The MENTOR Network Employee Reviews in United States

Not the best company to work for..very high turnover rate
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 31, 2016
they don't give annual raises (which was not told upon my hiring). there is no room for advancement at this level. you are pretty much stuck in this position. the upper management set unrealistic goals and don't understand they time it takes for us to do our job. insurance is very high and so is the deductible. company doesn't care about employees just care about making sure job is done..ie dont want to give you time off when requested because they are short staffed but refuse to hire additional help. employees are often 'burned out' and stressed. the amount of pay you get for the work you do is significantly imbalanced.
busy center for russian speking geriatric population of greater boston
Activity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2016
A great place for geriatric population to spend most of their days at the Center, that's why this is a great job for people who like helping those in need of communication and a support for overall physical and mental wellbeing. Working at a hectic busy place like that sometimes requires great amount of self-discipline and patience. The reward cant be measured with your salary only, its that gratefulness from participants and appreciation for the events, concerts, lectures and all other activity events that make their life more fun and interesting daily while at the Center.
Pros
interaccting with a lot of people, ability to perform concerts and lectures
Cons
salary
High turnover of DSP's, resulting in negative continuity of care.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Staff need more instruction regarding residents hygiene. Active day treatment is something to be desired. When at offsite, its literally a social club for the DSP's. Yes the residents are cared for , but there is literally no interaction, and virtually the residents wander or sleep.
No bonus, no raises, concentrating on the negative and not the positive make for very poor employee moral. Nobody cares. Teamwork is virtually non existent. "I don't know its not my group." Too many demands for little pay. Thank God most of the people are there because they truely love the residents, certainly not for the pay, and benefits are expensive. The State should make a surprise visit.
Pros
No drug screens.
Cons
Need drug screens.
love the client but no pay
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 5, 2016
Don't pay the employees squat and you will never get a raise. If you are a supervisor, you will get stuck working around the clock because DSPs don't stay due to low pay. Turn over rate is horrible. Upper management doesn't care. Clients are amazing but the company needs to pay the staff more because the clients deserve better.
Pros
clients
Cons
low pay, below average training
flexible hours,terrible pay
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Paden City, WVMarch 23, 2016
worked for this company for many years.The clients are great but the management terrible.Favoritism shown in upper management.No raises.Upper management pocket all the company profit with no reward to the staff that keep the company alive.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
awful pay
Very rewarding
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 4, 2016
This job may have been the most challenging but very rewarding when you see your consumers grow in the program. However the only downside is that there are no raises in pay.
Pros
Flexible with school schedules
Cons
Short breaks and no raises.
Good atmosphere
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work if your starting out in the mental health field. Great team work when it came to the house managers. The higher up often times didn't communicate with the managers when changes where about to come about. Very high turn over rate because of the grudges held by management.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Very inconsistent with communication
Expect to be overworked and underpaid
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEOctober 25, 2015
Pro's: Laid back, some clients are a pleasure to work with.

Con's : Poor management! Benefits are too expensive, no raises, no bonuses, no extra holiday pay, unappreciative management, they use and abuse you, then get rid of you without any reasons.

This company does not appreciate their staff for everything they do! They have an extremely high turnover rate. Beware!
Pros
Laid back, no higher ups watching over you all of the time
Cons
High benefits, poor management, No raises..even after 4 years..No holiday bonus or extra pay, no holidays parties or anything to show staff appreciation
An Independent Contractor with the Mentor Network
Therapeutic Mentor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJNovember 3, 2015
The life of a mentor provider is not easy. One shares his/her personal life such as home, family, and time with individuals who are incapable of understanding the sacrifice. To care for individuals with developmental disabilities is a 24/7 job, as many are unable to be alone for their protection and safety. Oftentimes, these individuals do not have any contact with their biological families. Therefore, a mentor provider becomes the individuals' family.

