The Miriam Hospital Employee Reviews

Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at The Miriam Hospital. Administration is supportive and I felt valued. I was able to use my knowledge to my highest degree and also learned so much there.
Na
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 9, 2017
Nice, small managable hospital. Has changed with Lifespan involvement - for the negative.

More responsibilities on staff without compensation, resources or regard to the reality of time constraints and family/patient needs.
A Great Place to Work.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 20, 2017
The Miriam Hospital was a great place to work. My co-workers were dedicated professionals, and I always felt my work was appreciated. Pay was fair, environment was supportive, advancement was possible.
Pros
Benefits, environment, co-workers.
Cons
Rush hour traffic.
effective hospital w/ great work culture
Health Information Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 20, 2017
Worked part time at TMH while earning my degree. I was offered flexible hours and was given the chance to grow and learn. Lifespan is a great organization.
Good rewards for employee recognition.
Lab-Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 19, 2017
Fast paced and productive, I've learned a lot in customer service. The management works well with their employee's and usually has monthly meeting regarding any new updates; and also would like to hear any suggestions to make the work flow go smoothly.
Management wasn't very good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 3, 2017
The new policy as far as calling out and being late is just ridiculous . Really hard to take time of even if you have the hours and manger seems to like to pick favorites
Productive and a very good company to work for.
Phlebototmy (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 3, 2017
I had a great experience at The Miriam Hospital. It is a very nice environment to work. Every employee is happy and energetic. The hardest part of the job was the hours 4 am and the i had to travel from CT to RI. The most enjoyable part of the job was giving a good and positive attitude to my patients.
Pros
great discounts and great benefits
Cons
hours
Productive and professional work experience
Central Transporter (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 21, 2017
Safely transport patients to scheduled medical appointments and deliver confidential documents and specimen to labs and physicians-occasionally function as a dispatcher:ensure that fellow employees complete tasks accurately,safely and in a timely manner.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Helping patients and families
Work with great team of coworkers
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 9, 2017
I daily deal with patient contact due to the fact that I register patients daily. I have learned to deal with many types of personalities especially since a lot of patients do come in feeling very nervous if they are there for surgery. Its great that I work with coworkers that are great with team work and it feels very family oriented at my place of work.
Pros
Great team of coworkers
Cons
We barely take morning breaks because it is so busy
Fun but Serious
Unit Secretary, ICU (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI 02906May 27, 2016
Love the entire medical staff along with the pt.'s and there families. long hours but well worth it. Great health and insurance benefits excellent support from co workers and staff.
Pros
wonderful break's/lunches
Cons
could use more staff on hand
a typical day at work
Medical Record Processor (Former Employee) –  Providence, Rhode IslandOctober 19, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Great place to work, good friends, great opportunities to grow in the workplace.
Excellent Hospital to work at
Manager of Special Imaging (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 17, 2015
Patient safety and satisfaction number one priority. Dedicated staff which makes managing fun and easy. Challenges with promptness of hiring in a timely fashion
Customer Service
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 13, 2015
Dealing with patients with disabilities and taking calls from the patients pharmacy when needed. The company closed here in RI and moved to Ohio. Now under a different name.
Great Hospital to work at
ESD/Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 17, 2015
Great hospital to work at.
Pay is not good for ESD workers, as we do a lot....but the health benefits are excellent.

If you are full time you earn time off, also at part time, but, a little
more earned time off. No more than 3 employees are allowed off on any given day, so, fairly easy to get the day off you requested.
(Summer time would be the hardest though).
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Pay
Enjoyable and fun place to work
Intern - Student Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 28, 2015
Very enjoyable place to work. The staff was very knowledgeable and always ready and willing to assist others with any task that needed to be completed.
Pros
Free lunch
Very Productive Hospital, and show kindness to patients.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 27, 2015
Working at Miriam Hospital, give me the opportunity to learn and broaden my knowledge a lot. Miriam Hospital is a family work place, employee are very kind and show our patients what is like to be in there shoes.
Favortism
Lab Sample Processor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 26, 2015
Does not compensate, promote, or hire fairly or effectively. Does not treat everyone fairly. Management is miserable and often too stressed to handle job duties.
Great workplace
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 7, 2015
great work place, safe environment and involved management. Always was shown employee appreciation and was always acknowledged for excellence
Excellent collaborative and patient-centered work environment.
Hematology/Oncology Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 22, 2015
It has been a rewarding experience working at The Miriam Hospital. It has a superior work environment! The well established culture of patient care and safety are not merely words, they are the daily practice and values of this institution. There is a collegial respect exchanged from housekeeping to management. It has been a joy and privilege to have worked in this institution.
Great hospital
Endoscopy technician (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 10, 2015
Great, Magnet hospital. Small, but great team player attitude. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help. Very clean.