The Melt Employee Reviews

good company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 4, 2016
Been at this company for 3 yrs.
can't complaint about it I had a good time there, but is time for me to moved on. nice culture. employees are super nice.
dis-organized,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJuly 5, 2016
co-workers and management were nice, but they didn't function as a store very well. over all the experience helped better my customer service skills but it was not a very enjoyable job.
Incredibly unwilling to work with disabled people
General Staff (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 22, 2016
The management constantly berated and insulted me and my disability. If you're a disabled person, look elsewhere and spare yourself the unnecessary stress.
Somewhat challenging, great food, substandard leadership, poor compensation
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CANovember 2, 2015
As manager I spend 90% of my day in an hourly crew position cooking, cleaning etc.
I make 18.00 an hour
My co workers are college students, my superiors have minimal management experience.
The hardest part of my job is to utilize my skills as a leader. I am an assistant and have 15 years experience and am not recognized for that.
The most enjoyable part of my job is developing the crew and serving the public.
Pros
great food, Quality of life
Cons
non challenging, not recognized for experience, working hourly jobs
Fun and Fast Paced Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 14, 2015
Great company to work for if you are just starting out in the job field. It is a new company and has been open for a few years. There are no benefits for crew or supervisors, however they do pay above minimum wage. It is very fast pace and time goes by very quickly (on busy days). The company also provides meals called "chow time" in which you get free meals up to $10. You also receive a 50% on food when you come into the store when you are not working. Their food is excellent and high quality. They are environmentally contentious.
Pros
Friendly, fun
Cons
Gossip, not too many hours available
Hard Work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2015
A typical day at work was long, strenuous, and cold. I learned how to use time effectively. Management was not an issue while working this position. There were too many coworkers to keep up with. The hardest part about working at BL was working in a cold warehouse, and the easiest part was clocking out.
Crew (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2015
This was a great job to have during college. The people were great to work with. I enjoyed working there and management was very helpful dealing with crazy school schedule.
fun work place, oppourtunity to grow within company
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  san franciscoNovember 4, 2013
If you like grilled cheese then this is the place to work at. As we say you will work for cheese. We have something for everyone here at the melt, from spicy to garlic bread to just plain like how mom use to make it with tomato soup.

This is a awesome place to work at, must have some knowledge of food industry, prep and following receipts. Must be able to work both FOH AND BOH. Customer service is a must.

a typical day at the melt is opening the store getting everything ready for the lunch rush, making sure you have enough melts to get you through the lunch rush, and after that's over you start prepping for the next day, and cleaning for the next crew that are going to come in for the night shift.

Management at the melt is great, our company is still so small that we even get visits from our corporation, who all support us.

my co workers are the best, they make my job easy as I make their jobs easier as well.

The hardest part of the job is tackling through the lunch rush, running through 50 tickets at a time and making sure of order accuracy.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when it's all said and done and you have to come do it all over again the next day, each day learning a little bit more and getting stronger from it.
Pros
free lunches, great work place
Cons
health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Melt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9