The Senior Network Operations Engineer reports to the Associate Manager of Network Services, and will be responsible for operational management of the organization's 200 network switches, administration of user/server/telecom VLAN's, and resolution of problems on the internal network. This position will work closely with the Senior Security and WLAN engineer on network architecture and design, and in the implementation of complex firewall rule changes. This position will also interact closely with IT application administrators, developers, and non-IT business units to ensure both smooth problem resolution as well as to identify and plan for new project impacts on the organization's network. Resource will also interact with Engineering and Security consultants. The key personal skills for success include accountability, critical thinking, teamwork, and initiative.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administration of internal network switching infrastructure, including new installations, base configuration, firmware updates, adds/moves/changes, port level security, NAC, UAC, monitoring, backups, documentation, and change management
- Troubleshoot, research, identify, and remediate network issues utilizing tools from Riverbed, WireShark, SolarWinds, and other protocol analyzers
- Lead Networking engineer for all voice and cellular-related initiatives, working closely with internal Telecom team to ensure that PBX and VoIP strategy implemented effectively
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the internal IPAM, DHCP, and DNS services and appliances.
- Assist in implementing, troubleshooting, and resolving firewall and security device setup, configuration, and policy enforcement tasks and issues for new and existing operational projects ensuring network connectivity and security is maintained.
- Assist in administration of the organization's Aruba WLAN, which covers over 2MM square feet of public space.
- Assist in administration, maintenance, and upgrades of the organization's Juniper core switching infrastructure, including understanding routing, vLans, and STP ensuring proper change management, impact analysis, and testing has been performed
- Proactive network monitoring and tuning.
- Research, recommend, demo, and implement new network technologies and solutions.
- Other related duties
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of networking technologies, Juniper a plus
- Extensive knowledge of routed protocols (TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6)
- Experience managing a complex internal network, including core and IDF switches, administering switch updates, and performing device firmware backups
- Solarwinds or similar network monitoring tools
- Experience with networking aspects of PCI compliance
- Knowledge of and experience administering WLAN technology, Aruba a plus
- Experience administering remote site networks
- Extensive knowledge of DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, TACACS+v
- Extensive knowledge of WLAN technology (Aruba, 802.11abgn, Smartphones, Tablets)
- Strong experience in internetworking technologies (MPLS, VPN, T1, DS3, point to point, Ethernet)
Knowledge and Education:
- 10+ or more year’s experience, 5 or more network engineering experience
- Network certifications, potentially including CompTIA Network+ or A++, CWNA,
- ITIL, CISSP, CISM, or other related certifications a plus
The Metropolitan Museum of Art was founded in 1870 and is one of the world's largest and finest art museums. Its collections include more...