The Medical Center of Plano Employee Reviews

No support or help in an overworked environment
ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 9, 2015
The nurses were over worked in a very high stress environment with no support staff or help. You deal with very sick patients and learn a lot but after 12 hours you can barely function enough to get home.
Great place and people to work witj
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 18, 2015
I loved working here and that is why I stayed for so many years.
The job was the most fulfilling as ever with wonderful co- workers who were always professional, had a great work ethic and worked as a team. I had friends in every department.

I also was privileged to work PRN in the Cardiology department with the Coumadin Clinic patients for about 6 years.
Excellent staff and physicians
Registered Nurse CCU (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Beautiful facility, caring staff, great doctors make this a great place to work. Small facility, most everyone is known by name. Doctors in this hospital are great to work with and are very knowledgeable.
Diverse, fast-pace environment
Hospital Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 10, 2015
Assist Doctors with inputting orders. Answer and direct incoming calls to appropriate staff. Direct nursing staff to patients in need.
Pros
3-day work week, benefits, awesome nursing staff
Cons
Salary could be better for unit secretaries
Great employees to work with. Team atmosphere.
Telemetry Technician II/Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 23, 2015
One of the best working experiences of my career. Facility is great for team work and support. Advancing is encouraged. Management surprisingly attentive.
Cons
short breaks
Detailed work experience scheduling surgerys
Medical Scheduler II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Typical work day scheduling surgery appointments, insurance verification, code calling to remind patients of their appointments. I learned to maintain a organized work space in order to keep up with the work load. Management was helpful to a certain point and my co-workers were heaven sent because we all worked together and helped one another when needed.The hardest part of being a medical scheduler was the over abundances of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the patients with their appointments.
Pros
Helping the patients.
Cons
No breaks in between and 100 + calls everyday.
flexibility
RN - Neuro ICU (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 10, 2015
The staff are great to work with, the hardest part of the job was working understaffed and the most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and the people.
Pros
Excellent team work
Cons
under staffed
Fast paced workplace requiring strong critical thinking skills
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 7, 2014
Medical Center of Plano Neuro Trauma Unit is a very fast paced unit with critically ill patients requiring constant care. Strong critical thinking skills are a must in this position. Learning is a constant in this area and is encouraged by management. This unit consists of a teamwork environment that is also encouraged by management.
Extensive experience working with oncoogy patients
Registered Nurse Med/Surg Oncology (Former Employee) –  Plano TxMarch 18, 2014
Wonderful experience working with oncology patients. A typical day began with assessing my patients and and passing medications utilizing my skill with IV starts and actually have gotten very good as cancer patients are very hard sticks. Accessed mediports inserted foley catheters IV, insulin and heparin therapies. Worked closely with MD's and Oncologists to closely monitor patients for life threatening conditions and any changes in their condition throughout the day. Excellent charting and documentation skills as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing the rapport with patients and co workers as well.
Some employees resistant to change
Druggist (Former Employee) –  PharmacyFebruary 6, 2013
Some employees in the department are not open to change. If you don't look or sound like them, you're not welcomed. People talk too much about others. Some people constantly run to director's office to talk about others. Evening manager is sleek. In your face she acts all friendly but quick to talk behind your back. Same with crew on my night shift. Environment was toxic for me. Workload for position was stressful, too many interruptions prevented me from doing my job. Not adequately staffed for a level 2 trauma.
Pros
salary, some co-workers, ability to provide care for critically patients.
Cons
toxic environment, some co-workers gossip/snitch

Want to know more about The Medical Center of Plano?

Ask a question
Passionate with patient care and about my team
Manager,Outpatient Imaging Centers (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 2, 2012
There are challenges being manger of Mammography and other two Outpatient Imaging centers, but I enjoy taking those challenges on personal level to resolve and make my patients and team happy at the end of the day on daily basis.
My co- workers love working with me. There is no hard part of any job, if you put your heart and hard work to it.
I love getting up each morning and be ready for my work's challenges to make my patients and my team very satisfied each day!
Pros
team work
Cons
none!
Great Experience
Emergency Department Nurse (Former Employee) –  plano, texasSeptember 21, 2013
I received great trauma nursing experience at this level II trauma center. The down fall is that they do not ever staff enough nursing for it to be a "safe" environment for the patients. They go through ER managers approximately every 6-8 months. There is little to no consistency between managers. Helicopters are landing constantly with traumas but there are not enough staff to ever properly care for them.
Pros
great experience
Cons
not safe
Productive and fun place to work, a team effort atmosphere.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 1, 2012
I enjoy my work, I can plan my day and work without being micromanaged. The co-workers I work with are incredible nurses and very hlepful. That where the team work comed into play. The hardest part of the day is at the end of the shift. When I am trying to finish end of shift work and the ER is sending several patients at one time. But again the team work kicks in. I really enjoy my day at work, you never know how it will play out and that can be exciting.

The problem I have now is when the cenesus is low I get called off work or called to come in later. It keeps you wondering if you will work or not. I am having to use my PTO for this and now will not have any for vacation.
Pros
free lunches, stars for excellant customer service
Cons
getting called off work, having to use all my pto
Great place to gain experience in the healthcare industry
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 4, 2015
This is a great place to gain experience and help people in need. Great benefits but low compensation for Technicians in general
I like the medical center of plano.
Certified Surgical First Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 21, 2014
we are a level one trauma hospital so it can be slow at first, then it could change really fast. at this hospital I have learned how to scrub in any procedure possible. I get along great with all my co workers and the hardest part of my job is the hour drive to work. I love my job and would not want to anything about it.
no work life balance, no personal accountability
Director (Current Employee) –  Plano TxAugust 27, 2015
used to be a great place to work. not any more!
blaming culture, no personal responsibiltiy, no support, no work life balance
A typical work day at the hospital.
PRN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 22, 2012
I love working at the Hospital, when I arrive at work, I always take the time out to speak to each and every employee, who is on duty for that day. I check the cafe' to see if anyone needs help, talk to the other on duty supervisor and get information, as to how the day has gone. I enjoy the staff I work with, when I'm at work. The hardest part, would be for me is when the hospital system Dine-on-Demand goes down, for the most part I enjoy, knowing I can help someone, be that listening ear'' when someone needs to vent'' and going up on the floor to talk to a patient, who might not be happy with a meal they were served that day. I have learned a great deal from being a Supervisor, this will help me in the future, as I pursue my career in Foodservice Hospitality and Management.
Pros
free lunches, free parking and coming together as a team!!!!!
Cons
open 7 days, working on holidays and weekends.
General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Plano,TxJuly 9, 2014
Supervises and performs a variety of specific and general, maintenance
* Preventative maintenance as well as inspections,
* servicing and overhaul of equipment and facilities of the hospital which includes mechanical, electrical, HVAC (refrigeration, cooling, heating, boilers, chillers, pumps, motors) and * Plumbing functions
very hard to do the job with such inconsistanct managment
hostess/Food & Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Plano, TexasFebruary 25, 2014
work environment very stressful, always short handed, hard to meet
management demands that were unrealistic. co-workers not treated equally, too many pets. serving patients , very enjoyable.
Pros
food allowance per shift. good health benefits.
Cons
inconsistant treatment of employees
Registered Nurse
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 19, 2015
great work place, great work environment, no issues with coworkers
friendly work environment
great experience with this being level 2 trauma hospital

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Medical Center of Plano. Our community is ready to answer.

The Medical Center of Plano Reviews by Location