The Medical Team Employee Reviews

Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 13, 2017
Great place to work. Manager cared about us and made us feel a part of a team. the only bad thing is there are limited benefits. I enjoyed helping people everyday.
Pros
team
Cons
no benefits
Very Nice Place to work if you love helping others.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 2, 2017
I Love the Job Very Nice Co-workers. The work is easy The Residents are really nice and caring. The job is full time so you get good hours. Over all i give the medical team 4 Stars.
Wonderful people
N/A (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 29, 2016
The staff who work here are all great people. From the nurses to the administrative support, all of the individuals contribute to the company's mission.
caring place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MI 48152December 9, 2016
This was a very good company to work for. Structured and very caring. Great employees. This is the place to turn to if anyone you love and care about need help with day to day living. great nurses great and caring home health aides that provide the best care possible.
Don't do it
CNA (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MISeptember 30, 2016
I'm never one to leave a review BUT this company is TERRIBLE! You'll probably read these reviews and apply anyway, but fair WARNING, they have very poor communication, specifically the Livonia MI corporate office. They work you EVERY weekend, with the exception of ONE weekend out the month. The staff is lazy, specifically the Maple Heights location. And on top of the drama, consistently changing work schedule, they have some residents with Bedbugs, this is at most of their locations. This company plays favoritism and you're not safe confiding in anyone, including upper management. Your first 2 weeks you are only making minimum wage (training pay)... You can find better, trust me!!
Pros
Joy of helping the residents
Cons
BEDBUGS, TERRIBLE COMMUNICATION, HARDLY ANY WKNDS OFF, LAZY STAFF, FAVORITISM, WILL TRANSFER YOU W/O NOTICE
Needs improvement
Registered Nurse - Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 19, 2016
Turnover in staff and management was very high. Lack of communication between field staff and office staff very apparent. Constant shifts in the office and tiers of management was horrible.
!!!!!!!Beware of the lies that there are no bed bugs!!!!!!!!!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MISeptember 13, 2016
I suggest that if you actually and desperately just have to work here, be prepared for all the clients passing the deadly flu during the winter, taking home bed bugs, short staffed, team lead talking to people like there are children, you CANNOT transfer if you do not have your 90 days in with the company to keep your job to get away from the bed bugs, they do NOT care about you at all, they are not professional at the office to call you back when they say they will, the area supervisor is unprofessional and ghetto, expect lazy staff that think you are going to do their work, and expect your name will be crossed out on the grid sheet (your list of residents for patient care) to be given to a favorite when they arrive at work if it is an easy grid. Be expected if you are just new to this type of work that either you will be trained on something wrong or not thoroughly trained. I will say there are really some nice clients there when I worked the location. Radios for communication are raggedy, new batteries are needed, very very small lounge room for staff need to be badly sanitized, and expect corporate to come in and try to find something wrong at times. Let me make sure to inform you that the ELEVATORS do break down and you have get your clients by wheel chair to their residency, so now figure that out!

If you are looking for a career, bypass this company and do not stop at Go and Collect $200. Look for another company that is better for your sanity and well being. If you take heed to what I am saying, none of this will affect you! Just know that if you complain about
  more... bed bugs at the job, either you will be told off or if u call the office they will AVOID you!!!!!  less
Pros
A family member may buy pizza, salad, pop, and sweets for appreciation.
Cons
Changing of the monthly schedule several times ( more than 2 or 3). Short staffed, favoritism, gossip of other team members when are employed or long long left the company, stealing of client's property, BED BUGS!!!!!, and over worked!
Worked here when I was younger.
None (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 7, 2016
I never got a raise. Was always worked to the bone. Never had any help. I worked inside a independent living facility and I was one person up against 100 residents. The management made horrible comments to me, always making me feel like I did something wrong.
Cons
Salary compensation benefits
Negative work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 15, 2016
Clearly the previous reviews were created by management to fix their persona. They provide poor training;underpay their employees w no raises;don't provide benefits for part time employees who Work full time hours; Expect them to travel all over the county w little travel pay;Completely negative environment and low morale;Ask you to do tasks outside of the scope of your job;Target specific employees to write them up and fire them while others who break policy are moved around and given privileges.The turn over in supervisors has been 7 in a year if that tells you anything!
Cons
Pay, hours, benefits

Comment – September 23, 2016

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. I encourage you to please speak to HR regarding your concerns. We do provide benefits to employees, so it is vital you discuss with HR to understand your options. We take all employee concerns very seriously. We would also love to hear your perspective on training so that we can ensure we continue to provide the best training possible. If at any point you have concerns with your supervisor you can speak to HR who can treat your concerns confidentially if needed. Ultimately, we want to fix issues as soon as they arise so that no one feels unhappy in their work environment. Please help us be the best!

