMarch 7, 2017
The Maschhoffs is a good place to work. It is a very good job because of the benefits. Pay is average, and sometimes management has too tight of a stranglehold on the pay raises. Seem to micro-manage a little.
Don't work here if you want a life outside of your job
Operations Manager/research (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 5, 2017
There are some good things about the Maschhoffs, but the negatives come to outweigh the positives. They overwork employees and don't care if you hardly have time with your family. Upper management works hard, but they at least have weekends off. They don't listen to complaints, and criticize you when problems are brought up. My family cheered when I told them that I had quit my job. Best decision ever!
Pros
Free coffee. You meet a lot of great students.
Cons
No life and bonuses are based on parameters you have no control over.
Family friendly style
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Denison, IAFebruary 26, 2017
Flexible hours and great company to work for. Makes you great at prioritizing work during your week. Hardest part of the job would be the long driving
Different departments have different experiences
Graduate Genetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Carlyle, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Must be willing to work. Long hours in the barn but with a lot of hard work comes a lot of advancement opportunities. Genetics team is a fun group to work with.
Its not a good company to work for!!!
Technician (Former Employee) –  IowaNovember 4, 2016
This is so the worse company I have ever worked for . THEY make big promises never keep them .was lied to so much when I started working for this company . THEY treat the help terrible . Or I should say most of the help. THE upper management thinks they are hot stuff.and as long as you do what they want right or wrong you can keep a job . Guess what I was looking for a job when I found that one no longer work there will never work for that company AGAIN and would not advise anyone to work for them can't keep help and they change paperwork for their own advantage.
Pros
Cons
They need to clean out some of the higher people
Over worked under paid . No team work management is lazy
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  McLean, ILOctober 28, 2016
Management is lazy. They like to control and delegate and if you work hard and go above and beyond no compensation. Benefits stink, Long hours . Basically your a number working for them and if you say anything they not afraid to tell you your replaceable. They have very high turnover.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long hours, no outside life, management is lazy, poor benefit package, they promise you things only to get you work harder never deliver.
Advancing with this company is a joke
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2016
Advancing with this place is a joke if you don't kiss butt are be in with the upper management you don't get consider. They don't look at the people who put in 110%
Pros
N/a
Cons
Upper management doesn't know what goes on in the day today barn lifestyle
Horrible company to work for. THEY DO NOT APPRECIATE their employees.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Keosauqua, IAMay 4, 2016
A lot of chaos, no organization. The field adviser lies to you and has NO respect for any of the employees. He will directly tell you that you are replaceable. He is very hypocritical. He does exactly what he writes you up for doing. The pay is unfair. They will tell you that you will get bonuses, in a year and a half, we have never seen any. You work weekends and all holidays at only time and a half on Sundays and holidays. There is no overtime pay. Overall, this is a terrible company and terrible management.
Pros
location
Cons
30 min break on a 12 hour day. Pay, work load, expectations
Get ready to get thrown under the bus.
Section Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma, MSMarch 20, 2016
Get ready to be over worked and under paid. Gossip everywhere and managers are part of the he said she said BS. Job security is almost a guarantee because they have a horrible turnover rate. If English is your only language then dont even bother.
Pros
Many hours and inside work. No outside.
Cons
Back stabbing and finger pointing constantly. No help from managers.
Company itself is amazing
Procurement/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlyle, ILDecember 2, 2015
Management could use some updating. Fun working environment. Best thing about my job was the travel and always experiencing new things. It was never boring.
Pros
Free lunches periodically
Cons
Poor management
Do not balance work and home.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Keosauqua, IASeptember 29, 2015
The managers and service managers expect you to not have a family and put work above everything. Thant is of to a certain level but you must also be able to spend some time with family. They don't investigate complaints and just expect you to keep your mouth shut and continue working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Maschhoffs. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3