The McGuire Group Employee Reviews

Corrupt and sneaky company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJuly 12, 2017
Staffed with people who can't work anywhere else. Small group of lying, white trash work hard to destroy anyone who won't play their way. No ethics. Money-making killing machine, both staff and patients. Extremely prejudiced. Run.
Pros
Cons
Lack of caring
Overall Could Be a Better Experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJune 17, 2017
The workers at Seneca Health Care are very rude, however the company as a whole is amazing and very supportive. I absolutely love the residents here, however the staff isn't as welcoming and friendly.
Insider only
LPN (Former Employee) –  Seneca , Buffalo NYMay 23, 2017
LPNs have been running this place, new employees not welcome, lying is part of the culture, drama, drama, more drama, and sadly not as vested in the patients as one would think.

If your not part of the in crowd and you don't have friends or family there don't waste your time.

five star is surprising, so they must be doing something right but not welcoming experience at all.

Would not recommend to anyone, client or employee
Pros
free shirts, food etc
Cons
coworkers who will lie like rugs.
Started alright got worse
Dietary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harris Hill Nursing FacilityMay 7, 2017
McGuire group offered me my first job, and for that I'm still grateful.

I worked there for 5 years. When I started, it was a great place with standards of quality. When I left, the trained employees were payed less than burger king, expected to work harder. The department was perpetually 30% understaffed. HR outright denied there was any problem, GM agreed. The staff that existed did whatever they want and could not be disciplined, as how can you leverage a job that somebody doesn't care about. Standards had fallen to dirt and every shift had became a nightmare.

In the end I left. I worked hard, gave it by best. I watched it fall from a respectable facility to standards to a very negative chaos. It doesn't matter how hard you work, you can't make up for 3 missing people and still feel proud of the job you've done. Especially when you have to do that, in double shifts, every day just to keep a department barely operational.
A good stepping stone
Senior Assessment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 7, 2017
I took advantage of this entry level position which allowed me to learn about the health care industry in my region. No major issues with this organization.
Pros
Good jumping off point
Cons
Minimal room to grow within the company
Loved the personal interaction with all employees and residents
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 5, 2017
I enjoyed working in an environment where I not only was able to know all of the staff members but I was also able to interact with the residents that were cared for in the facility and their families. The residents and families were always well cared for and employees loved seeing the patients happy. It was difficult working with that population because of their age many would pass away. The employee turn over rate was sometimes high in for certain positions due to pay rate and transportation for lower income employees.
Pros
employee appreciation lunches, sponsored employee activities
Cons
healthcare premium for employees
Friendly, Professional...I have found my "Home"
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NYOctober 3, 2016
Almost 3 years ago I came to work at The McGuire Group's Seneca Health Care Center...everyday since then has been a JOY! Yes, work is hard and sometimes not very fun...but the Team at Seneca makes it great!

The McGuire Group offers an amazing work life balance! I'm so impressed with The McGuire Family, the President and VP of the company know my name, address me and include me in matters...this makes me feel very appreciated!

The Administrator, would do anything for any employee!

A career in healthcare is possible for anyone with our Company!

The McGuire Group offers training for C N A's as well as a LPN program! Tuition paid!

Special benefits such as career planning, financial support for education other than the McGuire programs and support for whatever life throws your way is amazing!

The Company strives to promote from within...making every employee feel very important.

If you are looking for an amazing career in healthcare I recommend The McGuire Group, their excellence leads to highly rated facilities which leads to excellent staffing and employee retention!!

FUN, FUN, FUN!
Medical Information Manager (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYMay 19, 2015
Overall The McGuire group s a great place to work. The people care about their job and the services they are providing. I learned so much over 6 years there.
had to float between 5 different facilities
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 18, 2014
loved the experience hated the fact had to call every morning to see were I had to work @. hard part was finding help when I need to because I was from tmg.
comfortable work enviroment with flexible schedule.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville NYJuly 14, 2014
Notes from 8-9, treating patients from 9-12, and again from 1-4. Flexible management that cares about their employee's needs. Friendly staff that are willing to help their co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the progress in your patients.
Pros
flexible schedule, friendly work environment.
Cons
heavy caseloads at certain times of the year.
Productive and creative working environment.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 13, 2013
My position as a Physical Therapist Assistant with The McGuire Group is a very rewarding career. The most difficult part of the job is developing relationships with residents over a period of time, and experiencing them passing. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we have made a difference in the lives of so many people, and noticing patient progression.
overworked and underpaid should be the company motto
nurse (Former Employee) –  seneca health care centerJune 18, 2013
Five star rated facilities, from the residents point of view. Drama abounds especially at Seneca health care center, where the director of nursing gloats at the opportunity to be part of the drama and tells you during orientation this very thing. Greed driven management who can't keep staff in their building. Ridiculous workloads, for minimal reward. Forced to work every holiday your first year. No union rep for nurses at the facility, yet you are forced to pay union dues and get nothing in return. No pay raise in 4 years, management claimed they would have to close facilities and/or lay people off. Shady place to work for. No shift differential for regular employees, only for the group float pool. No pros to working on there, when the union is in the back pocket of management.
Pros
its a paycheck?
Cons
everything. no room for advancement. horrible assignments run on skeleton bare bones staffing
Never a dull moment
Float LPN (Former Employee) –  WNY 5 facilitiesMay 7, 2013
As a float LPN I found the job to be quite challenging and rewarding. was able to fill in for regular staff and was able to care for a multitude of people.
Flexible hours & lots of deiierent experiences!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 11, 2012
I was a float so I able to experience every unit and facility under mcguire group management. I grew to love and adore my residents as well as my coworkers it was like a family environment & that I miss most!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The McGuire Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9