The Miriam Hospital Employee Reviews

Teamwork essential to job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 22, 2012
I absolutely love and truly enjoy my job at The Miriam Hospital, however, I will be relocating to the Brandon area of Florida in July 2012. I have learned so much working with wonderful staff, teamwork being a huge part of my job, management being very flexible and willing to work with you regarding scheduling issues, difficult patients and how to handle them, and working at Miriam has just been a great experience.
I was allowed and being a certified CNA, I was part of staff that worked together in code situations, CPR to dying patients, etc.
I was nominated to be a "supertrainer" for my peers and new employees, and also was told that I am a "Role Model" for other CNA's.
Pros
teamwork, flexibility, exciting place to work
WONDERFUL WORK ENVIRONMENT W/ STAFF THAT WORK WELL AS A TEAM AS WELL AS EXCELLENT CARE
Nuclear Medicine Technologist -Per Diem/Call (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 25, 2013
I am a perdiem tech here, but I only take call. I've learned a lot from them, as I did all of my clinical at TMH and had this job created for me after graduating b/c they liked me and wanted me to stay. It is a wonderful place to work w/ wonderful people. It is a hard job b/c I only get called in for emergent cases and I am all alone in the dept. Which was nerve racking as a new grad but I have taken to the job surprisingly well. Although it is a great job and place to work, I need a job w/ benefits and I personally enjoy CT most out of all modalities that I am certified in.
Chronic busy hospital at times understaffed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 4, 2013
A typical day is very busy without enough help.
There are a lot to learn. keep up with nursing skills. communication, able to multi-task, critical thinking and to be an advocate for the patients.
The majority of my co-works are good helping hand. We also help one another when we can.
The hardest part of the job is doing everything on my own.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when we help each other.
Also is to take care of my patients as a whole human being.
Pros
good pay
Cons
interrupted breaks therefore short breaks
xtremely busy work environment.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 25, 2012
Responsible for registration of patients in the Emergency Department
Responsible for admitting patients from Emergency Department to Inpatient/Observation
Responsible for verifying patients’ insurance
Responsible for collecting copayments
Responsible for explaining HIPAA policy
Responsible for explaining community free service to patients
Pros
talking with patients and their families.
Cons
physical environment (crowded), no desk to organize work, being on feet all day.
I love working as an Interventional pain specialist
Attending Staff (Current Employee) –  Surgery CenterSeptember 30, 2012
I enjoy my job as a Interventional Pain management specialist. Love to interact with patients and get gratification by helping them with their pain symptoms.
My co-worker consider me as extremely compassionate and patient focused.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with insurance companies.
The most enjoyable part of my job is pain procedures.
Pros
direct patient contact to help them with pain
Cons
dealing with insurance companies
Excellent collaborative and patient-centered work environment.
Hematology/Oncology Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 22, 2015
It has been a rewarding experience working at The Miriam Hospital. It has a superior work environment! The well established culture of patient care and safety are not merely words, they are the daily practice and values of this institution. There is a collegial respect exchanged from housekeeping to management. It has been a joy and privilege to have worked in this institution.
overall good place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 13, 2014
Work statred at 6:30 a.m. most cases normally started around 7:00-7:30 a.m. no later than 8:00.
We start the day by checking all equipment in the OR first, then get proper pack for case and check doctor preference card to get everything the doctor wants for that case.
Properly open sterile items unto the sterile field without contaminating anything then processed to scrub in for case.
Great Hospital to work at
ESD/Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 17, 2015
Great hospital to work at.
Pay is not good for ESD workers, as we do a lot....but the health benefits are excellent.

If you are full time you earn time off, also at part time, but, a little
more earned time off. No more than 3 employees are allowed off on any given day, so, fairly easy to get the day off you requested.
(Summer time would be the hardest though).
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Pay
working at the hospital
CNA (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 29, 2013
working here was great.. this hospital was very eficient woth there patients. They want and recieved the best care possible. But one thing that they dont have is a working schedule for ndividuals that will like to return to school. They dont work with your schedule that was one of the reason , I had to leave the hospital. When the right time comes I will like to apply again.
Positive work place
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 9, 2014
Admit and discharge patients, while coordinating the flow of patient activity and information on the unit, based on currently approved policies and procedures recognized by the hospital. multitask, answer phones, assists nurses, doctors with patient information/needs.
Progressive and professional work environment
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 16, 2015
Interacting with fellow employees who are driven and goal oriented. Working in a professional and efficient work environment, surrounded by like-minded individuals who cooperatively work as a team.
Excellent environment
Unit Secretary - 3 North Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 22, 2013
Very busy with awesome coworkers - everyone works together to make for a smooth work day. Management always available to meet with. The entire job is a challenge - having a good laugh during the day with coworkers relieves stress.
relaxed environment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  RIFebruary 17, 2015
The staff was very warm and welcoming, and the office manager was a very nice person (HIS Health Information Services dept). If you are someone who can sit at a desk for hours with little to no movement then the medical records dept is for you!
Very Productive Hospital, and show kindness to patients.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 27, 2015
Working at Miriam Hospital, give me the opportunity to learn and broaden my knowledge a lot. Miriam Hospital is a family work place, employee are very kind and show our patients what is like to be in there shoes.
great work ethics and great co workers
Pathology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 4, 2015
I very much enjoy working as a Microbiologist for Lifespan.
I have gained so much experience and I feel that each day, I learn something new in the clinical field
Pros
flexible manager, seniority
Cons
vacation policies
Very good hospital
Dialysis / Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  rhode islandFebruary 7, 2015
This is a very good hospital, They treat all of their patients with respect and dignity. I would reccomend working here, all staff works as a team to accomplish their jobs
Pros
overtime
Cons
no room for advancement, no pay increases
Nice co-workers and a good hospital.
Clinical Cancer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  ProvidenceMarch 26, 2015
The O.R. is very busy but the staff is great. It is a nice place to work and would recommend anyone who needs a hospital. It good working there and since it is in Providence, it is close to home.
Room for growth
Human Resources Assistant & Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 23, 2012
I worked for The Miriam Hospital/Lifespan Corporate for 7 years non consecutively and enjoyed the years that I was given the chance to learn medical terminology.
Pros
medical terminology
Cons
n/a
Excellent, high quality institution
Rehabilitation manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 12, 2013
Four time Magnet hospital with integrated care. Administration is populated with an excellent team of professionals. Nursing care is extra ordinary.
Overall, a great place to work.
Very Productive and exciting place to work
RESEARCH SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 23, 2013
Meeting up with clients, provide medical services to clients who have no insurance. Providing information in maintaining safe while Participants are at risk.

4.3