THE MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Zero Stars for this place if I could! Very unprofessional.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loudon, TNNovember 17, 2017
Management lacks so bad, I would never recommend a friend to work there. Once they do not get what they want from you they treat you like you are nothing there.
Cons
Bad salary, unprofessional
Productive and quality care facility
Staff RN-OR (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 31, 2017
Typical work day of 10-20 scheduled surgeries. Good clinical skills workout, critical thinking workout, friendly workplace culture. Caring and considerate management. Most important part of job is taking care of patients and ensuring quality outcomes. Job sometimes hard due to work load/staff ratio. Learned to continue to utilize and hone clinical skills. Institution very up to date on education maintenance.
Pros
Very clean facility
Cons
Costs for services very expensive
Understaffed and poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 25, 2017
Hospital is always understaffed. Management is poor, and they do not advocate for their employees. Not al lot of opportunities for advancement. Pay is mediocre and benefits are not good.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Understaffed, Poor Management
Teaching
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, MOAugust 11, 2017
This was my first job out of school it was a great place to start. I worked with 4 physicians and an FNP-C. This is the place where everyone is like family. If I hadn't been offered a position with health insurance I would probably still be there.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
No health insurance
Overworked and understaffed
Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 26, 2017
Turnover is a problem. There is a severe shortage of qualified, experienced nurses and charge nurses. Every shift is a fight to keep your head above water.
Pros
Critical care experience, fantastic MDs and CNMs
Cons
Workload, staff to patient ratios, stress, training, lack of teamwork, management
productive and a fun place to work
Cardiac/Telemetry Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 12, 2017
I enjoyed going to work and providing good quality of care to patients. This company is culture competence. The hardest part of the job is not being able to give every patient good care.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Large variety of specialty services provided
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 7, 2017
Enjoyed working with my co-workers. Large variety of specialty services offered. Very flexible with my school schedule, allowing me to continue my education.
medical center
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  KyMay 18, 2017
Felt as though no none took interest in my career. Being a nurse is important to me, but finding where I needed to go after nursing was even more important.
Job for people who settle.
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 6, 2017
Pay is ok. Benefits are great. Supervisors do gossip and don't promote teamwork. Staff are overworked and stress workers due to employee shortage in majority departments. Hard to request days off and vacation. Its not easy to transfer positions. Managers hold workers back on advancing to other departments unless its CNA and its a one year requirement to work there.
Pros
Subway, training, pto
Cons
management, no help, favortism, short-staffed
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 1, 2017
Nice place to work, competitive & busy growing for expanding population. Nice group of employees.Very diverse. I learn something new everyday and have to care for all types of patients/family as well as staff member
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know patients and families and helping them navigate through the healthcare system. Saving lives is very rewarding.
Pros
Good woork group
Cons
some long hours
A competitive hospital
Nurse Externship (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 11, 2017
It was fun been around of a big hospital with so many departments to explore. The emergency department was incredible, it is a level 2 hospital and for that is exciting
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
low payment
basic job responsibilities
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 5, 2017
verified insurance, pull paper charts and replaced charts alphabetically, performed EKG,Spirometry tests, triaged patients, Phlebotomy, assisted gynecologist in all gynecoligical testing, setting up examination room for each patient making sure everything was stocked handing over all tools, and GYN test kits to gynecologist as well as perform all lab work on specimens
Pros
great multi clinical and adminstrative skills, high volume practice
Cons
30 min lunch
Enteractive Work Enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 6, 2017
Give medications, assist in vital signs, assessments, admissions and discharges of patients. Nurse education, and interventions with patients. Answered call lights, and phone calls. Took direct orders from Physicians, charted in Meditech
Pros
Great Patients
Cons
n/a
Unfair delegation of patients, unsafe work load and charge nurses play favorites
Med-Surgical/Ortho/Pedi RN (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 10, 2017
Toxic environment, charge nurses allowed to play favorites, allows nurses to sleep on duty, dangerous place to be, Worry about your license and protecting it
Good
Financial Counselor Manager (Former Employee) –  The MARS Group, TX, SEJanuary 31, 2017
Good place to work, pleasant and inviting. I love being apart of such a wonderful team. Everyone is friendly and kind. This is a place that I would recommend to anyone seeking employment.
This Hospital was my second home
CNA/Multi Skilled Tech/Unit Secratary (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 28, 2016
I worked 12 hour shifts 3 days a week. No weekend or holidays. I ran the unit desk as well as taking patients when staffed short. I did daily call backs to patients to see how they are recovering and answering any questions they may have. Conduct interviews with panel. I also order all supplies for the unit and stocked. I was used as a unit resource and precept new employees. In my spare time or days off I would come in and assist the director in the office.The Medical Center of Aurora always had room to grow with education and experiences. The staffed I worked with was like my second family and we had great team work. The hardest part of my job was correcting things that were done wrong through staff and physicians.The most enjoyable about the Medical Center was that cultural diversity and staff still having fun while working.
Pros
Self schedule
benefits
family environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 21, 2016
The environment you are in is very diverse and family oriented. Always feeling part of the group. Great place to learn skills outside of your day to day job if you desire it.
Really is a Great Pace to work!
PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE Plano, TX (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 15, 2016
The staff I worked with was awesome. Everyone looked out for each other and we worked as a team. There was always a celebration for something The supervisors always kept you informed on everything going on
Pros
free lunches there was always lots of prizes to win and the christmas parties was of the chain
Cons
point system if you late to many times you get wrote up quick
Love my job
Extern(Medical Biller and Coder) (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYSeptember 21, 2016
I love working for CHC! Friendly Co-workers and The experience is amazing! I highly recommend working for CHC if your in the medical field!
goof benifits
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 19, 2016
Working at this establishment can be productive and fast paced. Learning of good time management skills is a must. The hardest part of my job is when my job duties become busy, and I wish I could have done more. The enjoyable part of my job is when people overcome their illness and get to go home. Management is available to address your needs. The coworkers are always willing to lend a helping hand.
Pros
cleanliness of the building and the grounds
Cons
I wish they had more healthy options in the cafeteria