The Miriam Hospital

The Miriam Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Great hospital
Endoscopy technician (Current Employee), Providence, RIApril 10, 2015
Great, Magnet hospital. Small, but great team player attitude. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help. Very clean.
professional multitasking
Unit Secretary- Med/Surgery (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 2, 2015
very busy workplace. appreciated the hospital being a teaching hospital. always willing to learn and soak in anything I could .
Nice co-workers and a good hospital.
Clinical Cancer Research Assistant (Former Employee), ProvidenceMarch 26, 2015
The O.R. is very busy but the staff is great. It is a nice place to work and would recommend anyone who needs a hospital. It good working there and since it is in Providence, it is close to home.
Progressive and professional work environment
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee), Providence, RIMarch 16, 2015
Interacting with fellow employees who are driven and goal oriented. Working in a professional and efficient work environment, surrounded by like-minded individuals who cooperatively work as a team.
relaxed environment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), RIFebruary 17, 2015
The staff was very warm and welcoming, and the office manager was a very nice person (HIS Health Information Services dept). If you are someone who can sit at a desk for hours with little to no movement then the medical records dept is for you!
Very good hospital
Dialysis / Medical Secretary (Current Employee), rhode islandFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: no room for advancement, no pay increases
This is a very good hospital, They treat all of their patients with respect and dignity. I would reccomend working here, all staff works as a team to accomplish their jobs
great work ethics and great co workers
Pathology Technologist (Current Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: flexible manager, seniority
Cons: vacation policies
I very much enjoy working as a Microbiologist for Lifespan.
I have gained so much experience and I feel that each day, I learn something new in the clinical field
overall good place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), Providence, RIAugust 13, 2014
Work statred at 6:30 a.m. most cases normally started around 7:00-7:30 a.m. no later than 8:00.
We start the day by checking all equipment in the OR first, then get proper pack for case and check doctor preference card to get everything the doctor wants for that case.
Properly open sterile items unto the sterile field without contaminating anything then processed to scrub in for case.
Positive work place
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 9, 2014
Admit and discharge patients, while coordinating the flow of patient activity and information on the unit, based on currently approved policies and procedures recognized by the hospital. multitask, answer phones, assists nurses, doctors with patient information/needs.
miriam
cardiovascular technologists (Current Employee), providence,r.i.February 28, 2014
Miriam is a very nice hospital to work for the 24 hour call is mandatory and is too much
Great place
Interventional Radiology Technologist (Current Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 3, 2014
I find the Miriam is a great place for employees and more importantly for the patients.
Very Productive and exciting place to work
RESEARCH SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Providence, RIDecember 23, 2013
Meeting up with clients, provide medical services to clients who have no insurance. Providing information in maintaining safe while Participants are at risk.
Excellent, high quality institution
Rehabilitation manager (Former Employee), Providence, RINovember 12, 2013
Four time Magnet hospital with integrated care. Administration is populated with an excellent team of professionals. Nursing care is extra ordinary.
Overall, a great place to work.
working at the hospital
CNA (Former Employee), Providence, RIOctober 29, 2013
working here was great.. this hospital was very eficient woth there patients. They want and recieved the best care possible. But one thing that they dont have is a working schedule for ndividuals that will like to return to school. They dont work with your schedule that was one of the reason , I had to leave the hospital. When the right time comes I will like to apply again.
miriam
Collegiate Nurse Internship (Former Employee), Providence, RIOctober 9, 2013
Great education and lots of opportunities. Good location.
WONDERFUL WORK ENVIRONMENT W/ STAFF THAT WORK WELL AS A TEAM AS WELL AS EXCELLENT CARE
Nuclear Medicine Technologist -Per Diem/Call (Current Employee), Providence, RIJune 25, 2013
I am a perdiem tech here, but I only take call. I've learned a lot from them, as I did all of my clinical at TMH and had this job created for me after graduating b/c they liked me and wanted me to stay. It is a wonderful place to work w/ wonderful people. It is a hard job b/c I only get called in for emergent cases and I am all alone in the dept. Which was nerve racking as a new grad but I have taken to the job surprisingly well. Although it is a great job and place to work, I need a job w/ benefits and I personally enjoy CT most out of all modalities that I am certified in.
Exciting and innovative hospital
Research Associate (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 1, 2013
The Miriam Hospital is always striving to remain at the cutting edge of medical technology. People are friendly and capable.
Excellent environment
Unit Secretary - 3 North Med/Surg (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 22, 2013
Very busy with awesome coworkers - everyone works together to make for a smooth work day. Management always available to meet with. The entire job is a challenge - having a good laugh during the day with coworkers relieves stress.
Chronic busy hospital at times understaffed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: interrupted breaks therefore short breaks
A typical day is very busy without enough help.
There are a lot to learn. keep up with nursing skills. communication, able to multi-task, critical thinking and to be an advocate for the patients.
The majority of my co-works are good helping hand. We also help one another when we can.
The hardest part of the job is doing everything on my own.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when we help each other.
Also is to take care of my patients as a whole human being.
Wonderful Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Providence, RIDecember 12, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay
learned all about the hospital environment, great teaching setting,

About The Miriam Hospital

From the youngest babies to the most golden oldies, Lifespan Corporation has the health of Rhode Islanders covered through every – Read more