The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with some of the same staff for over 18 years
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MOFebruary 20, 2015
Close knit staff/customer relationships. Excellent source of knowledge & a great learning experience. I learned a lot about ins. companies, info. on new med's, how to deal with the public, FDA regulations. In general I enjoyed my job.
Pros
i loved the customers & staff
Cons
sometimes breaks were non-existent
Fast paced and flexible.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 4, 2015
It is a very fast paced pharmacy. Prescriptions are processed immediately as they come in and are prepared within minutes depending on stock availability. A lot of exposure to patients/customers. Employees must be able to multi-task. Answering phones, filling prescriptions, communicating with patients and coworkers all at once.

Management is barely present, meaning that there aren't any set policies. They keep changing based on situations at hand.

The hours are extremely flexible. You can make your own schedule and the owner works with you. Students are encouraged to work here especially if they are looking for experience rather than a steady income.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits, unfair wages.
productive fun job
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2014
typical day at work is average great job and great experience.
Educational
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLMay 6, 2014
Coming in from a chain retail pharmacy, one might need a second to get acclimated to the older practices of pharmacy where the medications are shelved according to brand and generic, not alphabetically. Very competitive, and intimate place to work.
overall experience was good.
Pharmacy operations analyst (Former Employee) –  Parrish, FLFebruary 26, 2014
I learned so many things when i worked for medicine shoppe pharmacy.
Customer Service; Medical Field
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 23, 2013
At one point, I thought I might go to pharmacy school. This position was perfect for providing me with the necessary experience. Although I later changed the direction of my education, I loved this job for is consistency, its customer service, the educational experience and my coworkers.
Pros
compensation, management, coworkers, experience
Cons
n/a
Great working environment and coworkers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHOctober 22, 2013
I work Monday- Friday anywhere from 9am-6pm or 9am-4pm and two Saturdays a month 9am-1pm, closed all major holidays. I usually spend my day answering phones, bagging prescriptions, waiting on customers, counting prescriptions, and refilling prescriptions in the computer, managing inventory at the end of the work day. While working at The Medicine Shoppe I have learned how to work with the public and assist the customers needs, the names and uses of many prescription and over the counter medications, and how to work together with my coworkers to keep the work place friendly and professional.As far as management, I manage the inventory for the store ensuring that we are stocked with the appropriate items and meeting our target budget. My boss is reliable and flexible. As well as easy to approach. The coworkers are great! They are helpful, professional, and we work well together in order to have a productive work day. The business is a small town pharmacy so the hardest part of my job is turning away a customer in need when we do not have an item in stock, usually because it is to expensive to keep on the shelf. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we satisfy our customers because of our efficient service and the polite, respectful environment that we provide.
Pros
flexible boss/hours, never work holidays, great environment
Cons
short, sporadic breaks
Fulfilling and pleasant taking care of customers
Independent Pharmacy Owner (Former Employee) –  Arbutus, MDOctober 20, 2013
On a typical day, I would receive prescriptions from the walk-in patients, as well as over the phone, the computer and the fax machine. I follow an organised work flow system, making sure that there are on mix ups or errors. I would speak to the patients about their medications, interact with caregivers as well as physicians over the phone. It was always a pleasure supervising and working with the techs. I made sure that the drugs were reordered, while keeping an eye on the inventory. The hardest part of the job was taking care of shortages because it takes time to explain to patients about what is going on and sometimes call the warehouse or doctor's office for substitution. The most enjoyable part of the job was positive patient feedback and when people show appreciation for what I did for them.
Pros
flexible hours
A Part of Someones Life
Customer Service/Pharmacy Tech NC (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCOctober 7, 2013
Most of all I enjoyed the patients. Working with different indiviuals helping to meet their needs. Sometimes that could be a challenge but I like a good challenge. I learned something new everyday about customer, policies or medications. We were a pretty family oriented company we had trips together and for the holidays we always did something,even for Halloween we would all get our kids together cook out and go trick or treating. The hardest part of the job for me was not being able to help someone when you know they trully need the help, but working in a pharmacy puts you in those type of situations for a number of reasons. I always did my best to approach those times with kindness and understanding.
Pros
family type atmosphere
Cons
no breaks other than lunch...
poductive and fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Saline, MINovember 3, 2012
Great co-workers and customers. I learned so much about good customer service and filled prescriptions, did inventory and stock, learned about medications
Pros
everything about the comapy-pharmacy
Cons
business closed

Want to know more about The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy?

Ask a question
Stressful work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 5, 2012
Very stressful and not very encouraging management. Management does not know how to handle stress and puts it off on the employees.
Pros
reliable hours
Cons
stressful workplace
Fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  houston, TXMay 26, 2012
The medicine Shoppe Pharmacy is a produtive place to work, a typical day at work would be greeting customers, recieve Rx, and assisting the Pharmacist, management is very orangize, my co- works are great to work with, the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people.
Pros
time off for for family matters
Cons
short breaks