The Medicines Company Employee Reviews

Great Company
Customer Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  NJJuly 26, 2017
Its just too bad they are in a lot of transition. Not great profits from current products and the pipeline is many months away from launch. Company is in a state of change for right now as it tries to gain an identity.
The Medicines Company - Dynamic everchanging exciting
Customer Solutions Manager - Houston, Texas (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 19, 2017
Great company to work for. Its a small company with great products. I have sold several products so the typical day varies. I am in hospital sales so everyday included calls to hospitals and physicians. The education on the products was in depth and they made sure we were knowledgeable and prepared. Management worked with the sales reps as a team. They were there to support and help and not just ride along and critique. The culture was open and honest. The company was transparent and kept us up to date on changes. the hardest part of the job was the change. It seemed to never settle and always making changes. The best part of the job were the people and customers.
Pros
autonomy, transparency, scientific knowledge
Cons
unknown, everchanging
Great while it lasted...
AP Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 26, 2017
The Medicines Company acquired Targanta Therapeutics after company drug was not approved by FDA. Worked through transitioning out as an employee to some contractor work to close up shop.
Great productive place to work
Customer Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaApril 27, 2017
Outstanding corporate culture. You are given the tools and freedom to perform your job. The willingness to listen and make changes based on an ever changing market place.
Pros
Freedom to do what is needed to get job done
Great work place
Customer Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 12, 2017
They treat you like you are the expert. The field representative makes the decisions. Decisions are usually not made from the home office rather from the field.
Excellent company to work for
Contract Management (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 2, 2017
My experience working at the Medicines Company was most favorable with an inclusive culture led by the vision & direction of the CEO & his senior management team. Unfortunately, it was only a 1 year contract & subsequently I had to move on.
White water
Customer Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 10, 2017
The company has gone through several major changes in the last few years and the culture had the feel of white water rapids. Several layoffs and product divestitures led to much insecurity about the future. There's a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a lot of freedom in the field to go after business with little micromanaging. High base salaries but high risk.
Pros
Generous base salary, independence is encouraged
Cons
Difficult to penetrate, niche hospital products
Innovative workplace, exciting career opportunities
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 18, 2016
I enjoyed working for MDCO very much. Not only did I enjoy the people that I worded with, but I was afforded the opportunity to grow and advance in my career. I will always be grateful for my time with The Medicines Company.
Great biotech company!
Customer Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2015
Innovative, cutting edge.
Encouraged to think outside the box.
Small company, great culture.
Acute Care focus.
People encourage others to work hard, and their is a great team of people at MDCO.
Acute Care Medium Sized Pharma Company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 3, 2015
My typical day consists of supporting the EVP, Chief Value Officer and team of 12 in calendar management, travel arrangements, presentation preparation, event planning, and ad hoc projects. I have acquired extensive Project Management skills. I create all expense reports for our team. I make sure all expenses adhere to the corporate T&E policy and stay well within budget.
The most enjoyable part of my job is planning on-site and off-site meetings.

Want to know more about The Medicines Company?

Ask a question
Great place to work for
Benefits Coordinator/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 29, 2014
No micro managing, very professional, lay back, hard to make employees improve a process due to lack of time and refusal of changes...
CEO made every worker feel important
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 1, 2014
Only worked at this company for a short time as a temp. During the shor time I was there management always showed an interest in your opinion of the workflow
Fun and Fast Paced Environment
Rebate and Chargeback Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 26, 2013
A typical day at work was often very low key. My manager gave all his direct reports a lot of freedom and did not micromanaged. The atmosphere at work was somewhat relaxed but we were expected to work in fast paced environment.

Is a small company, therefore we were required to do multiple tasks. As a result I had to teach myself on how to automate many processes. Working in Finance I automated streamed lined my day to day work by implementing new systems, setting up formulas, pivot tables, vlookups and other functions in Microsoft Excel.

I automated a few processes, working with internal employees and external consultants. I successfully implemented a wire transfer systems with JP Morgan Chase, which streamlined the previous process and cut down significantly the amount on time making domestic and international payments as well as making wire payments much easier for the end user.

I trained several people in Accounts Payable and successfully cross trained a Director of Accounting, senior managers and managers my duties and responsibilities.

The hardest part of my job was implementing new systems and streamlining procedures with limited resources. However that’s what made my job exciting as it allowed me to constantly think outside of the box. While challenging at times I truly enjoyed working with other people and team and have gain much of my experienced working with other employees and by having good mentors.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with including my manager who always pushed me to do better and always told me how
  more... much potential I have.  less
Lots of work but lots of fun
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 16, 2013
The medicine's company was the greatest work experience both professionally and personally. Everyone there was so friendly and so willing to help while still maintaining an extremely professional atmosphere. Outside of work my co-wokers were always great and I felt like I could talk to them about anything and they would help.
Pros
Flexible hours, great people, good lunches
Cons
far from where I lived
New England/Upstate NY Regional Sales Manager, Hospital Accounts
Regional Sales Manager, New England/Upstate NY (Former Employee) –  All New England States up to Albany, NYSeptember 26, 2013
This company went through some difficult restructures but has a great line of products that will improve patients' lives in the critical care environment.

The compensation is above national average, but the expectation in working 80-110 hours a week is also expected. Very little work life balance.
Pros
excellent critical care products
Cons
Difficulty in senior management decisions to stay marketable.
Critical Care business manager
Critical Care Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2013
Summary (optional)
The position is responsible for the promotion Angiomax and Cleviprex. Essential Duties and Responsibilities. This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of this role that each account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties as assigned.
1. Inservicing of a variety of specialties (cv/ct, neuro and trauma surgeons, hospitalists, pulmonologists, cardiologists, emergency physicians, neuro critical care physicians and ICU nurses) throughout a 24-hour period to change their medical practice from utilization of older therapies to Angiomax and cleviprex
2. Implement and manage speaker programs on a monthly basis
3. Ability to train or mentor less experience sales representatives.
4. Responsible for achieving annual sales quotas and monitoring results throughout the year
5. Works closely with marketing and training departments to ensure ongoing product development is in line with market dynamics.
6. Promotes the Baxter culture through positive, ongoing relationships and activities with both internal and external customers

Qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
0 N/A: Intern or Co-op
Job Requirements:
1. Minimum 5 years sales experience with hospital-based iv neuro or iv cardiac critical care therapies targeting a variety of critical care-based specialties
2. Extensive
  more... experience and success in placing critical care medications in pyxsis machines as well as changing physician standing orders, order sets and protocols.
3. Experience Inservicing all ICUs, including emergency department and telemetry throughout a 24-hour period.
4. History of developing solutions to problems that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovativeness. Ensures solutions are consistent with sales and marketing objectives. .
5. Ability to quickly build strong customer relationships while managing multiple hospitals.
6. Position requires ability to analyze and interpret data for effective sales strategies.
7. Travel is required and may involve visits to remote or urban areas either individually or with other company personnel.
8. Must have good organization and time management skills.
9. Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiation and presentation skills.
10. Ability to understand and adapt to customers' changing needs.
11. Demonstrates leadership and strong decision-making skills
12. Must reside in territory
13. Bachelor's degree required
14. Advanced degree a plus.
Pros
finacial reward and flexiblity