Overall a Good Company
PCA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIAugust 4, 2016
This place is a good stepping stone, I feel like I can speak with any of the higher ups about any problems. Co-workers are good. Hardest part of the job for me is seeing the resident leave/pass. Most enjoyable part of the job is walking into work and seeing that every resident knows your name and is happy to see you. I've learned that people do change over time, and hard work does pay off.
Pros
positive vibes, nice building, great bosses
Cons
healthcare, small office
Fun office, Enthusiastic team & Excellent job skills
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 12, 2016
Great opportunity to learn more about healthcare and advance my professional skills. Staff are valued and appreciated and there is a lot of room for advancement and job flexibility. Been here over a year and learn something new everyday! So many people here from different career paths that all can teach you something. Office staff is fun and helpful - everyone is helping everyone else. Nursing staff is dedicated and really knows their stuff! Lots of friendly faces! Have referred several friends here and now I get to work with my friends!
Pros
Fun, challenging, & good location
Great "Team" Feeling
Admin Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 12, 2016
My overall opinion about TMT is that it is a wonderful place to work. I never find myself bored or trying to find something to do, I'm always kept busy, but it's a good, challenging busy. Throughout the bustle of everyday work, people are friendly and caring and ask how everything is going. I never feel "alone" in my every day tasks, I definitely feel like I'm a part of a team. Whenever an issue arises, I feel like I can turn to numerous other employees for help or guidance. At TMT, I also see my co-workers as my friends and that helps create an even better work environment, because you want to work together and help each other out to get the best possible outcome for each job assignment.
Pros
Benefits, friendly work environment
Great company, great mission, great coworkers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 7, 2016
The company provides a valuable service to those most in need. The job is tough but rewarding. There are good benefits like 401k, tuition reimbursement, etc. Hardwork and being a team player are rewarded. I have been working here for 10 years and have been promoted 3 times in that period. I really appreciate my coworkers, the mission of the company, the spirit and attitude of everyone who wants to help seniors and make this company great.
Pros
Opportunities to advance, good benefits, caring management, doing something that matters
Cons
Hard work, dealing with clients that can be difficult at times
Good place to work if you genuinely care for the elderly.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 1, 2016
Performed personal care services to senior residents in independent living facilities.

The company itself needs prayer and some sort of miracle.
Cons
Expensive health care, Understaffed
workplace
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 24, 2016
This company was a great company but the company dont take the time out to look into a report between staff and try to find away to get it resolved they are very one sided
Horrible place to work!!!!!!!
PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ALLEN PARK, MIMay 10, 2016
I worked for this company for 2 years and I will say it was thee worst 2 years, some buildings have bed bugs, they love writing you up over petty things, the supervisors instigate and get things started between the caregivers, and they are very fond of favoritism, if you are not a favorite(to the supervisors) your basically screwed. Oh and the team leads are really messy too, very unprofessional, and unorganized!!!!!! Please don"t apply you will regret it in the end!!!!!
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
TERRIBLE COMPANY
dont really have much to say
PCT (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 9, 2016
cant really lie about how I feel on the company, but there were so good times with working with the coworkers, of the company.
Pros
enjoying the clients, and being able to help when a client was in distress
Cons
the company didnt really care about their employees
Horrible place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant HHA CNA (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 28, 2016
Horrible work environment management do not care about staff , I was third shift 8 hours alone with over 300 people very short staff . Low pay , managment is very sneaky even in the main office . Wants you to work every weekend gets mad when you want time off its their way or no way !!!!!!
Pros
sweet residents
Cons
eveything
stability, benefits, caring management
CNA (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 14, 2016
I work for the cat care department . They work around school schedules, have a higher pay rate and truly care about their clients and staff. They help pay for my school and even pay vacation time after one year.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, training
Cons
rotating weekends, high expectations
Awful place to work
Administrative Coordinatore (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 7, 2016
This was the worst job I've ever had! Management is terrible!
Stressful environment x10. Negative vibes from every single employee who complained about their jobs!
Pros
Nothing much was good
Cons
Everything!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Medical Team. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9