The Medical Team Employee Reviews

Awful company. Problem employees and constantly late employees are transferred around rather than terminated
TM, med passer, team lead, site supervisor (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 15, 2017
Worst work environment I've ever experienced. Staff rude to clients & coworkers. Saw a lot of neglect. Lots of rumor spreading. No help from corporate
Pros
Residents were very sweet. Pay was ok.
Cons
Manager smoked every hour, no back up when reporting problems to corporate, you're more of a number than a team member, unprofessional work attitudes, punctuality is ignored
Doesn't give out compensation fairly
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 11, 2017
They don't treat everyone equal. They're very judgemental. They don't give fair chances. They over work you while underpaying. They sell dreams to the aids
The supervisor was encouraging and she was a fair person.
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 6, 2017
This job was good to me. They need to up there pay do to all the work you do once you get to the bldgs. I worked with some helpful co workers and a good supervisor . I enjoyed working at this particular building
Pros
The flexible hours
Cons
They need a break room and bathroom for tmt employees.
Poor leaderdip, poor management, toxic work environment.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 29, 2017
Do not recommend to anyone to work for The Medical Team.
It's no leaders there. It's very toxic work environment, very poor communication, not consistent.
Cons
Unfair treatment, poor communication, unclear job descriptions, toxic work environment.
Had to leave
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2017
The supervisor was conniving and you have to watch your back at all times. You can't go to human resources because of retaliation from the supervisor.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Supervisor is toxic
Not a great place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hazel Park, MIOctober 23, 2017
American house is cut throat ,I was verbally and physically assaulted and I asked my coworker for help nobody wanted to help ,because nobody liked her so I had yo complete my task I ended up not being able to long story short they fired me because the resident said I hit her and they didn't even investigate it ,and it says independent living but it's far from that it's a new aged nursing home !
Terrible working environment
HHA/PCA (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIOctober 18, 2017
The residents were being neglected. Falsifying documents. The supervisor picked people that were her friends and let them do whatever even after the residents made complaints. Workers sleep on the job
Fired
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 16, 2017
This company is horrible they do not care about their employees. They own American house well they do medical stuff I was fired due to Amber getting mad and just saying I was fired but I got unemployment and they also tried fighting on the unemployment But I wan due to being right
Poor care of employees, high stress, high demand
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 15, 2017
High demand on nursing staff, staff is expected to continue working at home without compensation, RIDICULOUS paperwork/documentation, no compensation for time spent driving or if patients are not home. Ridiculous standards for detailed documentation, poor charting system. Assignments are not screened for correct addresses or contact information. No benefits for contingent staff, pay is docked if documents are not handed in within 24-48hours. No consistency among management expectations, poor communication between mgmt and nursing staff, management and physicians. Nursing staff expected to do things that are not within nursing job description (keeping track of client insurances, etc). Poor work environment, very high stress, zero understanding or care from management. Would not recommend working for this company as a homecare nurse.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Poor compensation, high stress, ridiculous documentation
Productive and fun place to work
HHA/PCA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 7, 2017
Enjoy working with the staff, coordinator respond in a timely fashion. Productive and fun work place . The medical Team management is very respectful listen to answer any question . A typical day at work is enjoyable .Being with my clients is the most rewarding part of my job.
Be prepared to be micromanaged
Field staff (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 2, 2017
High turnover because management does little to keep good workers happy. Negotiate a high starting salary before you start. Be prepared to be watched over and micromanaged by people who sit in an office all day and crunch numbers.
Don't care
Patient Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIOctober 2, 2017
They do not stand up for their employees. They only give 20 cent raises. They do have good life insurance though. They believe doing little potlucks and sometimes gift cards are good enough
Place needs to be more productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westland, MISeptember 12, 2017
Needs more help in management
No compassion
New activities
New bedding
New equipment
Counselors needed
Pay needs to go up of your passing medication
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, great residents, and some co workers
Cons
No teamwork
1 year and 3 months
Patient Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 8, 2017
I've been on the job for 1 year and 3 months and most of my time here I have experienced poor management, being underpaid, lack of respect from co-workers, and feeling uncomfortable around certain co-workers and several other things. In my opinion The Medical Team is not a job that I would recommend and they have a high turnover rate.
Good home health care
Turn, reposition, transfer and assist patients (Former Employee) –  W Bloomfield, MIAugust 31, 2017
Great home health care company to work for. A typical day at work was coming in doing rounds. Checking on patients, pass meds assist with patient care and feeding. Everyone was helpful and did not mind assisting when help was needed.
Pros
Received more PTO time when working over
Cons
Being mandated
Provductive
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MI 48150August 31, 2017
Assist elder senior citizens with daily living
Incontinence and hygiene care
Meal services
Hardest part is the job is heavy residents and personal money rises and no dental insurance
Medical Team
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 29, 2017
Working here was great. Very fun but still professional. I was in the front office and answered a 4 line phone, transferring calls to other offices. Another job opportunity arose so I decided to leave.
Pros
Quiet and Relaxing
Cons
not enough pay
Not a good place to work.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 27, 2017
I worked in the office at the Metairie location. The company does not care about the patients or the staff, it's all about the company making money. The company hires family and friends and they are not to be trusted.
Pros
Get off on time and free parking.
Cons
No break or lunch room.
just work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 22, 2017
Go to work, do what you are supposed to do and go home. Not all supervisors encourage employee relations. Some want you to come in and work and sit in silence.
Not what you'd expect
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 2, 2017
This place is horribly ran. High turn over rate, they will hire anyone. Staff is frequently unfriendly with not just residents. Because of there high turn over rate they dont offer benefits until you have worked here 1 year. There training schedule sucks. Communication is a big issue here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Medical Team. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6