The Methodist Hospital System Employee Reviews

Transplant
Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
Extra high turnover and lots of politics. Buyer beware. There is a reason that there are always jobs in this department and it's not because they just have amazing patient ratios. Actually for many sections the ratios are brutal. You have to be in it because you are absolutely dedicated to transplant and you will put up with anything for it.
Pros
Amazing physicians, exposure to many speakers and research programs
Cons
Patient ratios, politics, work life balance
Cna
PCA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2017
Walking and standing for long 12 hour shifts, CNA's are constantly hourly rounding on their patients, you must be able to multitask,and document accurately.
Pros
occasional bonus
Cons
patients take advantage of the methodist system
Great
Histology/Cytology- Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
Its been a great place to work for the past five years I stated off as an intern and worked my way upward into working in salary as I finished my college degree.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Anonymous Flex Pool RRT
Respiratory Care Practitioner III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2017
Pros- make your own schedule, great experience in emergency/intensive adult patient care, awesome physicians & RNs that actually listen & depend on good RRTs, exercise @ work (average 5 miles per shift)

Cons- micromanagement & slim staff at night with heavy workload most of the time, hard to switch from nights to days & from flex to full-time due to poor communication between managers
The hospital was a very good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2017
This was a good place to work which was a lot to learn at this place of employment and working hands on as well with other co workers. The knowledge of learning the different systems and new technology to better work.
Pros
Good in trainging and get your certification
Cons
There wasnt any cons at this time
nurse
Medical Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2016
great place to grow, supportive of staff and family. nurses are trained to be great nurses as evidenced by promoting growth and mentoring new grads
One of the best hospital's to work for, proven worldwide.
Corporate Office/Transaction Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, Texas (Medical CenterOctober 6, 2014
Methodist Hospital System is indeed one of the best hospital's to work for, it has been proven and rated worldwide. I am currently employed here and wish to explore more of within the corporate heathcare rather it be with Methodist and/or other healhcare industries. My work ethics are proven and above expectations and goals that are set forth which are often met while assisting other's to exceed there goals. I work as a team and a true team player looking to always assist where needed. I continue to educate myself within the job structure that is set forth before me and willing to continue to grow and maintain any other opportunities within the industry or outside the industry. Management is supportive and sometimes challenging when making decisions to provide changes and structure in dividing workload and exceeding daily goals. I enjoy the work challenge that is set forth daily and any new developments to assist in exceeding in the coding/billing enviornment that I am currently positioned in.
Pros
The ability to attend conferences, seminars to help further educate within the coding/billing field.
Cons
Long work hours are sometimes required/requested to exceed goals that are approaching deadlines.
Productive and Efficient Healthcare Professional Seeking Career
Scheduler II/Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Highly qualified and motivated healthcare professional with a well rounded background seeking a healthcare position bringing 17+ years of related experience and skills. Held various positions within the healthcare industry including: physician practice management, patient scheduling and registration, insurance verification, and referral and precertification procedures.
Great Place to work
AP System Support Specialist - PeopleSoft (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2014
The working environment was very good. Management and the other team members were friendly.
Pros
Good hours
productive & opportunities to grow
Floor Nurse-LVN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2013
Team work, very helpful & resourceful co workers,everyday @ Methodist is a learning experience, the hardest part of the job is when we are short s\taffed and we still need to satisfy patients & do excellent works.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
low pay
A great place to work!
Manager of Infrastructure & Communications (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxJune 27, 2013
The staff is excellent and the management team seems to work well under pressure!

Excellent Work environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2013
Methodist is a nice place to work and the people really treat you with respect. I would recommend the hospital to others.
Wonderful Place, good hours
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2013
A typical day work is very busy, I learn how to commmunicate effectively and form good teamwork. The hardest part of my job is staying organized , plenty of tasks comes up just have to stay focus and calm. The most enjoyable part of the job was having it coexist with my school schedule.
Pros
cooperative coworkers, health ins
Cons
dead end job, starter job
Overall Methodist proved they cared about their employees health.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2013
My day was very busy with a high volume of patient calls, faxes, prescription request, and managemant of the patient schedule.
Pros
the physicians that i worked for showed great appreciation for my work efforts.
Cons
the workload was unevenly distributed.
Our Department has a good working environment
Payment Review Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2013
My typical day usually starts around 7 or 8 am, reviewing accounts that paid, denied, requested additional information or additional research for insurance payers BCBS, Cigna & United Healthcare. I work the high dollars accounts first, initiate the necessary action to get the account paid which sometime entails re-verifying insurance information that may have denied for no coverage. There are 3 other team member that also handle these payers. I work well with peers, management and other external departments.
Pros
being exemplt and have that flexibility
Cons
the repeticion of the job
Respectful of you and your growth
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2013
I found the culture at TMHS to be respectful and comforting. Management and Leadership were always concerned on how you enjoyed your work and efforts for advancement. There are politics, but just like any organization. Overall, I found it to be a great company to work for and grow with.
Best place to work for...
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2013
Great benefits, good coworkers and the hospital's #1 goal for patient and employee satisfaction.
The best part:There are places for people to pray and worship regardless of their religion.
Pros
bonus
Pleasant, productive environment
CDM Manager, Transaction Control (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2012
Job utilized all skill sets including olinical, financial and operational. Wonderful co-workers. Volume often challenging, however i loved my job!
Pros
pleasant work environment
Cons
antiquated computer systems
Outstanding hospital experience.
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2012
TMH located in the TMC is a magnet hospital. The unit where I worked was an extremely busy high acute floor where resident physicians and physicians on training from Baylor College of medicine practice. Primary care nursing is very challenging at TMH and the professional education I earned was remarkable. The hardest part of the job was that the responsibilities can be so overwhelmingly tedious with countless duties to do in a 12 hr shift's time.
Pros
annual bonus contigent on patient satisfaction surveys
Cons
less supportive, non-constructive harsh criticisms from the unit manager.
Great hospital to work with excellent benefits.
Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2012
Patient and their families travel far and near to visit the Methodist Hospital. Whether it is for a short period of time or long period of time, they have given the Methodist Hospital a chance to serve them, from the time the they walk threw the door and from the time they leave. Transcribing orders was a challenge but a joy to do. In doing so, I was able to move into a different area of work. There was always team work in the work place. When I was not sure about something my co-worker was there to help me out. Understandig the telementry monitors was the hardest of my job. That is, looking a multiple telemetry at one time was confusing. Overall, I enjoyed working at the Methodist Hospital, knowing I had a job to go to every day was a joy to me.
Pros
great benefits, busline, great people to work with.
Cons
shift work, pay