THE MILLARD GROUP Employee Reviews

Cleaning the mall
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 21, 2017
I can the food court and the restrooms and the mall floors. I learn how to do a lot things at once. helping others. lifting things when I become pregnant. It was relaxing at night cleaning.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, 30 min lunch breaks
Last resort company
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 27, 2017
MY experience:

Millard is a joke & the pay was BS! Before I started I wasn't told that I would need special shoe until after I signed my W2's! Then I found out that they would cost $150-$200 and the company would refund me $50! BIG WHOOP! I guess that makes sense seeing as I was only gettin paid $8.50 and it wouldn't make or break me! (sarcasm) 🙄

I told that my specific job site "once people start they stay for a long time and there's room for extra hours and advancement". EXTREMLY untrue! After I started, my coworkers & the employees of that company said that their turnover rate was outrageous! I see why! I took the job because it was crucial for me at the time but I would never go back and wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless it was their last resort like it was mine at the time!

I've never worked a job where the supervisor doesn't have at least ONE bathroom to do! Apparently, Millard hires "non working supervisors" which makes absolutely no sense to me! Instead of spending the money to actually pay WORKING employees so that they don't feel like they're barely surviving (even FT employees), they give it to someone to sit around and TELL people how to do common sense work, play favoritism to certain employees and take long lasting breaks but try to enforce the 15 minute rule on others!

If you're going to give out X amount of hours then make sure the work load is equivalent so that employees don't have to walk around/moving slowly to manage time or pretending like there's actual work to do!
Pros
My location kept supplies/location employees nice (for the most part)
Cons
EVERYTHING else you can think of!
Built with greed
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2016
They do not pay the amount you deserve for the work you put in, then you get fired because they're making changes to the company. You're not notified that you will potentially lose your job. So if you want to work somewhere with no security and very low pay for your work apply now !
Not a good job
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 25, 2016
Cleaning up the mall food court and having to check the restrooms every thirty minutes by my self just isn't worth the $7.25 an hour pay rate. I do not miss it.
Job not worth it
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 23, 2016
If you like picking up people's garbage and messes all over the parking lot and mall. then this job is for someone who is out of high school or part time college, not for a family man. The upper management is awesome, but as far as lower management, they need to retire. co workers are okay people and hard workers.
Pros
Cons
manager and everything about the job
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILApril 28, 2013
I loved working for this job, the pay was great, benefits were helpful, and we also had a Union to back us up. Only thing was, cleaning Mall toliets and food courts every hour for a 12 hour shift of a 5 year span worn me down
Pros
Great pay, benefits, great hours
Cons
Dirty Job
Gift cards at holidays and birthdays
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAAugust 30, 2012
My first supervisor was easy to work for and she had the respect of all employee's.
Pros
the supervisor made everyone feel needed and expressed her appreciation almost everyday.
Cons
the new supervisor had his own agenda which did not convey themeaning of team work.
Accetable culture and initiatives.
Director of Strategic Relations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2012
Still growing and makig adjustments.

Updatedon critical pefromance issues.

You are only as good as the assocites that support you.

Long distance business decision approach, some times a disconnection.

Solid hard working people.

Hard part of job was delay in needed response.

Positive comments from customer.
Pros
independent decision when dealing with customers.
Cons
covering 32 statees.