The hardest part of being an independent contractor is that there is no opportunity for growth or compensation increase, not even a bonus for years of service. Therefore, the role of being a mentor provider has to come from a special place from the heart.
Pros
stable
Cons
time consuming, low pay
Happy Enviroment
AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 24, 2016
No incentives to employees, no bonus if goals are met just a pat on the back. Insurance benefits are too expensive. Management listens to your issues and try to accommodate. No yearly raises.
Pros
Team effort is good
Cons
Healthcare too costly, no incentives
Stressful
direct support professional (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 14, 2015
Hours are crazy in order for you to make ends meet. Management doesn't care. They are only worried about the bottom line. No raises and benefits are outrageous. You are treated like you are worthless and are never appreciated unless it's you picking up hours so management doesn't have to step foot into the houses
Pros
Some great clients
Cons
Benefits, pay, work stress
Productive/Not stable/Good Pay
Family Centered Specialist, QP (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCFebruary 25, 2016
Despite the benefits of being able to arrange your own schedule, A typical work day can be overwhelming. Head staff does not take employee feelings and/or health into consideration. No structure and lack of consistency
Horrible
DSP (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 24, 2015
I have been with the company for a couple of years now. The pay here in Georgia is $9.00 an hour an NO RAISE. They gave out bonuses last year in 2014 in December and they taxed it and it was only $150 dollars. No raises what so ever. No lunch breaks at the Georgia behavioral and medical group homes. The upper management treats you like you are not important because you do not hold an Bachelors degree. They individuals do not give you problems it's the STAFF AND MANAGMENT. The benefits are very High..Get paid on the 10th and 25th..This company cut back on over time and cut full time people to 32 hours a week. It's a lot of black females in the corporate office in Atlanta. Some house managers can be very rude and disrespectful. Most house managers have their favorites which can be a problem. It could be a great company of corporate from Boston would come down to Georgia and see how their corporate in Atlanta is treating the employees under them (Dsp's)
Pros
Is able to love and care for people who are not able to do normal things
Cons
LOW PAY, treat you like dogs, or no 30 minute lunch break
My experience working with persons with Disabilities
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Andover, NJNovember 2, 2015
Working with persons with Disabilities have helped me appreciate and understand this population. A typical day is to help the residents with activities of daily living, administer medications, monitor and report behavioral and health status changes. Very supportive work environment that provides training that also benefits ones life. The challenge of the the job is knowing how to handle the behavior outburst of a resident. And the most enjoyable part is taking the residents on their outings: Company parties, township parades etc...
Pros
Free Lunches
Loved working with the consumers
DSP (Former Employee) –  Brookings, OROctober 1, 2015
My co-worker were the best. Management was very supportive . I have worked in this a lot at different places and they really give you chance to grow. I became ill and everyone was very supportive and called while I was in the hospital. I'm trying to transfer to another location and it is taking awhile, but in my opinion is or will be worth it.

But overall my experience was positive.
Pros
Pros: Consumers, co- workers & management, a lot of overtime.
Cons
Cons: You don't get raises and a lot of overtime and it takes a while to get on.
Good company
dsp (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 14, 2016
They are a amazing company to work for. No pay increases, you get paid mileage. There is no drama with this company like there is with alot of the other handicapped companies.
Pros
Amazing office staff
Cons
no pay raises
In Florida, poor compensation and clients are too unreliable.
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2015
The only work available to a therapist with a Masters who is not licensed yet, is contract work, in client's homes. We were not compensated for mileage or time for paperwork and phone calls with clients or case workers. I was also told we would have supervision towards licensure, but no one was ever qualified to do so. The clients were often not home when they said they would be, but I was not compensated for going there anyway. The hourly rate was only paid for time sitting with a client, so if they no-showed there was no compensation. The only benefit was that my schedule was up to me.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Poor compensation, unpaid travel, unreliable clients
Absolutely lovely
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work involved me bursting through the door happy to see my residents smiling faces. I would usually work 2-10 five days a week, so I had a few things to do on my shift, involving cooking multiple meals, cleaning, cleaning up the residents, showers, etc. We would also take them out on trips to such as the movie theatre or the mall. I learned how to understand people with not so well speech, and how to calm people down. I learned about different things that could go wrong with the human body and the medicine It takes to assist those problems. I also learned how to do paper work. Management was kind of ok, my boss was just really a gossipy person, though she had the best intentions. I absolutely loved my coworkers and they are the best people for the job. The hardest part was to get used to all the yelling. The most enjoyable part was the rest of it.
Pros
Free food, drinks, trips
Cons
Headaches
They don't care about the individuals they serve or the employees who break their back for them.
Rather not say for fear of retaliation. (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2015
No support, unrealistic expectations, no appreciation for staff. They take a hands off approach and use people as scapegoats to deflect responsibility for mismanagement. Constant revolving door from direct support to operations. Very sad. Some amazing people here and there that truly care but do it for the people served rather than belief in the company.It's all about the money and corporate bonuses for this publicly traded monster. Their mission has long been abandoned.
Pros
can make positive changes in peoples lives, some good people work here
Cons
low pay, no raises, low morale, little training, hypocrisy, no oversight from corporate
REM Ramsey is a great company
RN (Current Employee) –  REM RamseySeptember 28, 2015
REM Ramsey understands how hard their employees work. They listen to everyone's ideas and offer a fun and exciting work environment. REM Ramsey and the employees are a team I would recommend everyone to work for.
Pros
Open communication
Cons
Legislature needs to give us more 5% raises.

2.8