The MENTOR Network Employee Reviews

Its a decent pklace to work depending on who you work for.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 27, 2017
its a decent place to work , depending on who you work for. the pay isn't much and I racked up a lot of miles on my car transporting their clients. company vehicles would be good for this type of work.
Pros
freedom
Cons
neglient managers
Very positive workplace
Life Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, RIMay 22, 2017
It's like a family. Everyone pulls together to work as a team. Like any job it can become stressful but you need to remind yourself of the reasons your there. Remember your purposes.
Been working here for 2 years now
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 22, 2017
There is so much potential in these programs but the directors fail to help move the programs forward. Too much drama and favorites are played often. HR is next to useless and hardly ever helpful- they will also give your name to your boss when it is supposed to be kept confidential. No flexibility in hours and no opportunities for a raise. You can move up but rarely. The clients are wonderful but they are paying us so much for the little the get out of it. (Supplies are not purchased for activities) You deal with so much for the little pay you do get. I don't recommend this company at all.
Pros
Clients are great, wonderful experience
Cons
Management, Hr, Pay
LVN (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 10, 2017
Full benefits and great company to work for! My shifts consisted of 3 days, twelve hour shifts. The people who work for this company are kind and genuine. I would definitely recommend to a friend.
Worst place to work
Life Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 8, 2017
Horrible management, low pay, and constant meetings on your days off. If you need a job quick this is the place and a easy resume builder for future employment.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management, excess rumors
Never again
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Fairmont MNMay 7, 2017
Loved working with the client's but I hates the managers and co workers. Too much back stabbing. Pd's would favor certain employees. And they will let people get away with anything...
Pros
Working with the clients
Cons
Not being paid enough, too much drama with in the company, and they run ypu into the ground
great learning environment
Activity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLMay 6, 2017
definitely gave me a good background in this field and always looks good on my resume. Employers tend to be impressed by it when they see the amount of experience I have with it
Pros
free food
Cons
disconnect and lack of communitcarion between LST's and higher ups
Coworkers and consumers were amazing
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOMay 5, 2017
Co workers were team oriented. We worked together to get what needed to be done finished. They were fun to work with. Consumers were pleasant to work with and I miss them to this day. The company just didn't appreciate what staff done and didn't pay enough for what was done in the company.
Pros
Breaks when needed
Cons
Bad pay and main company owners and office managers were horrible and unappreciative
rewarding
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAMay 4, 2017
very rewarding place to work with a fun atmosphere, great benefits and very good pay. driving and having a car on a daily basis is required. every day is different
Productive and fun workplace.
Life Therapist (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILMay 1, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at NeuroRestorative. A typical day consisted of meal prep and completion of daily routines for adults with acquired brain injuries. The hardest part of my job would be when clients would have behavior incidents.
Amazing
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 1, 2017
I enjoy what I do it amazing , I just need a change in the job field. The consumers are great the staff is good just don"t see myself growing with the company.
Great Place To Work
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 1, 2017
People are passionate about making a difference in the life of the children and families we serve. If you want to make a difference and care about others you will have a great career at Mentor Network. Great place for career development and growth.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Benefits could be better
Do not do it!
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAApril 28, 2017
I worked for this company as a Clinical Coordinator (therapist). I will first say the position title is misleading. The position should be titled Case Manager because therapy is about 10% of the job. The rest of the job is transporting children with behaviors and mental illness in your personal vehicle. Being availabe to the mentors upon their request. Repetitive documentation and meetings. You are basically a paper pusher. Management is poor which is evidence by the high turnover of staff. They offer no support but plenty of work. There is no balance between work life and personal life. You are expected to be available at all times. Staff is provided with a laptop that is expected to be carried around as if it were a kidney. The position is salaried so it is expected of you to put in a full day at the office and take the laptop home and do more work. Mileage reimbursement is laughable considering the wear and tear on your personal vehicle, along with destructive kids. You'll have the kids personal items in your trunk for weeks (until the child is located). You are expected to use your personal cell phone to communicate with the office, mentors and family while you are out in the field. There is a rotating on call scheduled. Again, you are required to use your personal cell phone with no compensation or expectation of respect or privacy. This place is a huge liability to YOU personally. Your vehicle, your insurance! Raises? Not happening. Employee benefits? laughable. For a Masters level position (licensed or not) the pay is insulting. You will more than likely burn out before  more... you even figure the job out. There is no room for growth. If you are looking to enhance your clinical skills it will not be done here. I say take these reviews as facts and pass this one by.  less
Pros
Clients. Flexible schedule.
Cons
Personal liability. Poor compensation. No work/ family life balance. Overworked. Poor management.
Dont apply
Daily support provider (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVApril 28, 2017
Do not apply for this job unless u want to be worked like a slave, be under paid, and catch bed bugs. The office only cares for themselves and MONEY not their individuals or employees.
Good work atmosphere
Life Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHApril 27, 2017
Good co workers and a good company to work for. Learned alot a good work skills and training also like cpr training and how to handle certain situations
Team environment is ice
Life Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  DeWitt, IAApril 26, 2017
Help people with Traumatic Brain Injuries. Enjoyable coworkers. Nice feeling like it is possible to make a difference in someone's life. The stress varies by shift and residents in each home.
Cons
Benefits are not competitive
Fun place and great people
Life Skills Trainer, LST (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAApril 24, 2017
I assist people with brain and spinal cord injuries with every day activities like cooking and playing games. I've learned patience and how to interact with people better. Great work environment with grea
Terrible place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 24, 2017
A typical day at work doesn't involve any true leadership from the individuals in management positions. Learned that raises are not given unless you're in a management position. Management only cares about money, their own money. Workplace culture is cold, frigid, and micro-managed if you work at the state office on Division street. The most enjoyable part of the job is when supporting the customers they serve actually comes first.

"Bringing Caring Closer" is their motto but they are far from it.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Leadership
Laid back job
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAApril 24, 2017
I have worked at this company for a little over two years at a few different houses. the only bad thing about the company is that management sucks. They are not as supportive as other companies that I have worked with.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Bad management
okay job if you just want experience to put on your resume
BHT (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 24, 2017
at first I enjoyed working for the company and the population it serves. after working there for two years there is nothing but drama with co workers, favoritism with management and an overall feeling of being unappreciated for the endless amounts of paperwork and tasks that need to get completed in a day. this company does not value their employees and had a 71% turn over rate in ONE MONTH. they do not give an overnight differential. you are expected to clean up the house after clients (since that is what is included in overnight duties), so what does that teach client when they have their own place after? clients are ungrateful and do not want to participate in treatment because there are no 'real life consequences' if they don't complete chores, participate in house activities or counseling. there are clients who have been there for more than 5 years and haven't had any progress because refusal of treatment but mentor still keeps them because it means $$. I thought this was a transitional facility, guess not. unless you just want some experience in mental health, they hire anyone so go for it, but if otherwise save yourself from this horrible company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The MENTOR Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6