The Millennium Group Employee Reviews in United States

don't do it
clerk (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYJanuary 15, 2016
This company is only good if you are just starting in the work force for the first time! The pay isn't good. the Vacation time is only 5 days for the whole year. what can you do with that which is nothing! it took two years to get a raise and it wasn't even worth it. health coverage is very expensive. no room for growth or anything. Operating manager doesn't explain anything to you till after the fact.co-workers are childish, site managers are secretive and don't share when there is a new position available.
Pros
if your just starting out and need a job
Cons
health care will put you out of your home, vacation time is the worst
Offered False Promises. Management is Deceptive & misleading
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2015
This must be the worst Outsourcing company in NYC.

No growth. No Help or assistance to transfer or move to other sites to better myself. They have very low wages. They lied to me for 3 years. Promising raises and upward mobility. I stayed thinking and hoping something wonderful was going to happen. Same Salary same position. They just use you.
Pros
small staff, small department, small unit
Cons
Managers lack peoples skills, No Professional Development for the staff
Excellent opportunity to learn new things about insurance industry.
Support Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2015
I worked for The Millennium Group for their client, Fireman's Fund Insurance Company, in Dallas TX. I enjoyed providing support, customer service, to Underwriters and Underwriting Assistants. It was rewarding work processing excellent new business submissions for the CSR to rate and UW to quote, while gaining a reputation for providing excellent quality work. I also made changes to existing policies, and performed other post issuance tasks, and I appreciated the variety of work. This position involved heavy data entry, of which I am proficient, and I was able to utilize my Microsoft Office computer experience.

Please note that my rating at the top of this page, for the most part, reflects the location/office where I worked in Dallas. As far as the company as a whole, I have not worked for them in any other locations, and have no other experiences to compare this experience to.
Pros
Free holiday lunch, and occasional fun team building activities.
Cons
Medical benefits were not good, and minimal vacation/sick days provided.
Good place to get experience
Support Services Rep (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2015
Good place to get office work experience and the work is pretty easy. Rules seem to change constantly and apply only to certain people. Management could use training in communication and leadership skills.
Pros
Decent pay, weekends and holidays off, easy work
Cons
Poor benefits, not much room for growth, constant rule changes, poor ethics in management
They wer not honest about benefits.
(Contractor) / Genzyme Sanofi (Current Employee) –  framingham, maAugust 11, 2015
Penny pinchers, cheap, lousy insurance vacation benefits. Do not know procedures in the company they represent and do not want to find out. Have no idea of what is required for the job being done.
Pros
They will steal your time while they make the big bucks
Offices Services Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2015
I started as a mail clerk back in 2013 in BNY 101 Barclay. TMG don't deserve the management that work there. They soon realized my potential and moved me to 200 park.
They don't care how good you are, you are stuck on the same and that's should be your spot for the next 5-20 years because they have a good friend that is old enough to retire and don't want to retire. Instead of preparing you for the future, they try to find a way to get rid of you quick before you realize that they wont give you a raise. Don't even dream of management under these circumstances. Hostile work environment, fight to get paid the overtime they promised you they would pay, they ignore your efforts. Don't even try to complaint against a manager, they see you as an expendable piece, you are nothing and you can easily be replaced.
A huge problem with TMG is the fact that is an outsource company that in most cases decide to keep some employees of the former administration that mostly see you as an invader, they cause hostility and see you as the reason why their friends were terminated and their wages lowered.
I worked at TMG as a mail clerk making 10.00 they soon moved me to a new spot that was higher paying (11.00/hr) but I got stuck on that same salary ever since, I never got a raise, never got any motivation, I grew sour until finally terminating relationships with TMG.

Tipical Work day
101 Barclay: Started shift at 8:00AM would receive the mail together with another 7 (back then) mail clerks, sort the mail depending to which location they were going, then sort those going to 101 barclay then
  more... distribute it. Really that was the normal routine 3 times a day except for some special cases where some departments had a big day and needed a pick up at their mailbox, and obviously the entire crew talking.

200 Park
I was moved here 6 months since I started working for TMG. My position was the closer, I would set up the day for the morning crew. There were 3 starting hours 7AM 8Am and my spot 9AM-6PM A typical day would involve setting up meetings with drinks and anything else they requested like whiteboards, etc. Walk around the floor making sure everything is in order and that the kitchens were well supplied, checking the inventory for reorder, supplying the kitchens as needed, collecting recyclables, collecting bins for shredding, and in my case printing out the schedule for the meetings of the next day for the morning crew.

If you are thinking working here, it's easy to get in, however, you should keep in mind that this is a temporary position to make money while you look for something else.
Pros
free food at some locations via the client's meetings
Cons
poor management, blind management, hostile work environment, low pay, likely not to get paid overtime, favoritism, dead end
Horrible Company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2016
If your White you have a good chance to make it; but if you black! Run fast, especially at the management level,

