The Miriam Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great Hospital to work at
ESD/Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 17, 2015
Great hospital to work at.
Pay is not good for ESD workers, as we do a lot....but the health benefits are excellent.

If you are full time you earn time off, also at part time, but, a little
more earned time off. No more than 3 employees are allowed off on any given day, so, fairly easy to get the day off you requested.
(Summer time would be the hardest though).
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Pay
Wonderful work environment w/ staff that work well as a team as well as excellent care
Nuclear Medicine Technologist -Per Diem/Call (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 25, 2013
I am a perdiem tech here, but I only take call. I've learned a lot from them, as I did all of my clinical at TMH and had this job created for me after graduating b/c they liked me and wanted me to stay. It is a wonderful place to work w/ wonderful people. It is a hard job b/c I only get called in for emergent cases and I am all alone in the dept. Which was nerve racking as a new grad but I have taken to the job surprisingly well. Although it is a great job and place to work, I need a job w/ benefits and I personally enjoy CT most out of all modalities that I am certified in.
a typical day at work
Medical Record Processor (Former Employee) –  Providence, Rhode IslandOctober 19, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Great place to work, good friends, great opportunities to grow in the workplace.
Excellent Hospital to work at
Manager of Special Imaging (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 17, 2015
Patient safety and satisfaction number one priority. Dedicated staff which makes managing fun and easy. Challenges with promptness of hiring in a timely fashion
Excellent collaborative and patient-centered work environment.
Hematology/Oncology Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 22, 2015
It has been a rewarding experience working at The Miriam Hospital. It has a superior work environment! The well established culture of patient care and safety are not merely words, they are the daily practice and values of this institution. There is a collegial respect exchanged from housekeeping to management. It has been a joy and privilege to have worked in this institution.
Customer Service
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 13, 2015
Dealing with patients with disabilities and taking calls from the patients pharmacy when needed. The company closed here in RI and moved to Ohio. Now under a different name.
Wonderful Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 12, 2012
learned all about the hospital environment, great teaching setting,
benefits
Cons
pay
Enjoyable and fun place to work
Intern - Student Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 28, 2015
Very enjoyable place to work. The staff was very knowledgeable and always ready and willing to assist others with any task that needed to be completed.
Pros
Free lunch
Very Productive Hospital, and show kindness to patients.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 27, 2015
Working at Miriam Hospital, give me the opportunity to learn and broaden my knowledge a lot. Miriam Hospital is a family work place, employee are very kind and show our patients what is like to be in there shoes.
Favortism
Lab Sample Processor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 26, 2015
Does not compensate, promote, or hire fairly or effectively. Does not treat everyone fairly. Management is miserable and often too stressed to handle job duties.
Great workplace
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 7, 2015
great work place, safe environment and involved management. Always was shown employee appreciation and was always acknowledged for excellence
Teamwork essential to job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 22, 2012
I absolutely love and truly enjoy my job at The Miriam Hospital, however, I will be relocating to the Brandon area of Florida in July 2012. I have learned so much working with wonderful staff, teamwork being a huge part of my job, management being very flexible and willing to work with you regarding scheduling issues, difficult patients and how to handle them, and working at Miriam has just been a great experience.
I was allowed and being a certified CNA, I was part of staff that worked together in code situations, CPR to dying patients, etc.
I was nominated to be a "supertrainer" for my peers and new employees, and also was told that I am a "Role Model" for other CNA's.
Pros
teamwork, flexibility, exciting place to work
Very good hospital
Dialysis / Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  rhode islandFebruary 7, 2015
This is a very good hospital, They treat all of their patients with respect and dignity. I would reccomend working here, all staff works as a team to accomplish their jobs
Pros
overtime
Cons
no room for advancement, no pay increases
I love working as an Interventional pain specialist
Attending Staff (Current Employee) –  Surgery CenterSeptember 30, 2012
I enjoy my job as a Interventional Pain management specialist. Love to interact with patients and get gratification by helping them with their pain symptoms.
My co-worker consider me as extremely compassionate and patient focused.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with insurance companies.
The most enjoyable part of my job is pain procedures.
Pros
direct patient contact to help them with pain
Cons
dealing with insurance companies
Progressive and professional work environment
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 16, 2015
Interacting with fellow employees who are driven and goal oriented. Working in a professional and efficient work environment, surrounded by like-minded individuals who cooperatively work as a team.
Nice co-workers and a good hospital.
Clinical Cancer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  ProvidenceMarch 26, 2015
The O.R. is very busy but the staff is great. It is a nice place to work and would recommend anyone who needs a hospital. It good working there and since it is in Providence, it is close to home.
Great hospital
Endoscopy technician (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 10, 2015
Great, Magnet hospital. Small, but great team player attitude. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help. Very clean.
professional multitasking
Unit Secretary- Med/Surgery (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 2, 2015
very busy workplace. appreciated the hospital being a teaching hospital. always willing to learn and soak in anything I could .
relaxed environment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  RIFebruary 17, 2015
The staff was very warm and welcoming, and the office manager was a very nice person (HIS Health Information Services dept). If you are someone who can sit at a desk for hours with little to no movement then the medical records dept is for you!
Chronic busy hospital at times understaffed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 4, 2013
A typical day is very busy without enough help.
There are a lot to learn. keep up with nursing skills. communication, able to multi-task, critical thinking and to be an advocate for the patients.
The majority of my co-works are good helping hand. We also help one another when we can.
The hardest part of the job is doing everything on my own.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when we help each other.
Also is to take care of my patients as a whole human being.
Pros
good pay
Cons
interrupted breaks therefore short breaks

4.4