The Melting Pot Employee Reviews in United States

Decent place to work
Back of House (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLMay 18, 2016
Working here was a great way to get a feel of a high quality dining experience. It was not every typical restaurant because the meals here were cooked by customers. The main thing about this job was speed, communication, cooperation. If you could not communicate with your team that night it would be a difficult environment. The Managers tried their best to help both sides servers, back of house/(kitchen).
Pros
fast, friendly environment, overall fun place to work
Cons
short breaks, duties can pile up, and hard work may go unnoticed
Productive, Efficient, Proffesional, Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 17, 2016
The management team has been there forever. Set in their ways. Fun productive environment. Great team and sense of pride in everyone's work ethic. Terrible business ethics and lack of caring for employees.
Pros
Great money, great team.
Cons
Mangement does not care at all about you and you are replacable.
One of my favorite places to work and eat.
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 13, 2016
This job allowed me to meet so many new people, including my co-workers. It put me into a position that allowed me to learn many new skills, including cooking and speaking to people. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the required information, but after that obstacle, it was smooth sailing with great compensation.
Great environment and Great management
Kitchen Lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 24, 2016
As a Kitchen Lead the job is 50% slow paced with a relax feel. The other 50% you're running around the kitchen like crazy trying to fill orders. The management are amazing people their always willing to help with you're behind or lost.
Pros
Great job, Great People, and Good hours.
Cons
Hourly Pay is terrible for what the job demands
fast paced work environment
host (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 20, 2016
I really enjoyed working here because of the client relations and the coworker atmosphere. The location is easy to get to, and management is very relaxed and understanding of any situation. management can micromanage at times but over all is productive.
Pros
always moving, enjoy the people I work with
Cons
not much room for growth
high class restuarant. great atomosphere. goood dine-in
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 15, 2016
Clean tables, run food salad preparation. customer service. serve beverages. pick-up extra dishes and glasses. enjoyed meeting new customers, lively atmosphere.
Pros
decent base wage and tip shares. fun lively atomosphere
Cons
not enough hrs. hardly any advancement.
Fun fast paced work environment
Hospitality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 1, 2016
This is a very time sensitive serving position and it is also a fine dining restaurant so providing excellent and efficient service is key. It's very organized chaos and there's a lot going on at all times in the dining room and back of house. Being able to maintain focus and provide incredible guest service for several hours with no breaks is a really challenging atmosphere to go to day after day but it's really a very fun job.
Pros
Being active and on the move all of the time
Cons
No breaks and can get extremely hot
Good Restaurant to Work For
Server (Current Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJMarch 14, 2016
The Melting Pot is a good restaurant to work for. It is fast paced and you need to keep up but the money you make is fair. This job offers you a chance to fine-tune your customer service skills.
Pros
GREAT management
Cons
NO breaks, benefits
12 hours/day, 5 days/week, at a minimum.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 14, 2016
As long as you are willing to say goodbye to your weekends/holidays, this position offers great potential for advancement and great resume-building. You'll wear a lot of hats, as most restaurant managers do, but you'll have a solid resume entry when you're ready to move on...
Productive Work Place
Hospitality Specialist- Duties (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHMarch 13, 2016
I learned a lot from my experience working at the Melting Pot. I by far had great managers. It was well over the requirements of cleanliness.
Pros
Employee of the month rewards
Cons
drive
Assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 25, 2016
I have worked at The Melting Pot since the beginning of my career. I have learned excellent communication skills from each of my positions from server to assistant manager.
Good for a Serving Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 19, 2016
A lot of people quit after the first week. Once you make it past all the training it gets a lot easier.

The owner is great but you will only see him on the weekend. The GM is his brother so that can make things difficult since they have VERY different leadership styles.

Whether or not you will enjoy this job really depends upon if your personality will mesh well with the other servers.

Whether or not you will be successful depends upon if you can handle high stress situations and annoying guests.

Some nights you will make a lot of money and other nights you won't. It's a serving job so nothing is guaranteed.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Saturdays are mandatory and so are some holidays
fun and helpful co-workers, lack of hour flexibility, poor management skills
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day consisted of clocking in(waiting for a manager to sign off on it for 5-10 minutes), doing dishes while understaffed(only me dishwashing, there should be 2 people), some of the servers helping out when it's busy, closing.
I learned that there's a reason we were understaffed, and that's because the management was inefficient.
Most of the time, if you needed to talk to a manager they were off in some random place doing nothing, not in their office or helping out, just standing/sitting around.
My co-workers are what kept me there longer than I should've stayed, they'd always help out with washing pots when I was the only dishwasher scheduled and keep me motivated while i worked.
The hardest part of the job was that because I was usually the only dishwasher, I didn't leave work until 1 or 2 am, even though we closed at 10 on week days, 9 on sundays and 11 on saturdays.
The best part of the job were my co-workers, i knew some of them from school so they would talk to me and help out when they weren't too busy.
Pros
free salad, multiple breaks
Cons
non-flexible hours and working about double the hours i wanted
Fine dining restaruant, can be kind of stuffy
Host (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work would be to make sure everything is stocked, make sure tables had enough time to turn before the next reservation. My co-workers were okay, nothing to complain about, just kinda cliquey. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers. Management was okay, not the best communication but they were nice. I learned that promotions were very political and was the reason why I left.
Pros
50% off meals.
Cons
Not much room for growth.
good enviroment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALFebruary 4, 2016
great food and owners. I had . a good experience here as I learned a lot from the owners they knew how to treat their employees and their staff
Fun place to work
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2016
Great environment to work. Ability for advancement in company. I learned how valuable customer service is in creating a repeat customer base. I learned how to go above and beyond and connect with guests.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Hours
Fine dining and professional atmosphere
server (Current Employee) –  Lake Norman, NCJanuary 22, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is being apart of guests special night. The restaurant is known for celebrating anniversaries, birthdays and special occasions. I have learned how to deal with all personalities. Management does a great job of employing an awesome staff.
Fine Dining
Server (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 14, 2016
Restaurant provides fine dining, and a unique fondue experience. The restuarant strives to indulge their guests. Delicious menu, and afforable choices for everyone.
Server/food handler
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 9, 2015
I have this job solely because I am looking for a job in my career field. I have learned a lot about team work/group efforts. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to meet and talk to new people almost everyday.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No breaks
Use to be enjoyable
Office staff (Former Employee) –  Out of the officeNovember 14, 2015
Used to be a fun place to work when it was growing ... Economy changed and all of a sudden not a fun place anymore simply due to upper management micromanaging ..
I worked out of the corporate office ...
All they want to do is concentrate on the restaurants not doing well .. Not trying to make the good ones get better ..
Company is losing market share ...
Pros
It had an artificial environment of trying to be positive all the time
Cons
Company is going down Hill