The Medical Center of Aurora

The Medical Center of Aurora Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (Former Employee), Aurora, CONovember 18, 2013
Pros: great people to work with, flexible schedule.
Cons: sometimes i was asked to perform duties outside my job description
Very professional staff for whom to work, flexible schedule, highly skilled nurses and physicians.

I enjoyed my duties and interacting with staff. My co-workers were fun to work with as well as supportive and easy to work with.

A typical day at work included attending team conferences and planning meetings. I would facilitate several groups a day – more... that may have included: music, pet therapy, exercise, discussion groups, games, arts and crafts. – less
Advanced my career here and learned & continue to learn several skills
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Aurora, COSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: rn profession recognition program
Cons: benefits
Is an overall good hospital with excellent doctor groups and staff members
good place to work
Staff Nurse, Relief Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Aurora, COAugust 8, 2013
Pros: co-workers, majority of staff have great attitudes.
Cons: management, diconnected from staff
Great opportunity for individual growth, overall great co-workers.
Low Turnover = Dedicated Employees
Social Work Case Manager (Former Employee), Case ManagmentJuly 13, 2013
Pros: staff support each other
Cons: subject to lay offs out of control of managers (due to census or financials)
I worked at TMCA for 3 years in case management.. Seven years later almost all of the staff is still there - that really says something. If I wasn't moving out of state, I would have gone back with gratitude. The staff in the department are supportive of each other, focused on quality patient care.
Unethical standards
Maintenance (Former Employee), Medical Center of AuroraApril 22, 2013
Pros: nice health benefits, clean environmnet
Cons: supervisors are untrained and unethical
Most coworkers were great. Supervisors are unethical and unsupportive. Loved my job for 10 years till new supervisors came on board and lauched attacks on others.
The rehab department is full of supportive staff.
PRN Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 16, 2013
Pros: wonderful staff
Cons: low pay
I never got to do a hospital rotation with school. The rehab department still gave me a chance and everyone is very nice and helpful. There are lots of learning opportunities and the management provides wonderful support.
A better place to work than many others
RN (Former Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: most doctors showed respect to most of the nurses.
Cons: lunch breaks were rare, but we had to clock out for them anyway. tmca as a whole used to have a sense of pride, but as they have been cutting corners on things (christmas dinners, tmca labeled gifts when doring surveys, etc, moral has dropped.
At work, I was given a fair load of paitents, and if things were particular difficulty there were always friendly coworkers who were willing to help. They really have a team focus in the ICU, and the more experienced nurses are always willing to teach the newer nurses. My bigest difficutly was that I never trusted my management or anyone in the HR department – more... who was supposed to be an advocate to ever come to my aid in a time of need. – less
Cohesive, functioning
Certified Nurse Midwife (Current Employee), Aurora, CONovember 14, 2012
Pros: meals are provided for cnms in cafeteria or the physician's lounge. cnms have own private call room.
Cons: call is always in-house 24/7 even when provider has no patients in labor, poor communication noted with ancillary staff seems part of the culture, the corporation makes decisions that affect professional practice.
There is a spirit of teamwork amongst the midwives. The midwives are involved in each others lives outside of work. Some of the midwives have been working together for upwards of 15 years or more. The midwives support each other in the clinical setting and outside of work, celebrating major life events and holidays together. There is acceptance of the – more... profession of midwifery at the hospital. The midwives do about half of the hospital births each month.

Back-up physicians are accessible for consultation and (for the most part) embrace the midwifery philosophy.

There are challenges with nurses and communication with nurse midwives. Accessiblity of care for undocumented patients is somewhat limited if there are complications that require gyn procedures, repetitive ultrasounds, and/or psychosocial support within the hospital system and at times in the community. – less
Great co-workers, poor pay.
Registered Nurse - Orthopedic/New Vision Unit (Current Employee), Aurora, COJuly 30, 2012
Pros: very flexible work schedule. only been denied a day off once.
Cons: getting a raise is like pulling teeth.
I love my co-workers! They are the main reason why I have worked here so long. This is a Magnet facility, one of the best hospitals in the Denver Metro area but the pay does NOT reflect that. My director does not seem to care about anything 'the numbers'.
Great co-workers, poor pay.
Pros: very flexible work schedule. only been denied a day off once.
Cons: getting a raise is like pulling teeth.
excellent place to work
EMT-Basic (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 17, 2012
Pros: on your feet
Cons: none that i can think of
Great co-workers and management team. Fast paced and fun. I liked the consent helpfulness of the staff. Enjoyed the triaging processes and learning with skilled nurses and doctors.
Family taking care of families.
Unit Secretary - Labor and Delivery (Former Employee), Aurora, COMarch 29, 2012
TMCA has been a wonderful place to work. Everyone is a part
of the family. Patients are treated with care and respect.
Good place to work.
HIM Rep (Former Employee), Aurora, CoMarch 22, 2012
Pros: discounts on lunches
Cons: close to home
Was able to learn a lot about on how a chart becomes a medical claim and a medical bill. Dept manager could not handle job and personnel.