The McIntyre Group Employee Reviews

Bogus ads
None (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 30, 2017
Met with them various times. Same like other agencies. It's all BS. Don't waste people's time who are seriously looking for work by taking time away from their looking for work by skyping, lie and say we have a position but it requires PowerPoint. READ the resumes then. Clearly don't have it. They judge you. I hope they will not be in the same position lots of people looking for work are in. Have some compassion and give people a chance.
Great workplace environment
IT RECRUITING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work. Owner really cares about employees and advancement. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to get into recruiting. Great office space with gym, kitchen, coffee bar.
Not a horrible place to be.
Temp (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 12, 2017
I live in Danbury Ct and started working with them with 1 recruiter. I'm not sure what happened but she ended up leaving the company. She was able to get me several interviews in my area however none really panned out. Once she left I did work with another recruiter who did find me a job right away. I did let her know it was not a good fit but she never responded and I staying for 5 months before leaving. During the five months however I was communicating with my recruiter to find me something else and actually an associate of hers offered me something else and then never responded to my phone calls ever again. After that assignment she sent me to another one that was over an hour away. I expressed my concern with the travel and without notice was yanked from the assignment. Called relentlessly for a week and was told that the jobs they advertised on their website are just to get clients in that area. It is very disappointing because you go to these agencies because you need work and they are supposed to help you I don't understand how after two job assignments in less than 6 months you don't return phone calls and you advise your clients that you really don't have work for them. Be careful with this company if they do get you something good it's because they are personally friends with the owner or manager's which is fine but it may not be in your best interest. Good luck to all looking for jobs. The truth is we're all looking for a place we can fit in and enjoy. As far as I know I still work for them again lack of communication.
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Recruiters are quick to lose interest in you. They don't call back or respond to emails
Account Payable Cordinator
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILOctober 21, 2015
I started the day cutting check for the vendors & then I would have to mail out all the checks. The hardest part of the job was getting everything done in by the end of the day.
Pros
Small Company
Benefits
Temp agency
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 18, 2015
The first 3 agents I had were quick to find me work and
very professional, all move on to other positions some within the company some outside the company, The last agent I had did listen to my specific requests about travel and location.
Pros
temp positions and lead to long term
Cons
can be let go without warning
Productive and fun workplace with lots of free food
Medical assistant/medical records registrar (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport ctJune 13, 2015
Very good agency.the staff is helpful and attentive. Was placed immediately in a company that was willing to work with my limited experience . I was also able to learn things other than just my job title.
Pros
Almost immediate placement
Excellent Temp. Agency
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CtJune 11, 2015
Receuiters were amazing! Very helpful in placing me in top companies. They really took my interests to heart when placing me. Would definitely recommend this company to a friend.
Excellent Agency
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield County CTApril 21, 2015
Professional, very good communication and they find great assignments for me. Duties vary according to assignments. Often, temp to perm results in a job offer.
Pros
Variety of assignments
Cons
Mostly contract work
Best way to get my foot in the door for an Accounting career
Accounting Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 26, 2015
These were some of the things I learned that have been so valuable to me.
• Process monthly transactions such as bank reconciliations, and expense report re-classes
• Manage payables including reviewing bills and printing checks on a weekly basis
• Review monthly report and allocate cell phone charges to individual recruiters
• Designate office supply charges to appropriate office by vendor
• Create reports of monthly account analysis and bank statements
• Performed extraordinary during time as the head of the payroll department
Hard work pays off
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Stamford CTMarch 17, 2015
They got me an interview at a large firm. I took it from there. They get your foot in the door and you need to make sure you do the rest. They arent going to do all the work for you. If you arent willing to put in the effort to get hired, you probably wont end up getting a job. they put you in a position to succeed, it is up to you to do the rest.
Great company
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 9, 2014
Great atmosphere, great group of people to work with. Friendly environment.
Not happy as the rest of these folks seem to be...
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJuly 24, 2014
I was hired almost immediately upon entering their HQ and found out they were making $15/hour for every hour I worked at a non-profit. That obv cut into my hourly rate and lessened the possibility of me staying on as most non-profits have a strict budget.

During the assignment, I developed a mysterious illness where I had a lung collapse (first time ever!) after about 2 months and a chest x-ray. My doctor told me it was coming from the environment where I was working. The building had been devastated by Hurricane Sandy and everyone knew about a mold 'problem' except me. I called my agency and they did not pull me out as they should have done. I am not the expert by any means and was so ill I was not in the right frame of mind to make the healthy choice.

Now that job is finished with a stellar performance review and no job was lined up for me prior to the well-known end-date. I've been told by a sister office I have to login to their website to find jobs, not via the recruiters I spent valuable time interviewing with, and my calls and emails are met with either 'out-of-office' messages or curt abrupt emails. I feel like I am bothering them and no office shares information with another - v annoying after a move.

Cutting ties now as I feel anymore association with this firm will impede my ability to find future work.

A mystery for sure.
Pros
Might find work immediately...
Cons
Unhealthy assignments/HR follow-up poor re: Healthcare/poor pay negotiators
Very personable and pleasant work environment
CONSULTANT (WEBSITE DEVELOPER) (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 3, 2014
I would recommend The McIntyre Group to fellow developers.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
None.
Learning experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 7, 2014
My role was Office Manager. As a Contractor, I was given the respect and responsibilities to oversee the site plus several other locations. I've learned a lot over the years and thank the client for my learning experiences.
Movement
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 26, 2013
Working at the McIntyre group helped me to realize my goal in life they was able to set me up with a job that i loved and grew from I became a better person in general and was able to obtain skills and better old ones.
Great
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 15, 2013
I loved working at CAP because it was like home away from home. Fellow employees were like family. Very friendly work environment.
Great place to help with your job search/career!!
Administrative Assignments (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 22, 2013
The McIntyre Group has always been so professional helping me at all different times in my life when I was seeking a job. They always keep you updated, quick call back, help with my resume, and they don't just care about getting you a job, they care about you as a person!

I have worked for some great companies I would have never experineced if it hadnt been for The McIntyre Group. I recommend them to anyone I know looking for work and I just can't say enough great things about the company and the staff!
Great company
Director of Sales ( Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk ctSeptember 23, 2012
Always a great local company and takes care of the employees
Excellent Temporary Placement Agency
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 30, 2012
Excellent temporary placement agency. My assignments were with top employers.
excellent (Former Employee) –  MNJuly 26, 2012

what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
excellent
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The McIntyre Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2