The McIntyre Group

The McIntyre Group Employer Reviews

Not happy as the rest of these folks seem to be...
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Westport, CTJuly 24, 2014
Pros: might find work immediately...
Cons: unhealthy assignments/hr follow-up poor re: healthcare/poor pay negotiators
I was hired almost immediately upon entering their HQ and found out they were making $15/hour for every hour I worked at a non-profit. That obv cut into my hourly rate and lessened the possibility of me staying on as most non-profits have a strict budget.

During the assignment, I developed a mysterious illness where I had a lung collapse (first time – more... ever!) after about 2 months and a chest x-ray. My doctor told me it was coming from the environment where I was working. The building had been devastated by Hurricane Sandy and everyone knew about a mold 'problem' except me. I called my agency and they did not pull me out as they should have done. I am not the expert by any means and was so ill I was not in the right frame of mind to make the healthy choice.

Now that job is finished with a stellar performance review and no job was lined up for me prior to the well-known end-date. I've been told by a sister office I have to login to their website to find jobs, not via the recruiters I spent valuable time interviewing with, and my calls and emails are met with either 'out-of-office' messages or curt abrupt emails. I feel like I am bothering them and no office shares information with another - v annoying after a move.

Cutting ties now as I feel anymore association with this firm will impede my ability to find future work.

A mystery for sure. – less
Very personable and pleasant work environment
CONSULTANT (WEBSITE DEVELOPER) (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJune 3, 2014
Pros: great management team
Cons: none.
I would recommend The McIntyre Group to fellow developers.
Learning experience
Office Manager (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMay 7, 2014
My role was Office Manager. As a Contractor, I was given the respect and responsibilities to oversee the site plus several other locations. I've learned a lot over the years and thank the client for my learning experiences.
Movement
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Shelton, CTJune 26, 2013
Working at the McIntyre group helped me to realize my goal in life they was able to set me up with a job that i loved and grew from I became a better person in general and was able to obtain skills and better old ones.
Great
Contract Employee (Former Employee), Shelton, CTMay 15, 2013
I loved working at CAP because it was like home away from home. Fellow employees were like family. Very friendly work environment.
Great place to help with your job search/career!!
Administrative Assignments (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMarch 22, 2013
The McIntyre Group has always been so professional helping me at all different times in my life when I was seeking a job. They always keep you updated, quick call back, help with my resume, and they don't just care about getting you a job, they care about you as a person!

I have worked for some great companies I would have never experineced if it hadnt – more... been for The McIntyre Group. I recommend them to anyone I know looking for work and I just can't say enough great things about the company and the staff! – less
Great company
Director of Sales ( Consultant) (Former Employee), Norwalk ctSeptember 23, 2012
Always a great local company and takes care of the employees
Excellent Temporary Placement Agency
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJuly 30, 2012
Excellent temporary placement agency. My assignments were with top employers.
excellent
excellent (Former Employee), MNJuly 26, 2012
Pros: excellent
Cons: no
excellent

what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Excellent and Professional Company
Temp (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTMay 23, 2012
McIntyre has been an excellent company to work with,. They are consienctious and involve you in their effort to get you situated in a position. I highly recommend them.
Always had work available when I first started for this company.
Full_time Temp (Former Employee), Shelton, CTApril 9, 2012
Pros: incentives for referrals
Cons: communication not good
A typical day at work is depending on which company I was assigned to, I would log into the computer to begin an eight hour shift taking phone calls.
I learned about Postage meters, how to add money to the machine, how to order a rate chip and how to take payments.
Management was good to an extent. This company has more than one office so to me I felt – more... like they should have a better communication with each other when one office is sending their workers to help out with the other site.
There really was nothing tough. Once trained correctly, I never had an issue where I needed to keep asking questions.
The most enjoyable part about the job is that I was able to meet new people and show my skills within the company – less
very pleasant place to work
customer service rep (Former Employee), bridgeport,ctJanuary 19, 2012
Pros: assigned me to a good location
I loved working for this company and would recommend it to friends the staff was awesome am looking to work with them in the near future

About The McIntyre Group

The McIntyre Group is a group of affiliated companies operated under "The McIntyre Group" name, each of which provides – Read more