The Miriam Hospital

The Miriam Hospital Employer Reviews

Positive work place
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 9, 2014
Admit and discharge patients, while coordinating the flow of patient activity and information on the unit, based on currently approved policies and procedures recognized by the hospital. multitask, answer phones, assists nurses, doctors with patient information/needs.
miriam
cardiovascular technologists (Current Employee), providence,r.i.February 28, 2014
Miriam is a very nice hospital to work for the 24 hour call is mandatory and is too much
Great place
Interventional Radiology Technologist (Current Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 3, 2014
I find the Miriam is a great place for employees and more importantly for the patients.
Very Productive and exciting place to work
RESEARCH SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Providence, RIDecember 23, 2013
Meeting up with clients, provide medical services to clients who have no insurance. Providing information in maintaining safe while Participants are at risk.
Excellent, high quality institution
Rehabilitation manager (Former Employee), Providence, RINovember 12, 2013
Four time Magnet hospital with integrated care. Administration is populated with an excellent team of professionals. Nursing care is extra ordinary.
Overall, a great place to work.
working at the hospital
CNA (Former Employee), Providence, RIOctober 29, 2013
working here was great.. this hospital was very eficient woth there patients. They want and recieved the best care possible. But one thing that they dont have is a working schedule for ndividuals that will like to return to school. They dont work with your schedule that was one of the reason , I had to leave the hospital. When the right time comes I – more... will like to apply again. – less
miriam
Collegiate Nurse Internship (Former Employee), Providence, RIOctober 9, 2013
Great education and lots of opportunities. Good location.
WONDERFUL WORK ENVIRONMENT W/ STAFF THAT WORK WELL AS A TEAM AS WELL AS EXCELLENT CARE
Nuclear Medicine Technologist -Per Diem/Call (Current Employee), Providence, RIJune 25, 2013
I am a perdiem tech here, but I only take call. I've learned a lot from them, as I did all of my clinical at TMH and had this job created for me after graduating b/c they liked me and wanted me to stay. It is a wonderful place to work w/ wonderful people. It is a hard job b/c I only get called in for emergent cases and I am all alone in the dept. Which – more... was nerve racking as a new grad but I have taken to the job surprisingly well. Although it is a great job and place to work, I need a job w/ benefits and I personally enjoy CT most out of all modalities that I am certified in. – less
Exciting and innovative hospital
Research Associate (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 1, 2013
The Miriam Hospital is always striving to remain at the cutting edge of medical technology. People are friendly and capable.
Excellent environment
Unit Secretary - 3 North Med/Surg (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 22, 2013
Very busy with awesome coworkers - everyone works together to make for a smooth work day. Management always available to meet with. The entire job is a challenge - having a good laugh during the day with coworkers relieves stress.
Chronic busy hospital at times understaffed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: interrupted breaks therefore short breaks
A typical day is very busy without enough help.
There are a lot to learn. keep up with nursing skills. communication, able to multi-task, critical thinking and to be an advocate for the patients.
The majority of my co-works are good helping hand. We also help one another when we can.
The hardest part of the job is doing everything on my own.
The most – more... enjoyable part of my job is when we help each other.
Also is to take care of my patients as a whole human being. – less
Wonderful Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Providence, RIDecember 12, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay
learned all about the hospital environment, great teaching setting,
I love working as an Interventional pain specialist
Attending Staff (Current Employee), Surgery CenterSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: direct patient contact to help them with pain
Cons: dealing with insurance companies
I enjoy my job as a Interventional Pain management specialist. Love to interact with patients and get gratification by helping them with their pain symptoms.
My co-worker consider me as extremely compassionate and patient focused.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with insurance companies.
The most enjoyable part of my job is pain procedures.
good place to work
Environmental Services Department (House Keeping) (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 30, 2012
Fast paste

good communication skills

Managment is good

Co-workers is great

Parking is hard to get

working different areas
xtremely busy work environment.
Registrar (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 25, 2012
Pros: talking with patients and their families.
Cons: physical environment (crowded), no desk to organize work, being on feet all day.
Responsible for registration of patients in the Emergency Department
Responsible for admitting patients from Emergency Department to Inpatient/Observation
Responsible for verifying patients’ insurance
Responsible for collecting copayments
Responsible for explaining HIPAA policy
Responsible for explaining community free service to patients
Teamwork essential to job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Providence, RIMay 22, 2012
Pros: teamwork, flexibility, exciting place to work
I absolutely love and truly enjoy my job at The Miriam Hospital, however, I will be relocating to the Brandon area of Florida in July 2012. I have learned so much working with wonderful staff, teamwork being a huge part of my job, management being very flexible and willing to work with you regarding scheduling issues, difficult patients and how to handle – more... them, and working at Miriam has just been a great experience.
I was allowed and being a certified CNA, I was part of staff that worked together in code situations, CPR to dying patients, etc.
I was nominated to be a "supertrainer" for my peers and new employees, and also was told that I am a "Role Model" for other CNA's. – less
Great learning environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Providence, RIMay 3, 2012
Cons: change of shifts
Ability to gain knowledge from co-workers which include Pharmacists, nurses, doctors, etc. Able to receive tuition reimbursement through Lifespan.
Room for growth
Human Resources Assistant & Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 23, 2012
Pros: medical terminology
Cons: n/a
I worked for The Miriam Hospital/Lifespan Corporate for 7 years non consecutively and enjoyed the years that I was given the chance to learn medical terminology.
great place to work for
providence ri (Current Employee), cnaNovember 9, 2011
it is a very educational oriented place, there is always room for advancement

About The Miriam Hospital

From the youngest babies to the most golden oldies, Lifespan Corporation has the health of Rhode Islanders covered through every – Read more