They have no business savvy, a bunch of knuckle dragging punks pretending to be professional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Productive, Managing Receptionist and Mail Services
Administrative Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Ensure that Receptionist and Mail Services are maintaining job expection while performing great customer services. Learning the process of mail services for companies. Minimum management guidance. Didn't deal with co-workers at this level. Hardest part of job was the communication and training coming from management level. Enjoyable part of the job with the excitement from the staff and being able to work with great people that loved you as a manager.
Pros
great pay/benefits
Cons
poor training/commute to job
poor management, no job advancement, overworked & underpaid
Office Service Associate (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 7, 2016
lack of leadership & knowledge hender the workflow and lack of manpower makes everybody job harder , running of entire floor and mailroom. took no breaks and no lunch sometimes get done after i was suppose to be off don't get paid for it
Pros
Cons
bad heath plan, horrbile vacation time
management is horrroble. They go for people who are ONLY recommended and they don't even check their background.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 2, 2016
They ask for requirements that other people who work there DO NOT HAVE such as high school diploma. HR doesn't do anything with complaints.
I DO NOT RECOMMENDED
Easy tasks, not much work, equipment helps with a lot, etc.
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 21, 2015
I come in and i clock in, i check the building on all floors to see if they need paper. If they do then i stock it from the storage closet pushing 6 boxes at a time (each box of paper weighs 50 lbs) to fill the designated areas up with paper and then i collect all the empty boxes for employees who need them or i break them down to put them with recycling. I sort, distribute, and collect mail from all outlets (UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.) i sign packages out to employees and put them into the system, i email persons that packages arrived for. I send out a pouch with classified information and checks/bonds, i get the tracking number and email to all the big bosses after i seal it up and lock then send it through UPS. i get boxes and envelopes for people sending out packages who dont have that available to them. At the end of the day the packages that weren't picked up by employees i lock them up until the next day so no one can steal them or misplace them.
Pros
easy work, get a work out, equipment helps
Cons
Lazy manager
One of the worst experiences of my career
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2014
Senior management will lie to your face while smiling and sticking you. An HR department that is probably the worst I have ever dealt with at any level. It amazed me everyday how clueless these people were. Staff work hard everyday, are promised raises and four months after management swore up and down that a raise was coming in a few weeks, FOUR months later nothing. I couldnt get out of there faster. My direct boss was a great guy, tried hard, but when management is clueless about employee morale or just doesnt care, it is a lose for everyone. I would warn everyone to skip over any job posting for this third rate company. I only gave them one star because you are forced to choose one. I would have given no stars if possible. Probably the worst job I ever had in my life. Hated it every day. I am at a loss as to how any company could treat their employees this badly. Sad. Thats all I can say. Run. Run fast from this motley crew.
The Worst!
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 2, 2014
A typical day at work is waiting for the Fed Ex and UPS staff to deliver packages, which are logged in. Boring most of the day sitting around waiting for people to pick up packages. We also stocked supplies and paper. Once again, boring. I learned not to ever call director's or executives, this is why they have ea's. The ea's are the pits, they lie on you to keep their noses clean. They also have a false sense of authority. Everyone knows they are an "assistant" and that is it. Co-workers constantly make mistakes and everyone passes the ball. Most enjoyable part of the day was hearing how the manager was going to take us to lunch for doing such a good job, as he promised. We all knew this was never going to happen.
Pros
i cannot think of any.
Cons
low pay, awful benefits, negative working conditions, management is a joke.
not people friendly
Mailroom/ Service Center Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2016
They're a bunch of hypocrites that do not care about your well being at the job and just basically let you rot until you quit.
Cant stand them at all.
Pros
friendship with other workers
Cons
All of the above
Great Place to work to grow your career
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls NJMay 25, 2015
Top Management is excellent, growing company that cares about their employees. Great opportunity to take additional training and grow your career if you are willing to take the next step.
Pros
Great Work Life Balance, teamwork
Dead end job with nowhere to go but down!
Claims Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAFebruary 22, 2013
*Ridiculous low pay by this office support contractor
*1 week vacation for the first 5 years, 3 days sick leave total
*Little to no room for advancement (some employees grandfathered in with much better package)
*No avenue for new hires to EVER be rewarded with package of grandfathered in employees
*This creates a environment of haves/have nots , leading to dysfunction and people feeling under valued
*Single vision approach...cheaper,cheaper,cheaper
*Communication from management inconsistent and demeaning
*Obsession with tracking numbers to validate their existence
*End of year review and reward hard to understand. You could get a 5 star review and a raise that didn't come close to your value
*Each year with cost of living you fall further behind

This company's sole purpose is to come in and replace full time parent company employees with a far less qualified and compensated employee. Unfortunately this is the role of "contractor"
in our workplace today. When everything becomes about the cost and not the value, everyone loses.
Pros
it's a job if you need one
Cons
it's only a job if you need one
Lack of orginization
Trustee / Executor (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 1, 2015
Needs a better communication base along with a set of principles to follow. That is all I can Say about that. Have a nice day
Horrible benefits and no growth
Lead Intercept Clerk (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 13, 2012
If your looking for something to just use up time till you finish school or find something better, or get your feet wet in the working world then this company is ok for you. But the benefits are ridiculous, salary and pay raise is no good, vacation packages are no good, and is just not the most pleasant company to work for.
Pros
experience
Cons
salary, vacation, growth, management, uniforms
Not a very pleasant workplace now
Office Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2012
I worked at the location where I am at now for almost 5 years.
The manager and "supervisor" are very lousy.
I won't recommend working here for a career. If you want to advance I would head back to school for something else.
Pros
good pay for when you are going to school
Cons
too many rules and bosses, plus no raises what so ever
Not a company for any kind of financial growth. No PTO time.
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 6, 2014
A typical day at work is waiting 2 hours for UPS/Fed to show up and for the mail courier.
Pros
work is not stressful, very simple mailroom duties.
Cons
low pay, difficult co-workers, no career growth in arizona and terrible medical benefits/no pto time.

2.6