The Medve Group Employee Reviews

Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Rent Roll) (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJuly 17, 2017
Leasing, Renewal, Collecting and posting of all monies, Evictions, Marketing, Resident Retention, Answer phones, Filing, Preparing and signing of All new leases
Love coming to work everyday
Accounting Department (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 13, 2017
I have been at the Medve Group for close to 4 years now and I still get up every morning excited to come to work! You are treated as a valued employee and they encourage growth. I love that they promote within and give you the chance to be a true asset to the company. There is an open door policy extended by everyone including the owner (Which we all know how rare that is). When talking to upper management, you feel heard rather you have an issue or an idea that could improve the department or how things run. I eagerly await my future at The Medve Group because I know I will only continue to grow in my career !! This is truly the BEST company I have ever worked for !
Pros
Great place to work. Opportunity for growth and advancement
Cons
Insurance premiums and deductibles are a little high
Fun job. Good people
Maintenance supervisor, maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 7, 2017
I had a really good supervisor that believed in training and developing solid maintenance employees with good skills. Of course, as in many property management companies, management would skimp on projects and spend the least money necessary, making my job harder. But that's pretty much anywhere you go. IT was a good job and I would work there again if I ever had the chance.
Excellent company to work for!
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Working for The Medve Group has been a very rewarding experience! The company is family-owned and they care greatly about their employees. They offer a competitive salary and have a high standard of customer service. Upper management is very close knit and offer a lot of support for property staff.
Pros
Competitive pay and bonus structure, great team/management
Great opportunities for advancement!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 3, 2017
I have been a part of The Medve Group for over 4 years now and I love it! I have moved up from leasing agent and always felt acknowledged for my dedication & hard work. I can honestly say that this company cares about their employees and you will get back as much as you put in! Pay is fair and bonuses are great.

Management is very approachable & knowledgeable.

There is a sense of community with my co workers. Management likes to do fun competitions for us year round and also hosts a yearly conference for us to meet, bounce ideas off each other & give out awards for our yearly accomplishments.

The hardest part of my job is probably making sure to have my hand in everything and not missing any small details on property or with residents.

My favorite part of the job would definitely be the day to day on property. I love meeting new people and making this place a home. There is ALWAYS something going on and always new goals to meet. I love the idea of always having something I can be better at.

Definitely recommend working here if you are a go getter with a positive attitude!
Pros
Bonuses, Vacation time
Job satisfaction
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2016
I have worked for Medve for almost 5 years and it has been the best experience one person could have. They care about there employees, and are always looking for opinions on how to make changes to better the property. I love this company.
Satisfied Employee
TMG-C Decor, Inc (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 7, 2016
I am very happy with my employment at The Medve Group. This is the first job that I have had that I consider my career and plan on continuing my employment far into the future.
I appreciate the attitude of my supervisors and the drive to find solutions and to take action.
I work with a close knit of people and consider them my work family. We all work together and make sure to help each other out as needed.
Pros
Pros are: Hours, Pay, Work Environment, Supervisors, Ability of team to find solutions and work together, Benefits
Cons
Communication between departments
Great Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 12, 2016
I very much enjoy working for The Medve Group. The company is very hands on, but do not micro manage. The company is very encouraging and believe in REWARDING HARD WORK. Medve tends to manage their properties a little differently but once you have been employed for a few months you see the benefits of their management style. I have been treated with respect by all upper management and have felt as though my opinion matters.
Great company to work for!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 12, 2016
I have worked for The Medve Group almost 4 years and I think it is a great company to work for. As a whole, the company provides and encourages growth to their employees. Working for this company makes you feel a sense of comfort. The people who work for The Medve Group honestly want to help people. This is the first company that I have worked for that I feel that upper management are here for their employees.
Awesome Company
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 14, 2015
It's a awesome company great benefits and great people to work with i highly recommend working at the company, and the residents are the best!
Unethical, Ruthless and big headed. They think there God themselves.
Leasing agent (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 19, 2015
I can honestly say this was the WORST company I have ever worked under. They are ruthless and they do not care about their employees. They will way over work you and always tell you how you could be doing more or even better. They have a NO REASON needed policy were they can fire you if you look at them wrong no matter how long or how hard you worked for them. Then they will give you 5 mins to get your belongings and steal anything you created. Their a ruthless company and unless you bow your head and be a slave and oh yea make them money you won't last. Their apartments that you rent are over priced and have horrible investment to make them a little worthy. There company is a sad sad place and need Jesus in their life. A lot of this has to do with corporate personal they are very deceiving and evil. As they need you they will be nice but as soon as their in a good situation they turn. Don't waste your life...
Pros
Great company for evil people.
Cons
Over worked, under payed, bad properties, awful corporate and management the list goes on
Very unstable and alot of office politics, not a good environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 21, 2013
Cold in the mines
Accounts Payable
Poor managements skills very unprofessional, and arrogant
co-workes: like to set up new people up for failure
dealing with very unethical and gossipy people
the job functions itself
Pros
the job duties
Cons
management
What a horrible unimaginative company to work for
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  will not disclose May 22, 2013
Manager was lazy and just sat in her office all day. She would try and try and take half of commissions even though she didn't do anything to lease apartments. Maintenance crew was a joke, they'd were so nosy and spent most of the day spying on residents. You can always tell when you have a Medve complex in your town because Craigslist is overrun with their ridiculous listings. Oh, and their version of "marketing" outdated flyers that I would have to waste my gas driving around town to disperse. They always got thrown in the trash anyway. This company is a JOKE.
Pros
leasing bonuses
Cons
poor lazy management, no room for advancement, no personal time off
At one time it was a great company to grow with but that has changed.
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 8, 2012
I was responsible for the physical facilities of an apartment community. I supervised a staff of 5 very talented individuals, coordinating the daily as well scheduled preventative maintenance.
We also did all interior upgrades to units such as granite install. At one time I though the management was great but as of late it lacks compassion toward the employees. I was given the down thumb after 24 yrs. No reason given. I loved my staff and enjoyed the daily challenges of the job.
The hardest part of my job was getting our unit ready for movein but we never failed to do it and do it right.
Pros
daily challenges, the staff and the residents
Cons
management by fear
Good
Controller (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 19, 2012
Very busy environment in which I oversaw the ever changing climate.