The McIntyre Group Employee Reviews in United States

Temp agency
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 18, 2015
The first 3 agents I had were quick to find me work and
very professional, all move on to other positions some within the company some outside the company, The last agent I had did listen to my specific requests about travel and location.
Pros
temp positions and lead to long term
Cons
can be let go without warning
Always had work available when I first started for this company.
Full_time Temp (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 9, 2012
A typical day at work is depending on which company I was assigned to, I would log into the computer to begin an eight hour shift taking phone calls.
I learned about Postage meters, how to add money to the machine, how to order a rate chip and how to take payments.
Management was good to an extent. This company has more than one office so to me I felt like they should have a better communication with each other when one office is sending their workers to help out with the other site.
There really was nothing tough. Once trained correctly, I never had an issue where I needed to keep asking questions.
The most enjoyable part about the job is that I was able to meet new people and show my skills within the company
Pros
incentives for referrals
Cons
communication not good
Productive and fun workplace with lots of free food
Medical assistant/medical records registrar (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport ctJune 13, 2015
Very good agency.the staff is helpful and attentive. Was placed immediately in a company that was willing to work with my limited experience . I was also able to learn things other than just my job title.
Pros
Almost immediate placement
Best way to get my foot in the door for an Accounting career
Accounting Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 26, 2015
These were some of the things I learned that have been so valuable to me.
• Process monthly transactions such as bank reconciliations, and expense report re-classes
• Manage payables including reviewing bills and printing checks on a weekly basis
• Review monthly report and allocate cell phone charges to individual recruiters
• Designate office supply charges to appropriate office by vendor
• Create reports of monthly account analysis and bank statements
• Performed extraordinary during time as the head of the payroll department
Excellent Temp. Agency
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CtJune 11, 2015
Receuiters were amazing! Very helpful in placing me in top companies. They really took my interests to heart when placing me. Would definitely recommend this company to a friend.
Hard work pays off
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Stamford CTMarch 17, 2015
They got me an interview at a large firm. I took it from there. They get your foot in the door and you need to make sure you do the rest. They arent going to do all the work for you. If you arent willing to put in the effort to get hired, you probably wont end up getting a job. they put you in a position to succeed, it is up to you to do the rest.
Excellent Agency
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield County CTApril 21, 2015
Professional, very good communication and they find great assignments for me. Duties vary according to assignments. Often, temp to perm results in a job offer.
Pros
Variety of assignments
Cons
Mostly contract work
Very personable and pleasant work environment
CONSULTANT (WEBSITE DEVELOPER) (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 3, 2014
I would recommend The McIntyre Group to fellow developers.
Pros
great management team
Cons
none.
excellent (Former Employee) –  MNJuly 26, 2012

what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
excellent
Cons
Great place to help with your job search/career!!
Administrative Assignments (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 22, 2013
The McIntyre Group has always been so professional helping me at all different times in my life when I was seeking a job. They always keep you updated, quick call back, help with my resume, and they don't just care about getting you a job, they care about you as a person!

I have worked for some great companies I would have never experineced if it hadnt been for The McIntyre Group. I recommend them to anyone I know looking for work and I just can't say enough great things about the company and the staff!
Great company
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 9, 2014
Great atmosphere, great group of people to work with. Friendly environment.
Learning experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 7, 2014
My role was Office Manager. As a Contractor, I was given the respect and responsibilities to oversee the site plus several other locations. I've learned a lot over the years and thank the client for my learning experiences.
Not happy as the rest of these folks seem to be...
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJuly 24, 2014
I was hired almost immediately upon entering their HQ and found out they were making $15/hour for every hour I worked at a non-profit. That obv cut into my hourly rate and lessened the possibility of me staying on as most non-profits have a strict budget.

During the assignment, I developed a mysterious illness where I had a lung collapse (first time ever!) after about 2 months and a chest x-ray. My doctor told me it was coming from the environment where I was working. The building had been devastated by Hurricane Sandy and everyone knew about a mold 'problem' except me. I called my agency and they did not pull me out as they should have done. I am not the expert by any means and was so ill I was not in the right frame of mind to make the healthy choice.

Now that job is finished with a stellar performance review and no job was lined up for me prior to the well-known end-date. I've been told by a sister office I have to login to their website to find jobs, not via the recruiters I spent valuable time interviewing with, and my calls and emails are met with either 'out-of-office' messages or curt abrupt emails. I feel like I am bothering them and no office shares information with another - v annoying after a move.

Cutting ties now as I feel anymore association with this firm will impede my ability to find future work.

A mystery for sure.
Pros
might find work immediately...
Cons
unhealthy assignments/hr follow-up poor re: healthcare/poor pay negotiators
Excellent and Professional Company
Temp (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 23, 2012
McIntyre has been an excellent company to work with,. They are consienctious and involve you in their effort to get you situated in a position. I highly recommend them.
Movement
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 26, 2013
Working at the McIntyre group helped me to realize my goal in life they was able to set me up with a job that i loved and grew from I became a better person in general and was able to obtain skills and better old ones.
Excellent Temporary Placement Agency
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 30, 2012
Excellent temporary placement agency. My assignments were with top employers.
very pleasant place to work
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  bridgeport,ctJanuary 19, 2012
I loved working for this company and would recommend it to friends the staff was awesome am looking to work with them in the near future
Pros
assigned me to a good location
Great
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 15, 2013
I loved working at CAP because it was like home away from home. Fellow employees were like family. Very friendly work environment.
Great company
Director of Sales ( Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk ctSeptember 23, 2012
Always a great local company and takes care of the employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The McIntyre Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4