THE MEDICAL CENTER

THE MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Wonderful place to work, education reimbursement
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Columbus, GeorgiaApril 12, 2014
Pros: team work and a great work environment, tuition reimbursement, worked 24 hours and got paid for 40 hours during rn school.
Cons: overload of work
Got to work and gave set up medication and administered medications to patients. Charted medications that were given. Assisted other nurses as needed.
Productive and alwys busy
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), The Medical CenterFebruary 17, 2014
Registered patients worked with insurance companies kept all files in order as required by law. Did anything that was asked of me while I was working. I helped train the new people that came in to my department.
Pleasant co-workers
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: having to work weekends
Was overall a good place to work. I loved being able to work in the Surgery Department. Co-workers were very pleasant and enjoyable to work with.
Productive and busy workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus GaDecember 16, 2013
Pros: discounts on lunches & uniforms
Cons: organization
Working there was wonderful experiencing the hospital environment. Sometimes, it can be very stressful dealing with the chaotic environment. However, it was very beneficial to have this added to my experience.
Work as a Team
Clinical and Lab Processing Technician (Former Employee), Beaver, PANovember 20, 2013
I took samples to said departments. Did chain of command for drug testing.
excellent job
Occupational Therapist Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee), Worcester, MANovember 20, 2013
Supervised o.t. and activity staff and did the budget and developed partial program. Did daily groups and one on one treatment with the patients. Again best part of job was working with the patients and being able to help them get better.
Team Work!
Nursing Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Princeton, NJOctober 23, 2013
Is a productive facility. Management promotes team work, friendly atmosphere.
work was busy
Surgical Tech, Labor and Delivery (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: benefits were awsome
Cons: pay at that time was crumby
great place of employment, days were busy and always on your feet. management was good and professional
A good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 14, 2013
Pros: meet really great people
Cons: very hard work and long hours.
Leared alot about myself how to take care of people and communicate.
Excellent career opportunity.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYMay 8, 2013
Thankful for my experience
Helpful staff
Wonderful co-workers
Enjoyable place to work!
Workplace
ETC Lead Registrar (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 4, 2013
Pros: employee appreciation
The most enjoyable part of the job is different situations everyday. In the healthcare field you are constantly dealing with different situations and finding new ways to make the process better. This leads to a never boring day and requires continued education throughout your time there.
staff to patient ratio is awful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 22, 2013
A lot of retention problems which allows lack of quality care to patients. More worried about quantity rather then quality
Case Manager
Case Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: autonomy and leadership support
Cons: multiple changes and the sense of instability
Case Management was very busy. It was a very good environment to learn autonomy and many new things. Leadership in the case management department is excellent and is a great support system. Team members in the department are also a good support system. You must be able to work well under pressure and have excellent organizational skills. You must be – more... able to utilize the many community resources. The hospital as a whole is undergoing many changes which is un-settling and gives you a sense of instability. Many changes have been good, yet you just can’t help to worry about stability with multiple changes in place. – less
Great co-workers and friendly staff
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee), Plano, TXDecember 11, 2012
Pros: being able to work on mutiple types of equipment
Cons: old equipment
There isn't always a "busy" day. The staff here will be forgiving as long as you make their problem priority. I work with a great team and communicate fairly well for as busy as we usually are. The most difficult task at this location would be to get the hospital to purchase consumables and accessories. This is a smaller facility, so it is easy to build – more... relationships with the customers and have a first name basis type of work atmosphere. – less
3 stars. Good compensation, poor job security, poor management.
Registered Nurse in ICU (Former Employee), TXDecember 8, 2012
Pros: a few good nurses to work with.
Cons: new inexperienced nurses assigned to heart patients, poor management
Overall professional experience with the Medical Center of Southeast Texas was dissappointing.
Great place,Great people
Cardiac sonographer Full Time (Current Employee), Bowling Green KYNovember 26, 2012
Great place to work,great people too.very laid back,staff is a great team workers.
Good place to work.
Precert Coordinator-LPN (Current Employee), Columbus, GANovember 26, 2012
The Medical Center is an okay place to work for, but I would like to relocate to another area.
I enjoyed my time there. My co-workers were wonderful.
Labor and Delivery Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 21, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: high census, needs more staffing to meet awohnn guidelines for perinatal services.
I had many great experiences that I am thankful for. Loved my co-workers and the physicians that I worked with. Needs more staffing and more managerial resources are needed as well.
Fast Pace
PBX Telephone Operator (Former Employee), TXOctober 3, 2012
A fast pace high stress environment.
Nice company to work for
Great work environment
Clinical Technician (Former Employee), Macon, GAOctober 3, 2012
I enoyed working at the Medical Center. I recieved all of my training there with great nurses that wanted to teach and made sure succeeded in everything that you were being taught.

About THE MEDICAL CENTER

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is one of the largest non-profit academic medical centers in the Western United States. For the fifth – Read more