The Medical Center of Aurora

The Medical Center of Aurora Employee Reviews in United States

Instrument Technician
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 3, 2016
I loved working here. If there was a full time position available, I would be working here again. The people in the O.R. and all around the hospital are very nice. Hard work, but always got my lunch break.
Structured supportive working environment. Adequate training and encourage and assist in professional growth
RN Discharge Planner/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 18, 2015
Structured supportive working environment. Adequate training an encouragement and assistance with professional growth. Fair, somewhat competitive pay scale. EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE.
nice place to work
Registrar (Current Employee) –  aurora,coAugust 13, 2015
love the department i work with, a good team, outstanding management within registration. able to futher my education as far as becoming more knowledgable to the work that i do
High turn over for Pharm techs here
Pharm tech (Former Employee) –  PotomacJuly 30, 2015
Aurora Medical was the worst place I have ever worked. Upper management does not like pharm techs here. When the old mgr was here it was a great place to work but since it was taken over by this new mgr, it felt like I had to talk myself into going in, they don't care about the pharmacy technicians. In three years I have seen over twenty pharmacist leave, and even more pharmacy technicians than I count, I felt like they asked for more work than they were willing to pay for because they try to work to short staffed. . Not focused on the importance of the patient more for saving a buck. They constantly had to borrow meds from other facilities and some patients even had to order their own through separate entities. Although I did work with some great people and met some great friends that made it a little better but not because management built a great team, just that we had a lot to talk about because we didn't like the new manager so much. If I could have I would have gave management a minus 5.
Pros
Pharmacist were nice, pharm techs were nice....
Cons
Everything else
Good place to work as a Respiratory Therapist
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 16, 2015
I enjoyed my time at TMCA working as a Respiratory Therapist. Working nights provided more opportunity for autonomy with patient care.
Nice Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 26, 2015
Great staff and management in the Cardiac Tower. Worked there as a CNA until I graduate nursing school. Very flexible in scheduling, making a work/life balance possible. Great place to work, great experience. Pay scale is on the lower side compared to surrounding hospitals, however the management and staff make up for that. Very team oriented.
short staffed with low benefits
Medical Assistant and Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 6, 2015
Clock in and let morning staff have break, handle change of shift. day includes phlebotomy, phones, stocking. I learned to respond to trauma in a calm manner. Management's hands are tied and there is no autonomy due to HCA. Dealing with severe trauma in the ER was very hard. Most enjoyable were the frequent patients. Benefits and pay are low.
Fun place to work, great coworkers
Pharmacy Technician/Externship (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 3, 2015
This was used during my extern, and I can not say anything bad about my experience. Every employee helped me and I enjoyed every minute of it
Love my colleagues! Management lacks tact/professionalism.
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora South PCUMarch 18, 2014
A typical day involves caring for cardiac patients. The multidisciplinary team is great. I have gained experience in post op CABG care. The biggest downfall here is that managers discriminate-show favoritism among certain staff, inflexible, and are unappreciative of those who work hard. Another down fall is that there is not much interaction between the nurses and physicians. The hardest part of this job is that nurses here get paid very little compared to the surrounding hospitals. The most enjoyable is the relationships that have been established and the cohesiveness among the team.
Pros
payroll deduction in gift shop and cafeteria, co-workers
Cons
short breaks/no breaks, need more leaders vs. managers, inflexible scheduling, small break rooms, inconsiderate and unappreciative of staff
Great place to work.
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 18, 2013
Very professional staff for whom to work, flexible schedule, highly skilled nurses and physicians.

I enjoyed my duties and interacting with staff. My co-workers were fun to work with as well as supportive and easy to work with.

A typical day at work included attending team conferences and planning meetings. I would facilitate several groups a day that may have included: music, pet therapy, exercise, discussion groups, games, arts and crafts.
Pros
great people to work with, flexible schedule.
Cons
sometimes i was asked to perform duties outside my job description
Advanced my career here and learned & continue to learn several skills
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 20, 2013
Is an overall good hospital with excellent doctor groups and staff members
Pros
rn profession recognition program
benefits
good place to work
Staff Nurse, Relief Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 8, 2013
Great opportunity for individual growth, overall great co-workers.
Pros
co-workers, majority of staff have great attitudes.
Cons
management, diconnected from staff
Low Turnover = Dedicated Employees
Social Work Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Case ManagmentJuly 13, 2013
I worked at TMCA for 3 years in case management.. Seven years later almost all of the staff is still there - that really says something. If I wasn't moving out of state, I would have gone back with gratitude. The staff in the department are supportive of each other, focused on quality patient care.
Pros
staff support each other
Cons
subject to lay offs out of control of managers (due to census or financials)
Unethical standards
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Medical Center of AuroraApril 22, 2013
Most coworkers were great. Supervisors are unethical and unsupportive. Loved my job for 10 years till new supervisors came on board and lauched attacks on others.
Pros
nice health benefits, clean environmnet
Cons
supervisors are untrained and unethical
The rehab department is full of supportive staff.
PRN Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 16, 2013
I never got to do a hospital rotation with school. The rehab department still gave me a chance and everyone is very nice and helpful. There are lots of learning opportunities and the management provides wonderful support.
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
low pay
A better place to work than many others
RN (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 21, 2013
At work, I was given a fair load of paitents, and if things were particular difficulty there were always friendly coworkers who were willing to help. They really have a team focus in the ICU, and the more experienced nurses are always willing to teach the newer nurses. My bigest difficutly was that I never trusted my management or anyone in the HR department who was supposed to be an advocate to ever come to my aid in a time of need.
Pros
most doctors showed respect to most of the nurses.
Cons
lunch breaks were rare, but we had to clock out for them anyway. tmca as a whole used to have a sense of pride, but as they have been cutting corners on things (christmas dinners, tmca labeled gifts when doring surveys, etc, moral has dropped.
Cohesive, functioning
Certified Nurse Midwife (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 14, 2012
There is a spirit of teamwork amongst the midwives. The midwives are involved in each others lives outside of work. Some of the midwives have been working together for upwards of 15 years or more. The midwives support each other in the clinical setting and outside of work, celebrating major life events and holidays together. There is acceptance of the profession of midwifery at the hospital. The midwives do about half of the hospital births each month.

Back-up physicians are accessible for consultation and (for the most part) embrace the midwifery philosophy.

There are challenges with nurses and communication with nurse midwives. Accessiblity of care for undocumented patients is somewhat limited if there are complications that require gyn procedures, repetitive ultrasounds, and/or psychosocial support within the hospital system and at times in the community.
Pros
meals are provided for cnms in cafeteria or the physician's lounge. cnms have own private call room.
Cons
call is always in-house 24/7 even when provider has no patients in labor, poor communication noted with ancillary staff seems part of the culture, the corporation makes decisions that affect professional practice.
Great co-workers, poor pay.
Registered Nurse - Orthopedic/New Vision Unit (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 30, 2012
I love my co-workers! They are the main reason why I have worked here so long. This is a Magnet facility, one of the best hospitals in the Denver Metro area but the pay does NOT reflect that. My director does not seem to care about anything 'the numbers'.
Pros
very flexible work schedule. only been denied a day off once.
Cons
getting a raise is like pulling teeth.
excellent place to work
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 17, 2012
Great co-workers and management team. Fast paced and fun. I liked the consent helpfulness of the staff. Enjoyed the triaging processes and learning with skilled nurses and doctors.
Pros
on your feet
Cons
none that i can think of
Family taking care of families.
Unit Secretary - Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 29, 2012
TMCA has been a wonderful place to work. Everyone is a part
of the family. Patients are treated with care and respect.