The Melt Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with quality food
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 7, 2017
Typical restaurant responsibilities. Direct supervision was spectacular and in-store culture beautiful. Poor communication from corporate structure and a lack of transparency in above store operations.
Wonderful work environment
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2017
Working in such a tight-knit group of people is wonderful and I never thought I'd love my job as much as I do. I'm excited to go to work because I get to know the customers on a personal level and my coworkers are lovely.
Very fun place to work
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 20, 2017
I get to work with open minded and friendly people who get to know you as a person and invite you to join the crew and become part of "the family." There are also plenty of chances for raises and advancement if the job is taken seriously and is done well
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
To short or too long shifts
Excellent company.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 7, 2017
Great company to work for. Good food and Ice cream. Can advance easily. Everyone who works there was amazing and smart and accurate. Great job with breaks and free meals
Fun environment with good perks
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, CAJune 6, 2017
As a worker at the Melt, expect a heavy and stressful rush between 12-2 pm and around dinner, but other than that it's a great experience, with 10 free bucks every day towards food as well as a 50% off when still employed. Management could chill a little bit, a bit stingy, but great people and fun to be around. One problem I had was that workers would throw away anything that wasn't top notch, very wasteful. However, the soda and food there is unbelievably good. A Management also tried to sacrifice quality for speed at times, which led to mistakes in the kitchen.
Pros
free food, plus half off. great soda
Cons
stressful at times
Fun, friendlty customer environment
Crew Services (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 4, 2017
Very low management professionalism. Low opportunity for advancement from starting position. Emphasis on crew/management undersrtanding communication and general business etiquette. Great environment in a college community. Great interpersonal skills required in order to provide customers with a great sense of acknowledgement and further sense of personal satisfation.
Pros
Food perks, grilled cheeses
Cons
not all crew friendly personalities, FOOD HANDLING Procedures/Policies
Knowing their brand
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 20, 2017
The company has an identity issue, in that they do not know what they want to offer their customers. Nothing on the menu is great and they continually change their menu because nothing is great. (lose the few customers we have) They give their customers no reason to need to come back to their stores. Just another burger joint that used to be a grilled cheese specialty sandwich shop. The Corporate end of this company is lost, and issues that you are concerned about do not get addressed.
Melted Cheese
Senior National Business Development and Sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 4, 2017
An overall good experience, good work culture even though there was a distinct lack of marketing support which made it very difficult to be most effective in the position.
Fun place to work depending on location
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I worked at 2 Melt locations and I definitely loved more than the other. A typical day consists of cleaning countertops and cooking grilled cheese and burgers. Most of everyone working has to do prep at least once so you get experience in prep quickly. Good for a first job.
Pros
Free lunch up to $10
Cons
Management and we never have everything we need.
fast paced, and friendly
Cashier/Cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 7, 2017
I loved my co workers and working at the Melt. It is a good experience, as well as a friendly enviornment. I got to cook and taste some great food, as well as learn new things.
The Melt is a great place to work all the employees are very welcoming. The training they put me through was helpful I learned a lot a long the way.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 1, 2017
The company I worked for was amazing. I experianced a numberous amount of things that really helped me gain great customer service communication skills and being a great team player
Pros
Free lunches up 10 dollars
Cons
Benefits were not available for most employees
It was okay
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  LakeDecember 31, 2016
Didn't really enjoy it, but had good food liked it kind of , didn't like doing dishes too picky too cluttered in kitchen not a lot of room
good company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 4, 2016
Been at this company for 3 yrs.
can't complaint about it I had a good time there, but is time for me to moved on. nice culture. employees are super nice.
dis-organized,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJuly 5, 2016
co-workers and management were nice, but they didn't function as a store very well. over all the experience helped better my customer service skills but it was not a very enjoyable job.
Incredibly unwilling to work with disabled people
General Staff (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 22, 2016
The management constantly berated and insulted me and my disability. If you're a disabled person, look elsewhere and spare yourself the unnecessary stress.
Somewhat challenging, great food, substandard leadership, poor compensation
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CANovember 2, 2015
As manager I spend 90% of my day in an hourly crew position cooking, cleaning etc.
I make 18.00 an hour
My co workers are college students, my superiors have minimal management experience.
The hardest part of my job is to utilize my skills as a leader. I am an assistant and have 15 years experience and am not recognized for that.
The most enjoyable part of my job is developing the crew and serving the public.
Pros
great food, Quality of life
Cons
non challenging, not recognized for experience, working hourly jobs
Crew (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2015
This was a great job to have during college. The people were great to work with. I enjoyed working there and management was very helpful dealing with crazy school schedule.
Hard Work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2015
A typical day at work was long, strenuous, and cold. I learned how to use time effectively. Management was not an issue while working this position. There were too many coworkers to keep up with. The hardest part about working at BL was working in a cold warehouse, and the easiest part was clocking out.
Fun and Fast Paced Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 14, 2015
Great company to work for if you are just starting out in the job field. It is a new company and has been open for a few years. There are no benefits for crew or supervisors, however they do pay above minimum wage. It is very fast pace and time goes by very quickly (on busy days). The company also provides meals called "chow time" in which you get free meals up to $10. You also receive a 50% on food when you come into the store when you are not working. Their food is excellent and high quality. They are environmentally contentious.
Pros
Friendly, fun
Cons
Gossip, not too many hours available
fun work place, oppourtunity to grow within company
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  san franciscoNovember 4, 2013
If you like grilled cheese then this is the place to work at. As we say you will work for cheese. We have something for everyone here at the melt, from spicy to garlic bread to just plain like how mom use to make it with tomato soup.

This is a awesome place to work at, must have some knowledge of food industry, prep and following receipts. Must be able to work both FOH AND BOH. Customer service is a must.

a typical day at the melt is opening the store getting everything ready for the lunch rush, making sure you have enough melts to get you through the lunch rush, and after that's over you start prepping for the next day, and cleaning for the next crew that are going to come in for the night shift.

Management at the melt is great, our company is still so small that we even get visits from our corporation, who all support us.

my co workers are the best, they make my job easy as I make their jobs easier as well.

The hardest part of the job is tackling through the lunch rush, running through 50 tickets at a time and making sure of order accuracy.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when it's all said and done and you have to come do it all over again the next day, each day learning a little bit more and getting stronger from it.
Pros
free lunches, great work place
Cons
health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Melt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8